Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user

Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today.

If you guys have not read The Recount, you are missing out on a great story.
Unlike crap they are putting out now, like the new Punisher series (for example), which is not good (unless your IQ is around 50), this series is actually written in a way it grabs your full attention, and every page is suspenseful. The First Season is complete (#1-4), the Second Season is in the works.

Also, this series has been optioned for a movie.
Read about the Movie in the works here.

The Recount #1 - Comic Conline Exclusive Alan Quah Virgin Variant Limited to 250

The Recount #1 - CBSN Exclusive Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Virgin Variant Cover

Post 877 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Iโ€™m gonna post all my new Punisher books when I get home. That is unless I canโ€™t figure out how to use a camera.
Post 878 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Nice!
Post 879 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just a bunch of random crap I've been picking up. A few are going to be up for sale
Post 880 IP   flag post

Another Great Comic Series by Scout Comics. What is cool about this comic, other than the story, is that this comic was made by a Father and Son team. Writer: Drew Ferguson (Son) and Artist: Lee Ferguson (Father). I got these signed by both along with a collectors box (also signed).

Sam and His Talking Gun Collectors Box, signed

Sam and His Talking Gun #1

Sam and His Talking Gun #2

Sam and His Talking Gun #3

Sam and His Talking Gun #4

COAs

Post 881 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

A few recent pickups, some to prepare for baltimore comiccon signings. Still need to find a nice asm 252 for that.

Also picked up almost an entire run of thunderbolts, and have a small collection I may be buying this weekend with a couple of slabs, signed books and random raws(with some keys).
Post 882 IP   flag post
Well, looks like my lucky day. Buying these 3 books for 325 total. The 252 and one of the 238s look probably in the 7.0 range maybe a little higher, the other has a tear at one of the staples but looks decent other than that(both missing tattooz.

Post 883 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 I have an extra set of tattooz if you'd like it.
Post 884 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today at the Saratoga ComicCon in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Post 885 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley thanks for the offer, will have to see exactly what condition the books are in when they get here. One is lower grade with a detached upper stake and small tear around the staple on the back cover(looks like a kid was rough when removing the tattooz, unfortunately not the first one I've seen like this), but the other one besides missing the tattooz looks pretty solid.
Post 886 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today at the Bedrock City Comic-Con. Really pumped to add the 1st Zatanna and the 1st Haunted Tank to my collection.

Post 887 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 888 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Dang @DWeeB1967, every time I buy a book you go out and get a nicer copy! No idea what that GI Combat must have cost but I don't think I've ever seen one in person in that high of a grade. That's one of those books that you don't see at every Con you go to. I was tracking it for years before I got the right price on a raw copy at MCS this past year.
Post 889 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Really pumped to add the 1st Haunted Tank to my collection.

Nice Pick-up. Congrats!
Post 890 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @GanaSoth.
Post 891 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
...I don't think I've ever seen one in person in that high of a grade. That's one of those books that you don't see at every Con you go to. I was tracking it for years before I got the right price on a raw copy at MCS this past year.

Thanks, @EbayMafia. I appreciate the kind words.

Bedrock City had this book up on their wall and I just couldn't pass it up in this grade. I was able to get it completely through trading but, like you implied, it wasn't cheap. It cost me an Iron Fist #14 (CGC 9.4), A Ghost Rider #1 (CGC 9.4) and a Swamp Thing #37 (CBCS 9.4).

That's alot to give up but I know that, if I really want any of those books I traded again in the future, I can locate one really easily and buy it (all it takes is $$$, right? ๐Ÿ˜„) or trade for it. However this GIC #87 is like the 6th highest in the CGC Census and it matches the highest grade given by CBCS. Very tough to find in grade just like you said.
Post 892 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 That is a lot to give up, but it's like a museum quality historical artifact. And as you imply, those others can be replaced tonight on Ebay...this is something that is rarely seen.
Post 893 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia What made it a little easier to stomach (other than just the condition of the GIC #87) was the money that I had tied up in the books I traded.

I'd bought the Iron Fist #14 for just over $100 (30 years ago) and the Swamp Thing #37 for not much at all (probably $20 or so) . I bought the Ghost Rider #1 in late 2020 for just over $1K but it's value has doubled since then. So, to have this book for just over $1200... I just couldn't pass it up.
Post 894 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Went to the LA County Fair, they always have a small amount of comics and video games. I picked this up. I like both the Turtles and Power Rangers (Super Sentai).

Post 895 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Went to the LA County Fair,

Ah the County Fair.. where the average family has already spent a hundred bucks before they get through the entry gates.
Post 896 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Went to the LA County Fair,

Ah the County Fair.. where the average family has already spent a hundred bucks before they get through the entry gates.

That's funny but not quite true, I spent about 16 dollars per ticket and about 20 to park but the real pain was from the food items that ran between 18 and 30 dollars. Corn dog was 10 dollars (giant though). We had a good time but, no pig races (the most enjoyable part of the whole experience) and several exhibits closed (pandemic related). We still had fun but burned through the whole thing in about 4 hours. To your point, super expensive food.
Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Post 898 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
I loved Sam and His Talking Gun! Great story!
Post 899 IP   flag post
Grabbed these last week. Didn't post till now.

Death Dealer #1 1:30 Dell'Otto Cover (Very Under Ordered Title)

First Appearance of Darkhawk

Post 900 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Local honey hole got a new collection in. I got there one hour after opening. Just in time to see some local guy spend $20k+. It was impressive. So far it was a lot of ASM, TOS, and Avengers stuff. A few early Hulks and some other assorted goodness. Here were the rags I bought. I restrained myself fairly well today. A couple were upgrades to the books currently in my collections, and a few of these will go off for grading.

Post 901 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Rags? These are beautiful! Specially that FF #48 !
Post 902 IP   flag post
Meant to start a signed Crisis Perez run before he even got sick. Then he got sick. I got all except issues 5 and 6 and he passed. 5 and 6 weren't showing up at all while he was ill. Then after he passed they did. What were on average $50 books went to $350 and I was out.

I scoured EBay and this listing was buried. All for under $300. What choice did I have? I will likely try to list the issues I gathered and see if I can get some money back on those. I just felt 5 and 6 weren't going to show and if they did, they will be expensive now

Post 903 IP   flag post

Post 904 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley nice Drek ๐Ÿ‘

Picked up a Spidey 134 myself about a month ago, second appearance of the punisher can't go wrong.
Post 905 IP   flag post
601329 999 30