Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call and a local pickup
Post 176 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I got this today from @dennisqdw. Honestly this is an investment copy for me, I have a restored 6.5 which would be my long-term keeper. I do have a 3rd copy that is CBCS 3.0. My hunch is that the Shazam Universe is the best chance DC has of cinematic success. This book introduces the "Lt. Marvels" and it pre-dates the introductions of Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. It also has, in my opinion, one of the better covers in the series. So it checks a lot of boxes for me for an investment book that's under 4 figures:

Post 177 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia nice pickup
Post 178 IP   flag post
@Batman66 thanks. As far as pick-ups go, looks like you are leaving us all in the dust. You've been putting in work!
Post 179 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Batman66 ...looks like you are leaving us all in the dust. You've been putting in work!

So this!
Post 180 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
1st hulk / she hulk team up Canadian price variant.....

Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Experimented with buying some already graded books that are not first appearance, as these ones seemed quite cheap. Doubt they will have the appreciation I am used to, but they are all covers I appreciate, and I have always wanted a Catman, any Catman.

Post 182 IP   flag post

so I found this collection literally out in the wild. In the middle of the desert on a dirt road. A lady inherited a house with these books. Got a steal on them. Missed a few bigger books by an issue. Flash 110, B&B 34, our army 87 and a few others. She said there's another box somewhere and said she would call me if or when she finds it
Post 183 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia @sportshort Hi, I'm Gary and I'm addicted to comics....I tried to slow down but I can't pass up a good deal
Post 184 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbayMafia @sportshort Hi, I'm Gary and I'm addicted to comics....I tried to slow down but I can't pass up a good deal

I know of a 12 step program, first step give me your comics. That should help at least one of us.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Quote:

It's a sickness! But as far as addictions go, it's way better than most. About 15 years ago I met some guys at a show who had bought a large collection from a storage unit. It had been picked through pretty good by the dealers but there was still a lot of great non-key stuff. They gave me 75% off sticker price for minimum purchase of $1k. I spent about $2K on books with sticker price of $8K, all Silver and Bronze. Never been sorry about that.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

First purchases of the year. Not high grade, buy happy with having them for the money spent.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Amazing. Kinda jealous. 👍🏼
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, I didn’t attend our local Con yesterday, after all.

But my brother got me a couple autographs.

The voice of April in the TMNT cartoon:

And Butch Patrick!

Kinda bummed He personalized it, but still cool.

Post 189 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So I finally got around to firing up the tubes in my ancient large format HP scanner, and have the following to share with you.

This signed copy was part of my Secret Santa haul from @Paint_Monk:

This book came in a trade with @flanders, so I now have Star Wars #1-4 in 9.4 or better.

And lastly, this is something I purchased off Shortboxed for my ASM run.

Post 190 IP   flag post
Liked the Daredevil 8 Wood cover since I was a kid, never owned one but a pretty lame villain. The WW 207 looks like good times. The Blue Bolt is just so I could own one, and the WW 204 Nubia is pure speculation.

Post 191 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Only 2 new ones. I just sent off a big order of books to be graded.

Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

so I found this collection literally out in the wild. In the middle of the desert on a dirt road. A lady inherited a house with these books. Got a steal on them. Missed a few bigger books by an issue. Flash 110, B&B 34, our army 87 and a few others. She said there's another box somewhere and said she would call me if or when she finds it
That green lantern 1 is a super snag for sure
Post 193 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 194 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Fresh back from grading
Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these yesterday. I really like both of these artists work, so I didn’t mind paying a little extra for the virgin covers.

Die!namite Lives #5 Suydam Limited Virgin

Hell Sonja #1 Linsner 1:40 Virgin

Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up today while running around! Got it for a great price to which helps.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Another book that’s tempted me since I first saw it here on the forum. 1st appearance of Power Girl at a super price. If you guys cared at all about my marriage, you would stop tempting me.

Post 198 IP   flag post
It ain’t us, it’s Power Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Another book that’s tempted me since I first saw it here on the forum. 1st appearance of Power Girl at a super price. If you guys cared at all about my marriage, you would stop tempting me.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
It ain’t us, it’s Power Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

Shhhhhhhhh...
Post 200 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just wait till some posts a notti or nice cover....
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 202 IP   flag post
The classic book sent without cardboard, shows up bent. I sent the seller a picture of a cardboard sandwich so he can learn. Let him know if I can’t fix it I will ask for a partial refund.
And some mid grade magazines, usually wait for high grade ones but they seemed so cheap I snagged them, $20 each about. Really only wanted the March one and that one is pretty good, the others, good reading.

Post 203 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@doog - It always sucks to get damaged books in the mail. When will these cheap, ignorant bastards learn, and how have they even stayed in business?
PS - The covers on those Terror Tales magazines are pure gold!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in!

Post 205 IP   flag post
598060 999 30