Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Adam Hughes Virgin exclusive limited to 1000

Post 626 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I've had the regular copy for a while, had Todd sign it in 2017. Just picked up the error edition today
Post 627 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 628 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 629 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dub13
Lady Death: Secrets #1 Budd Root Virgin Art Holofoil edition (43/69)

Bought this way back in August. It finally got to come home from CGC. Looks so damn cool. Love the background texture on the back cover. Small little designs that you don’t notice at first.

Congratulations, now I have to find one after looking at yours.
Post 630 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’d like to give a shout out to Jim at JC’s Comics and More up here in Toledo. He called me about this first book on Saturday night at 10. I watched his YouTube vid and called him back at 10:30 to leave a message and he was still there. I went in on Sunday and paid half and just squared up an hour ago.

Post 631 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Dude! Great score!
Post 632 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Shout out to @HeinzDad

He told me about his TMNT find at a LCS to him. When I asked him what condition it was in he said it was really nice. That doesn't even describe this copy.

Now my only question is what toploader and board fit this thing? I'm afraid to store it wrong and damage it.

Edit

It's 1st Print

Post 633 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
@HeinzDad Dude! Great score!
Thanks, like your HOS 92 I got, I never thought I’d own one. It’s a third print but that’s the only reason I could feasibly obtain it.
Post 634 IP   flag post
@Bronte, I bought a mag size storfolio.
Post 635 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Cool. I'll look it up. Currently I have all my magazines sitting in a box on top of each other. I figured there has to be a better way to store them.
Post 636 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
When a book sells in 15 minutes I always wonder if the consignor is happy, or if they feel like they must have listed too cheap. I was listing a bunch of books for sale at MCS and while checking to verify them in the "New Listings" sections I came across this, being listed at the same time. I'm a sucker for a Restored book at a deeply discounted price. So of course, once again, trying to sell books has led to buying a book:

Post 637 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
When a book sells in 15 minutes I always wonder if the consignor is happy, or if they feel like they must have listed too cheap. I was listing a bunch of books for sale at MCS and while checking to verify them in the "New Listings" sections I came across this, being listed at the same time. I'm a sucker for a Restored book at a deeply discounted price. So of course, once again, trying to sell books has led to buying a book:

Not necessary within 15 min but at times when a book sells on the first day I do wonder whether I listed to cheaply but on the other hand happy that it was sold
Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I always store the early Turtle books in standard magazine bags/boards/top loaders. There’s a bit of room left on one side, but they fit securely enough in the top loader that it’s not much of an issue.
Post 639 IP   flag post
@00slim

Do you have a link to top loader?
Post 640 IP   flag post
@Bronte I can’t seem to find the ones I’ve purchased in the past. I’ll see if I can find one at home this weekend and at least get the dimensions.
Post 641 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking it may have upgade potential. If not, it is still a very nice looking copy.

Post 642 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Plus, it was $65 versus the over $1200 the last 9.8 I bid on sold for in a ComicLink auction.
Post 643 IP   flag post

This is the ebay photo of the book. I forgot to take a picture if it before I packed it for pressing. I counted the pages and as I went through the book, it showed a lot more risqué pictures than I expected for a comic if this age....
Post 644 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

3 things that seemed cheap on EBay, one of the few Frazetta magazine covers I was lacking and a couple FF’s. Something about that run (Kirby) I like
Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Newest addition to my collection.

Post 646 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Great horror cover/comic, added to the collection.

Post 647 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The blue background is strangely soothing. Happy to add this one to upgrade an even lower grade copy I’ve had for years.

Post 648 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pickups. Got the #234 in an auction. Didn’t overpay for the condition it’s in but thought it was a higher grade. Ah well.

Post 649 IP   flag post
This is the second time I've sold one of these and then got it back. My 9.4 never left my possession and I reacquired it. This copy was part of a buffer package for the copy of TMNT #1 I posted. It was gone 5 days. If Constantine were real I think he would be proud of me gambling and whoring his first appearance.

Post 650 IP   flag post
Just got in from working out of town and a couple goodies were waiting for me.

Here is a beauty from the @BrianGreensnips collection. Smooth transaction as always.

I’ve wanted one of these for quite some time.

And this Sideshow piece came in as well. I love 1:1 licensed replicas. They’re some of my favorite things to collect. And this one was too reasonably priced to pass up.

Post 651 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got a present for myself.

Post 652 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 653 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Looks like a beautiful copy!
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just got in from working out of town and a couple goodies were waiting for me.

Here is a beauty from the @BrianGreensnips collection. Smooth transaction as always.

I’ve wanted one of these for quite some time.

And this Sideshow piece came in as well. I love 1:1 licensed replicas. They’re some of my favorite things to collect. And this one was too reasonably priced to pass up.

I am glad you like it and that it made it to you safely. Enjoy!
Post 655 IP   flag post
598060 999 30