Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Some black Friday comics. Also got some Green Lanterns to fill in some gaps in my run from the 70s and 5 Demon comics from the initial series and New x-men #114 (2001) One local shop was 40% off wall comics and the other 30%. 50% off back issues and random stuff in long boxes. combined I was under $150 after taxes.
Even if I'm off by 1 full grade point I still got them cheaper than the FMV before the Spring insanity.

Post 51 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Some black Friday comics. Also got some Green Lanterns to fill in some gaps in my run from the 70s and 5 Demon comics from the initial series and New x-men #114 (2001) One local shop was 40% off wall comics and the other 30%. 50% off back issues and random stuff in long boxes. combined I was under $150 after taxes.
Even if I'm off by 1 full grade point I still got them cheaper than the FMV before the Spring insanity.

I am so envious, I don't have any comic book stores nearby that I can pick up GA, SA or BA books at a decent price. or many times there are no books of those ages at all.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort That's why I've come to love MCS. You get a book and an industry-respected 3rd party grade all in one. Having that tight MCS grade on raw books can be quite useful now that getting books slabbed has become such an ordeal.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pickups from Atomic Avenue.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
My local comic shop just deals in back issues and is always getting good stuff in.
Like a few days ago he picked up 5 short boxes of golden age.

Funny animal, Shazam's, Superboy's, Tom and Jerry's, Miss America and a bunch of other stuff like a complete set of Tonto's

A quick snap of stuff I picked up and was looking at.

Another shop cheery picked the collection and I think they pulled out a first appearance Brainiac
Post 55 IP   flag post

I feel like the early Wrightson and Adams covers on HOS and HOM are getting bought up. Nothing here of significant value but I wanted this awesome cover:

So I bought a lot on Ebay that included these cool covers:

Post 56 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross wow nice haul, did you end up with all the books
Post 57 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I feel like the early Wrightson and Adams covers on HOS and HOM are getting bought up. Nothing here of significant value but I wanted this awesome cover:

Hope that guys not a proctologist!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@southerncross wow nice haul, did you end up with all the books

From the photo not the Black terror issue 1.
The comic shop owner is keeping that one for himself unfortunately.
Post 59 IP   flag post
2 more books from my other local comic book store.

I know some here don't have a local store that does back issues so they buy online.

Where I am fortunate that my local shops have books from the golden age up so I use online buying to a lesser extent.

Post 60 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross don't blame him, nice looking copy. My black terror 1 came back a 4.5, from the picture his looks nicer. Congrats on that honey hole.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector BooksOfRage private msg quote post Address this user
Timely arrival today. I love this series:

Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in today. Needs a press. I’m hoping it can get a 6.0 after a press but who knows

Post 63 IP   flag post
One more came in.. Trying to get every comic featuring Silk on the cover.

Post 64 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks to a very very very generous gift from EbayMafia. I now own (all ungraded)
amazing spider-man #360 (first appearance of Carnage in cameo. Cletus did appear before but first with symboite)
amazing spider-man #363 (final of Carnage storyline)
amazing spider-man #365 (first appearance of spider-man 2099)
amazing spider-man #375
uncanny x-men #282 (first appearance of Bishop)
Post 65 IP   flag post
A few more goodies arrived today.

Childhood memories:

And because I'm a huge video game fan:

It's in worse condition than I thought so I imagine the grade isn't going to be great. I'll probably pick up a higher grade copy later but for now, I'm happy to have it.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @zdoes10 for the amazing books, including an unexpected signature. I've always been a fan of Lady Death but sold my only comics a couple years ago.

Post 67 IP   flag post
A lot new to the collection today.. here's a few highlights:

And this beauty just arrived from EddieTheComicGuy!

Post 68 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
bought this today.

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 70 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Looking through the bins at my lcs while showing off my cbcs returns and for $6 picked up a nice Frank Miller DD CPV!!

Post 71 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to check this one off my list

Post 72 IP   flag post
Another beauty came in today and one I've wanted in great condition!

Monica Rambeau! I have a bunch more of her cover appearances sitting at CBCS now.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Theres some fire ! Same story from the adventure books, Zatanna the magician!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
New drek.

Post 75 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Thank you @zdoes10 for the amazing books, including an unexpected signature. I've always been a fan of Lady Death but sold my only comics a couple years ago.

Glad they got there ok.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
These X-Men are not new to my collection as a matter of fact #95 was the very first X-Men comic book I bought as a kid. The other 3 were the next three I bought from a drug store. I could not afford every comic that came out, that’s why there are gaps. What is new to my collection are the Chris Claremont signatures. I know some don’t dig them but I do and meeting him was quite the experience as he is very kind and loves telling stories about the comics he worked on.

Post 77 IP   flag post
These are new to my collection without caveats. I’ve been after this Spider-man 59 for quite a while and am happy to have found it at a good price.

This Wonder Woman 199 has been on my list since I first saw it here on the forum. I got it For a fantastic price, super happy.

Post 78 IP   flag post
@sportshort Those 4 X-men covers, 95-100, represent a good chunk of my collecting desires when I was a kid in the 80's.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@sportshort Those 4 X-men covers, 95-100, represent a good chunk of my collecting desires when I was a kid in the 80's.

Since I had to find them yesterday to have them signed today, now I know that I never purchased 96 & 98. That will give me a direction as to what to purchase next.

P.S. from looking at them again I realized that they could really use a clean and press. What can I say, I was a kid.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601484 999 30