Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Bronte I'm curious about the Steranko signature on Mr. Miracle? Any insight on how/why that happened?

I decided to hijack the response.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
@Bronte I'm curious about the Steranko signature on Mr. Miracle? Any insight on how/why that happened?

I decided to hijack the response.

Damn! Steranko just keeps getting cooler and cooler. One day we're going to find out that he was an unrecognized member of the Rat Pack.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I was lucky enough to attend one of those dinners with a creator thing a few years back - maybe 20 of us and Mr. Steranko - a great story teller who regaled us with tales of being an escape artist (among other tales) and that Mister Miracle was based on him!
Post 128 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It turns out the sinnot signature is the odd man out. Apparently, unless he had an unwritten role in the creation of the title, he is not listed as someone who contributed to this book.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

It turns out the sinnot signature is the odd man out. Apparently, unless he had an unwritten role in the creation of the title, he is not listed as someone who contributed to this book.

I don’t know of any connection between Joe Sinnott and Mister Miracle, but Sinnott inked so much of Kirby’s work, they are pretty much considered a SA team (but all for Marvel, not DC). Mr. Sinnott, unfortunately, recently passed away (2020). I had the pleasure of meeting him and getting his autograph at a few conventions a few years ago.

PS - Amazing book, congratulations!
Post 130 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Thank you. I took a huge gamble on the kirby signature. While the auction was up, the preliminary Beckett scan came back inconclusive and they returned my money. (Never had that happen before)

I now have a verified signature and I filled one of my grail goals of comic collecting.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to add this key Detective issue to my collection, courtesy of @jokioo. It’s also my first rivet slab.

And I just like this cover:

Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Presents much nicer than a 7.5. Will be posting my under copy (CBCS 5.0) soon on my sales thread.
Post 133 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm Just had to rain on my Detective 359 parade, didn't you?
Post 134 IP   flag post
@CatCovers lol, sorry!
Post 135 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Nice. Ive met Bob Camp (co-creator) several times. really cool guy. he charges for his signature. hefty pricy but if a fan he is worth it. if you bring an item its obviously cheaper but still expensive. have a signed print and a commissioned sketch of Ren
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Forgot to post this when I got it a few days ago.
Post 137 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent ebay purchases that should arrive soon.

Post 138 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up another copy of the tick special edition 1 limited to 5,000 and a couple of limited to 6,000 pin sets from 1989. I think they're pretty dang cool
Post 139 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
only new comics is do an order on ebay. so behind on recent issues.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today! Thanks due to a "Fantastic" trade with @xkonk! Thanks!

Post 141 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived yesterday just in time for the premier of the Book of Boba Fett. I can’t thank @EbayMafia enough for being so easy to make a deal with. Hopefully we will make a few more in 2022.

Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user

My only new slab of thr week. Is what it is
Post 143 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
For the last 7 years, as the Marvel Superhero craze has gotten out of my price ranges, I have concentrated on picking up iconic, nostalgic characters that a substantial majority in the world know of or are familiar of or flat out beloved. This includes classic beloved cartoons, tv shows, and other forms of media. There will always be a place, potentially, for remakes of iconic characters (human or not human) outside of the superhero genre.
That said, I've been looking for this book in simply... just simply mid-grade and it's just been impossible (for me anyway) to find. Even torn rags of this book in low grade only pop up scarcely. Who didn't love Lassie as a kid?

So off to my presser & grading, and hoping this #1 comes back around a 4.5/5.0 or so (in about year ... lol)

Post 144 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 great book! I also pick up older non-super hero books (and keep what I have from my 90s collecting days). Some are very hard to find.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Added more issues to my Copra collection a few weeks back:

Forgot I preordered this from TFAW until it showed up:

Christmas Gifts:

Post 146 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I needed X-Men 96 & 98 to fill a couple of holders in my x-men 94-101 run. These are books I missed when I first started to buy comics as a 12 year old kid in 1975.

Here is the newest addition to my X-Men run, x-men 98. Got it for a fantastic price on eBay.

Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing big, but happy to have these. I hope CGC or CBCS can eventually get Scarlet for a signing.

Post 148 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

first pick up of the year, responded to a OfferUp post. Never mind the prices, didn't pay nearly as that
Post 149 IP   flag post
Decided to start the New Year off right. Three of these will be dropped off at CBCS this week. See if you can guess which.

Post 150 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Decided to start the New Year off right. Three of these will be dropped off at CBCS this week. See if you can guess which.

All should be, but I'll go with the Batman 251, HOS 92, and the Avengers 57. Am I close?
Post 151 IP   flag post
@CatCovers I'll second @Studley_Dudley choices. Nice books and good luck.
Post 152 IP   flag post

mail call
Post 153 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Tough act to follow, @Batman66... oh well.

A couple Kaluta's, the HOS has an MJ insert.

A couple Wrightson's, HOS has an MJ insert again.

A buddy picked this book up for me. I haven't researched it yet or opened it but from what I can tell its kind of rare Sakaii Marvel art. It's a few short stories done by different artists that feature the Hulk.

This isn't new but "like new" freed from its polybag prison.

Post 154 IP   flag post

Post 155 IP   flag post
597897 999 30