Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

I won another raffle over on IG ...I probably gotta stop, because I've hit a couple now and I know that's not the norm...but I hit a few in the last 4 months

For example- I also won these last week

...I already parlayed that asm 4 into a trade with a couple other books to get somethings I've been wanting...I should have more goodies in hand next week
Post 926 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave @GanaSoth thanks guys
Post 927 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in with my Hellwitch vs. Lady Death: Wargasum bundle (tape is on the bag):

Post 928 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got one of these! Each copy was custom made and unique. You mailed in an order form that asked things like gender, your name, hometown, and a friend or loved one’s name and they are used throughout the book.

Back then, just like today, if not more so, comic fans tended to skew more male so versions featuring the female Captain Universe are harder to come by

Post 929 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

Do they still do these custom books? I think it would make a great gift...
Post 930 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this today.

Post 931 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I thought it was a cool idea unfortunately I can't find another example of something like this being done outside of those cheesy things you might find at a mall kiosk
Post 932 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Post 933 IP   flag post

Post 934 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 935 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Some nice baseball books I found at a garage sale today.
Post 936 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up from my LCS.
Signed & Sketch by Rob Potchak on 4/21/2021.

Post 937 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been slacking lately.
GameStop covers

Zombie Tramp Kickstarter
Blank, Nice Nevermind homage, Sun K cover set

Kickstarter goodies

Speechless: Artist Insider #1 (Ultimate set. Trade, Metal, Nude Holofoil)

Hardlee Thinn Buffy Homage by Shikarii (Metal AP)

Lady Death

Post 938 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
1948 Safe driving promo comic book

Post 939 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash I don't see that listed anywhere. What's the value, do you know?
Post 940 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@HulkSmash I don't see that listed anywhere. What's the value, do you know?
nope; I thought it was cool, don’t own any comics pre 1960 and I got it for a bargain.
Post 941 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a little information anyway.

Post 942 IP   flag post
Just bought this....not a great picture but its Jimmy Olsen 147 CGC 9.4

Post 943 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Another Jungle Comics bondage cover for the collection.

Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a couple more Alfred Harvey file sets about a week ago.

June 1963 highlights:

September 1964 highlights:

Post 945 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up another copy of silver surfer 1 at Ontario comic con. Met up with James O'Barr, signed several of my books, had some signed on the slabs and later today I'm picking up a commission from him, I'll post pictures later
Post 946 IP   flag post

day 2, met up with O'Barr and picked up my sketch. He actually forgot about it which worked out beautifully because wife and I got to watch him. It was amazing to see it come together. I had him sign the cases on my graded books and sign the raw books. I had Chris Claremont sign my X-men books in the first page where it belongs, he has a terrible signature, but it is better than mine. Also picked up a fighting American 1, Simon and Kirby goodness
Post 947 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Some megacon grabs.
Clay Mann remarque

Rod Ramos Toxic Avenger brought for sig, remarque I bought.
Bill Mckay

Not megacon, but just posting.

plate on left just got signed.
Right I've had from previous signings
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Scott Blair
Post 949 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Glad to see you wore your best Pee Chee to the show!
Post 950 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia lol, had so many people comment about this shirt. Went to church this morning and even my pastor interrupted his wife while she was speaking to someone just to point out the shirt. Sure brings back memories of jr high and high school
Post 951 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 by the way, that's a pretty sweet sketch. Cool that you got to be there while it was drawn.
Post 952 IP   flag post
So this happened today. Chased a lead for a collection, was pleasantly surprised. I can't tell you how many duplicate 1's this collector purchased, range from 1-14 copies. Lots were over 8 and most were purchased and put away, most are extremely nice plus they were in the mountains so the pages are all Snow White, beautiful beautiful books. This is just a fraction He has 3 more boxes that I'm going to pick up. The list in the last picture is some inventory of 1 of the boxes. Look at the circled. Wish me luck.

Post 953 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to follow @Batman66 since this wasn't on the list, but downloaded this last night. Would be cool for a digital sketch cover.

Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Holy hell. Congratulations.
Post 955 IP   flag post
601454 999 30