Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia lol, had so many people comment about this shirt. Went to church this morning and even my pastor interrupted his wife while she was speaking to someone just to point out the shirt. Sure brings back memories of jr high and high school
Post 951 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 by the way, that's a pretty sweet sketch. Cool that you got to be there while it was drawn.
Post 952 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
So this happened today. Chased a lead for a collection, was pleasantly surprised. I can't tell you how many duplicate 1's this collector purchased, range from 1-14 copies. Lots were over 8 and most were purchased and put away, most are extremely nice plus they were in the mountains so the pages are all Snow White, beautiful beautiful books. This is just a fraction He has 3 more boxes that I'm going to pick up. The list in the last picture is some inventory of 1 of the boxes. Look at the circled. Wish me luck.

Post 953 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to follow @Batman66 since this wasn't on the list, but downloaded this last night. Would be cool for a digital sketch cover.

Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Holy hell. Congratulations.
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Some megacon grabs.
Clay Mann remarque

Rod Ramos Toxic Avenger brought for sig, remarque I bought.
Bill Mckay

Not megacon, but just posting.

plate on left just got signed.
Right I've had from previous signings

Some nice grabs there Etapi, did you happen to bump into Horn while you were there?
Post 956 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I did see his booth, but it was really swamped. I've never seen a Megacon this busy. Even Thursday was ridiculously crowded.

Same problem with Nathan Szerdy. Went to his booth 3 times for some sigs; waited for 20 mins or so, and was no closer to getting to the line's front.

Saturday, the parking lot got full by like 11:00 and they told people basically (if you can't find another way to get here you're SoL.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 nice score đź‘Ť
Post 958 IP   flag post
@00slim @southerncross yeah thanks. I was trying to keep my cool when I was thumbing through them. The pictures are just a sample of all the duplicates all in high grade. Funny though, Han full runs of titles without some of the keys. The noon fist full except for 14,15. Howard the duck full fun except for 1, 2001 full except 8..... I'm picking up the final 3 boxes tonight. I know there is a gsx1, all the square bound books in the collection were extremely high grade 9.2 +++++ I'll post the goodies later today or tomorrow
Post 959 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic, but just got this today.

Post 960 IP   flag post
I fell off the wagon again when a 5% MCS weekly discount lured me into buying this cool Dr. Doom cover that had been catching my eye forever:

And since one is never enough, the tight MCS grading convinced me to add this Hate-Monger first appearance:

Post 961 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
A couple more...this was part of a trade i made using a recent raffle win-

Also these-

I am getting very, very close to having just about every hack slash cover/one shot/variant
Post 962 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
There's not much to see here, just new episodes of my stories.

Post 963 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
So this happened today. Chased a lead for a collection, was pleasantly surprised. I can't tell you how many duplicate 1's this collector purchased, range from 1-14 copies. Lots were over 8 and most were purchased and put away, most are extremely nice plus they were in the mountains so the pages are all Snow White, beautiful beautiful books. This is just a fraction He has 3 more boxes that I'm going to pick up. The list in the last picture is some inventory of 1 of the boxes. Look at the circled. Wish me luck.

Oh for f**ks sake! I’m never posting in this thread again, lol.
Post 964 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Batman66 wins the internet this week but it won't stop me from posting this. I only need a signed #5 and I'll have a complete signed run of COIE. There are 2 on EBay. Not paying $300 for a raw signed #5
Post 965 IP   flag post
So I was able to meet up with the seller of that collection I picked up and wasn't disappointed. Multiple copies of just about every giant size in unread condition. Mainly marvel but a bunch of dc square bound books. I kid you not, so many 9.8 candidates, just an amazing collection. The gsx1 unfortunately was dropped at some point and crunched the bottom right corner. Hopefully a good press will take them out. Hers a few of them, I ran out of time to take more pictures. Also what's cool is a bunch of atlas in pristine condition.

@EbayMafia im sure this didn't help, sorry
Post 966 IP   flag post
It didn’t help me at all. I’m sorry if I’m being rude, but are your intentions to run these thru a grading system?

I guess to put it bluntly, if you plan to sell give us a heads up!
Post 967 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I hate to follow those up! I received 2 boxes today. Here's the first box...

Post 968 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
And the second package. I saved the best for last

Post 969 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
And the second package. I saved the best for last

That shows off nicely for a 5.5!
Post 970 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Not in hand yet, but very excited to have worked a trade for this Pedigree copy. Going to look into having the small amount of glue removed as well. Doesn't really bother me though.

Post 971 IP   flag post

mail call, did an upgrade to my b&b34
Post 972 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad some are for the pc, some will be graded and will sell the rest. I'm hammered at work, it will take a few weeks to go through the collection and sort them out. I'll post them here
Post 973 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 974 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I recently pick these up as gifts for some friends who are close to me. I'm going to get these pressed and slabbed so they can display these books nicely. Not shown because I haven't received it yet is a copy of Star Wars number two signed by Mark Hamill which is going to get pressed and verify naturally for my best friend. He's a big Star Wars fan and should be totally stoked on getting something signed by Mark Hamill!

Post 975 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from CGC.
More Lady Death for my PC.

The Mortal Kombat had a small spine tick on the front that I knew about. The Department Of Truth had a small spine tick on the back cover that I didn’t know about.

The Battle Chasers Prelude has been in my collection since 1998 and didn’t even need to be pressed.

The SIKTC #1 has a bend or something on the back cover. I pressed it but it might need a professional press.

Post 976 IP   flag post

Post 977 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 978 IP   flag post

Post 979 IP   flag post

Post 980 IP   flag post
600642 999 30