CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I can't even imagine what you'd see. All I see is a really bad jack-o-lantern. Then again I have zero imagination and the innuendo cover would never came to mind if someone didn't bring it to my attention.

Looks like some ones buttocks.
Lame...
Post 701 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
I can't even imagine what you'd see. All I see is a really bad jack-o-lantern. Then again I have zero imagination and the innuendo cover would never came to mind if someone didn't bring it to my attention.

Lame...

No imagination.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got this back yesterday after many, many moons.

This Godzilla item was a gift to a friend.

The first Godzilla in an American comic. It’s a four page newsprint handout given away at the theatrical release of ‘Godzilla Vs. Megalon’.

He didn’t care what grade it got, he wanted it slabbed for display.

Post 703 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim That's cool!
Post 704 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So I went to Wicked Con in Boston, MA yesterday hoping to find a wall book or two. I ended up with quantity over quality, but filled in a bunch of holes in my ASM run. CBCS had a table there to accept submissions and witness signatures. I dropped off five books with an invoice I printed out the day before the new prices were posted, and the guy didn’t say anything about it. He attached my invoice to a new one of theirs, and wrote down the invoice # on it. I got the pink copy which does have the new prices listed on it.
I tried to makes some deals on better books, but I wasn’t offered much in trade for my slabs (I brought an ASM #100 7.0 & an X-Men #95 9.2 for trade material). Superworld Comics had an impressive wall display and had two copies of an Adventure Comics that I am hoping to upgrade. However, the asking price for both raw copies was about 4 times above FMV.
Here’s a few ASM’s that I was able to pick up. I am super busy with school work right now, so I haven’t had time to scan the rest. The #134 was my “big” book for the day. Some of these are a little rougher than I would have liked, but I figure lower grade is better than no grade at the moment.

Post 705 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some pick ups over the last month or so. I'll get the crap out of the way before the good stuff.

X-Force #1 with the negative UPC

I don't dumpster dive/dollar bin browse very often, but why not? Everything was NM- or better. I'm not proud of some of these (read: Darkhawk). The DH1 and last few issues + two copies of MCP1 were not dollar books but the rest were.

I ran out of bags and boards

Post 706 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up from on online auction. The Doctor Who is just cause I like the show and I like this particular doctor a lot.

Post 707 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a few more ASMs that I picked up yesterday. I also had two books signed. Both Klaus Janson and Larry Hama were at Wicked Con. I knew that both worked on DD 193 and 196. I thought I had both issues, but when I looked, there were two copies of 196 and no copies of 193. So I bought a copy of DD 193 at the convention, and had Mr. Janson sign it along with the copy of 196 that I brought with me (he charged $10 per sig). I then had the 196 signed by Mr. Hama (he was $10 first, $20 each one after that). I had my GI Joe #1 signed by Mr. Hama several years ago, but had never met Mr. Janson before.

Post 708 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 709 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 710 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought another copy of this. Phantom Stranger 10. Hard to find in decent shape. It may surpass the other raw I have. We shall see.

Post 711 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
On Friday I went to my LCS and saw there was a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #238 released that week ,and when I got home, there was a CGC 9.4 waiting for me that I bought a few days prior

Post 712 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve found myself increasingly annoyed this book wasn’t in my collection. So when I came across a lower mid-grade copy that still presents nicely, I decided to rectify the problem.

Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers Nice pickup! I really need to take the time to track that one down. I am also getting increasingly annoyed that I don't have it
Post 714 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah Sometimes you just gotta scratch that itch.
Post 715 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Came in today
Post 716 IP   flag post

Post 717 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Some pick ups over the last month or so. I'll get the crap out of the way before the good stuff.

Let's never forget the day @Studley_Dudley saved the world from drek...
Post 718 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Got on ebay...seemed reasonably enough priced once they accepted offer..
Post 719 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 720 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
On Friday I went to my LCS and saw there was a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #238 released that week ,and when I got home, there was a CGC 9.4 waiting for me that I bought a few days prior

Congratulations on the outstanding Hobgoblin books! I don't think you will regret that purchase
Post 721 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:

Lame...

Maybe, but I've seen covers that people claim were double entendre covers that was a total stretch.
Post 722 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
I’ve found myself increasingly annoyed this book wasn’t in my collection. So when I came across a lower mid-grade copy that still presents nicely, I decided to rectify the problem.

need me one next
Post 723 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 724 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Yay! A comic post! I have a couple new raw books I’ll take some pics of so we could be back to comics.....
Post 725 IP   flag post

Post 726 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My first and only pedigree...

Post 727 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Is that a different Avengers 184?
Post 728 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@HeinzDad Is that a different Avengers 184?
Yes
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Was sent a picture of this last June from facilitator (SR International is great) before it headed off to CBCS. Shared that raw shot that was sent to me in the original art thread.

Finally in hand and it looks spectacular. 50/50 John Stewart (Marat Mychaels)and Nekron (Adelso Corona)
Post 730 IP   flag post
601426 999 30