Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The value for Y The Last Man tanked from over $2G to around $480 (for 9.8) after the series bombed. Still nice though
Post 501 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
The value for Y The Last Man tanked from over $2G to around $480 (for 9.8) after the series bombed. Still nice though

Had to upload the photo from my phone - just added the colour to it!!

Have the full run except this issue - got it nice and relatively cheap!
Didn't even know the series was actually made - might have to "obtain" it to watch!

This has been a long time half 'want' book - was never going to pay even $400 for it- just wanted it to fill the hole - full run complete!!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Awesome find! Couldn't get through the first episode of the tv show, which was a shame considering it's one of my favorite comic book series in the past 20 years.
Post 503 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics That was probably your copy dropped in someone else's folder that was never purchased.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@KatKomics That was probably your copy dropped in someone else's folder that was never purchased.

lol!! they should have given it to me for cover price!! - only joking - happy to have gotten it for the current price!
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Sold enough drek to buy some better drek. havent taken them out of the bag yet to see how I did, bad habit of mine.

Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
one other group. there is a 2nd hand store that has about 60 short boxes of comics by me. no bags, no boards. the owner bought a collection about 10 years ago. I spent a couple hours looking through all the well picked books, came up with these, luckily I had time to kill. Just about finished my savage she hulk run, I already had 1-12 in very high grade, these will be readers at least. $60 bucks for all. Oddly after all this time without protection the Dark Horse Presents 10 could go 9.8 The squirrel girl 9. or so.

Post 507 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Dang @doog, nice.
Post 508 IP   flag post
I try to spare this thread from my weekly readers but these were cool today.

Post 509 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

At least they didn't change his insignia on his chest on your copy yet....
Post 510 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HeinzDad

At least they didn't change his insignia on his chest on your copy yet....
I’ll refrain from opinion until I’ve read it. My crochety LCS owner said boo hoo to haters, and it’s a great book.
Post 511 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’ll refrain from opinion until I’ve read it. My crochety LCS owner said boo hoo to haters, and it’s a great book.

Make sure to let us know what you think of it. I pre-ordered the spoiler cover from MCS. It won't be here until the end of the month.

Post 512 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O, that one was there as well. I try not to buy multiples of weekly anymore but I did get the regular cover and the Ross.

Obviously the new logo isn’t as cool but if it’s incorporated into a read for a while who cares? It’ll never stay that way. How many times has wolverine died?
Post 513 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I looks like he's all set to punish those demonic goats.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Yeah, or a catoolu or whoever that squid guy is.
Post 515 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Yeah, or a catoolu or whoever that squid guy is.

Cthulhu.

Post 516 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Got the 7.5 last year, picked up the raw copy for $5 about two weeks ago, and got the 9.4 in yesterday!

Always liked Kirby, but there is a greater story here.

Last year I bought a loose #4 that reportedly came from the Winnipeg Pedigree. I picked it up cheap, then sent it off to CGC. It came back as the 9.6 Winnipeg pedigree, just as advertised. So, I have started trying to pick up other copies of the 2001 Space Odyssey series as I could. Ideally, I would love to have the whole run as a 9.6, but am happy to have the 9.4 for #8 as it is the First Machine Man and the priciest of the bunch.

Just a fun bit of working after a run.

PDG

Post 517 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@PDGray congrats on such a good deal. I paid cord up a 35 cent variant and a mark jewelers space odyssey 8
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@PDGray congrats on such a good deal. I paid cord up a 35 cent variant and a mark jewelers space odyssey 8

Excellent!! What condition were the ones you picked up?

At this point I have:

4 (9.6 Winnipeg)
6 (raw)
7 (raw, 9.6)
8 (raw, 7.5, 9.4)
9 (raw)

The movie 2001 was always one of my favorite movies. It took me a while to really grasp and understand the entirety of the thing - the first time I saw it I was probably 10 - so well above my head at that point. I have gone back and read the novel. I completed purchasing the set of novels written by Clarke, but haven't finished them yet.

I also honestly have no idea if the comics follow the novel/movie yet. I wouldn't mind getting a raw set just to read it one day. Is there a graphic novel of these? Does anyone know?

PDG
Post 519 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I found this Miss Fury hardcover book from 1979. I've seen others but it's the first time for this one. It reprints the early daily strips and was limited to 500 copies. I'm looking forward to reading the dailies but what interested me most was Miss Fury's creator Tarpe Mills' signature.

Post 521 IP   flag post
Slowly filling in my Batman and Detective runs.

Post 522 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I found a small stack of comics I hadn't scanned yet.

I have 2 copies of SDCC Comics #2 (9.8 slab & a reader- Same for Next Men #21), but I find the one-panel background "movie-poster" of Hellboy significant enough to want, though I don't consider it the first appearance.

I also have a NM-ish Starslayer #2 but wanted The Rocketeer's first [front] cover appearance.

As usual, the FFs are upgrades and gap fillers.

Batman was a 'wth'-buy.

Post 523 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Won this at auction for the cost of grading. Reprints ASM 86, first Black Widow in her now classic outfit. This will replace my reader copy as a display piece.

Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Happy Birthday!
Post 525 IP   flag post
@00slim Happy Birthday!
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips @lawguy1977 Thanks, guys. Even better, It was exactly a decade ago today that I proposed to my wife.
Post 527 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Happy bday and anniversary
Post 528 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@BrianGreensnips @lawguy1977 Thanks, guys. Even better, It was exactly a decade ago today that I proposed to my wife.
Get back to me in another 6 years slim.... Just kidding. Congrats!
Post 529 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 530 IP   flag post
600504 999 30