Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Decided to start the New Year off right. Three of these will be dropped off at CBCS this week. See if you can guess which.

All should be, but I'll go with the Batman 251, HOS 92, and the Avengers 57. Am I close?
Post 151 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers I'll second @Studley_Dudley choices. Nice books and good luck.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call
Post 153 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Tough act to follow, @Batman66... oh well.

A couple Kaluta's, the HOS has an MJ insert.

A couple Wrightson's, HOS has an MJ insert again.

A buddy picked this book up for me. I haven't researched it yet or opened it but from what I can tell its kind of rare Sakaii Marvel art. It's a few short stories done by different artists that feature the Hulk.

This isn't new but "like new" freed from its polybag prison.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 155 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @Scifinator for helping me expand my Spawn Collection! I now own 5 books from the Scifinator Unremarkable Pedigree. I believe @Ebaymafia came up with the perfect name. I know Scifinator has some pretty amazing books but I've yet to purchase one of his more remarkable items. I'll have to print up some custom stickers one of these days, but for now my memory is still decent enough to recall what items I've purchased & received as gifts from members on this forum.

Post 156 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up just because it’s signed by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. Once the sad news came out about Mr. Perez I felt a sense of urgency to pick this up.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived today. For anyone interested in back stories, this book has had a roller coaster ride of prices. The cult classic story where Miracleman has to kill his former sidekick after he leveled half of London. It was a lower print run that could not get reprinted for decades while it was locked up in ownership litigation. Now it has been reprinted and prices are fairly pedestrian by todays standards...under $100 for 9.0, under $200 for 9.6. I still can't get myself to spring for 9.8's when buying 9.6's makes my comic dollar go 3 times as far:

Post 158 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia nice pickup. I have a couple of raw copies, very interesting storyline
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of additions. Two auction wins from comic connect and then a grail I’ve been after for a wee bit.

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Waited probably over a year for this which was funded on Indiegogo. The pandemic didnt help. Got to read the digital copy months ago, but it's not the same.

Scott Gordon Murphy's Plot Holes TPB. I pledged for the Hardcover and Softcover. The detailing (gloss and embossing) on the books are incredible. The pledge also included prints which arrived on pretty thick watercolor type paper. It was nice that he signed the interior of both books

Oversized Hardcover

Post 161 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @esaravo for these amazing Rampaging Hulks and the bonus Wolverine! I feel like my side of the trade is far less impressive and I may have to find something else to send you in the future.

Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for this for quite some time.

Post 163 IP   flag post
@doog very nice, hard to vine by in that grade, congrats
Post 164 IP   flag post
@flanders looks like I need to add Rampaging Hulk to the list of Magazines with cool covers that I've been picking up.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders looks like I need to add Rampaging Hulk to the list of Magazines with cool covers that I've been picking up.

You and me both, magazines are still quite affordable, even in high grade. But the cover has to speak to me.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:

You and me both, magazines are still quite affordable, even in high grade. But the cover has to speak to me.

Bingo. Ever since I've become more focused on displayable covers...comic magazines have become the place to find the bargains.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Another welcome moment of weakness. I've wanted to upgrade my copy for some time, so I was happy to find a white pager.

Post 168 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Blew my load for the year on some drek.

My first Australian price variant which was hiding in plain sight at the LCS.

Not my first choice of grading company, and the label is ass so it's blacked out.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector BooksOfRage private msg quote post Address this user
After reading this series, I decided it was definitely worth owning. So.. starting with #1:

Post 170 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today and the first purchase of 2022.

Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Started my spidergwen 1 run and decided to grab issuer 2 1:25

Also got Rose Besch’s first published cover

Post 172 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Finally, I’ve been looking for an affordable copy of X-Men 55. Happy to finally have it.

Also picked up this copy of X-Men 23, both comics from @Darkseid_of_town at a great price.

Post 173 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Big thanks to Prestige Worldwide
Post 174 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I received these yesterday from a trade with @flanders to add to my ASM run. He threw in a few extra books, and there is also a slab that I haven’t scanned yet (I have to warm up the tubes in my scanner for that). Thank you, James.

Extras:

And these came today from a small online purchase.

Post 175 IP   flag post

mail call and a local pickup
Post 176 IP   flag post
I got this today from @dennisqdw. Honestly this is an investment copy for me, I have a restored 6.5 which would be my long-term keeper. I do have a 3rd copy that is CBCS 3.0. My hunch is that the Shazam Universe is the best chance DC has of cinematic success. This book introduces the "Lt. Marvels" and it pre-dates the introductions of Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. It also has, in my opinion, one of the better covers in the series. So it checks a lot of boxes for me for an investment book that's under 4 figures:

Post 177 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia nice pickup
Post 178 IP   flag post
@Batman66 thanks. As far as pick-ups go, looks like you are leaving us all in the dust. You've been putting in work!
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Batman66 ...looks like you are leaving us all in the dust. You've been putting in work!

So this!
Post 180 IP   flag post
601291 999 30