Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Two mags that were given to me today for free by my local comic shop Ancient Comics in Seattle 👍
Post 101 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
So I finally got a “Hulk 181”

Post 102 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It was a light week on my weekly stories. Browsing a bit landed me this book.

Shout out to @flanders on this auction win. I'd post it on auction wins but if no one bids is it really an auction? We spoke about his 9.8 and he was kind enough to send me a link. I sent him a stupid commission but in say a year from now, he'll get a real one.

Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Damn. Gotta love Stimpy!
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad looks like you might have 10 9.8s there!
Post 105 IP   flag post

I wouldn't say 10 but there is potential. Passing on @flanders greatness the same seller has lots of 5 if anyone cares about such a thing.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

I had to open it. It going in the next sub. Anyone want the figures?

Post 107 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got my monthly comic shipment from MCS today. If you missed out on their Cyber Monday deals, you missed out on some great buys!! Here is what I got for a buck each. The "Weird but true toon factoids" book is a hardcover. I took pics of front and back.

Then some modern drek I pre-ordered. These are the highlights.

But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this last one. It's a Superman #154 with a very cool Mr. MXYZPTLK cover. I've had it on my want list for quite a while. Then this poor condition one got listed. I read the listing and for $1.90, I got it. When it came today, I got the pleasant surprise of it being an UK price variant!! This book has gone across the pond and back at least once. It also has that great old comic smell!!!

Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I had to open it. It going in the next sub. Anyone want the figures?

Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this last one. It's a Superman #154 with a very cool Mr. MXYZPTLK cover. I've had it on my want list for quite a while. Then this poor condition one got listed. I read the listing and for $1.90, I got it. When it came today, I got the pleasant surprise of it being an UK price variant!! This book has gone across the pond and back at least once. It also has that great old comic smell!!!

That cool nice find! I take it the .5 is for a detached cover?
Post 110 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash thanks!! Yes. The cover is taped together but not taped to the book.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I just got 12 books back from CBCS. I did a grade screen on some of the books. I like that you can pick and choose the pre screen and even different grades on the same submission. Unlike CGC where there is a 25 book minimum to request pre screens. I had been wanting to send some of these in for awhile. The Batman 404, Dark Knight Returns #3 and #4 I had bought at an LCS when they came out. I cleaned and pressed all the books myself except the Star Wars books which I felt did not need it. I think my eye at grading has improved over time. I am very pleased with the results.

Post 112 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Another perfect transaction with @jokioo.

Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Two mags that were given to me today for free by my local comic shop Ancient Comics in Seattle 👍

Gladiator covers are some of my personal favorites. This one would be so great with no words or dialogue. Totally unnecessary.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 115 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
De nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This one is all @DrWatson's fault!

Post 116 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Another perfect transaction with @jokioo.

I like Grodd. I just wish he were on the cover. Nice book, though.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 118 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

couple of mail calls my 5th copy of ff annual 6, why??? Picked up the tick special edition 1, the first tick in comics and limited to 5,000. Signed by Ben Edmund. It was nice of the seller to ship it without a bag or board and gave me a couple of spine ticks for free. I have another copy that should be here this week. Also picked up another copy of tick 1
Post 119 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Gladiator covers are some of my personal favorites. This one would be so great with no words or dialogue. Totally unnecessary.

I think the same.

The calling all girls is just stories and articles, first copy I picked up.

I'm sort of tempted to Google the name and address as there is a subscription label on the bottom right of the book.
Post 120 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Trying new things again:

Post 121 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought Strange Academy and got Gun Honey (Mint foil Virgin) for free.

Post 122 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Triple signature includes kirby

and

1st America Chavez.

Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in today!!

Post 124 IP   flag post
@Bronte I'm curious about the Steranko signature on Mr. Miracle? Any insight on how/why that happened?
Post 125 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Bronte I'm curious about the Steranko signature on Mr. Miracle? Any insight on how/why that happened?

I decided to hijack the response.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

I decided to hijack the response.

Damn! Steranko just keeps getting cooler and cooler. One day we're going to find out that he was an unrecognized member of the Rat Pack.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I was lucky enough to attend one of those dinners with a creator thing a few years back - maybe 20 of us and Mr. Steranko - a great story teller who regaled us with tales of being an escape artist (among other tales) and that Mister Miracle was based on him!
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:

It turns out the sinnot signature is the odd man out. Apparently, unless he had an unwritten role in the creation of the title, he is not listed as someone who contributed to this book.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

It turns out the sinnot signature is the odd man out. Apparently, unless he had an unwritten role in the creation of the title, he is not listed as someone who contributed to this book.

I don’t know of any connection between Joe Sinnott and Mister Miracle, but Sinnott inked so much of Kirby’s work, they are pretty much considered a SA team (but all for Marvel, not DC). Mr. Sinnott, unfortunately, recently passed away (2020). I had the pleasure of meeting him and getting his autograph at a few conventions a few years ago.

PS - Amazing book, congratulations!
Post 130 IP   flag post
600882 999 30