Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure which thread. New to collection auction win or newsstand. Organized by lot. The only one that was over 50 was the one with mockingbird. Condition on most was 5.5 to 6. Superboy 9, 1, 0 were 9.8 candidates. Several had metal punch I couldn't see when purchased. Mostly in low value ones. But several team up like mocking bird and two of the daredevils.

Superboy issues #0-34

Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Batman: The Long Halloween complete set - #1-13. Took me a little bit to find all of them in a higher grade (lowest grade is about a 6.5)

Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user

Dirk Benedict is appearing at a comic show in my area next week, and I’ve been looking for a good copy of this book around town for over a month. All the copies I found, one at a comic show and one at a LCS, were pretty long in the tooth. Then I passed a different comic store in my area and on a whim decided to see if this was there.

Lo and behold…. and pretty minty too! Where should I get him to sign this book?
Post 478 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 479 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Nearly perfect...
Post 480 IP   flag post

Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslocktx

Dirk Benedict is appearing at a comic show in my area next week, and I’ve been looking for a good copy of this book around town for over a month. All the copies I found, one at a comic show and one at a LCS, were pretty long in the tooth. Then I passed a different comic store in my area and on a whim decided to see if this was there.

Maybe under the chin.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:

Maybe under the chin.

That's exactly where I was thinking.
Obvious and apparently only choice.
Post 483 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
only comics new are amazing spider-man 73 and 76 (modern series) having 74, 75 (plus sinister war 3 and 4), x-men 1 (modern series) and a moderns star wars comic coming hopefully monday
Post 484 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:

Maybe under the chin.

That's exactly where I was thinking.
Obvious and apparently only choice.

It's the only place a black ink signature would really show.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 486 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn’t resist buying this bound collection of 14 SA Adventure Comics when I saw it (and I blame @michaelekrupp!), even though I already have unbound copies of all the issues.

Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Still sorting through a collection I bought a couple weeks ago. Here are a few modern minor keys I’ve found. Too 3 are all newsstand variants.

Post 488 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I've never owned or even seen an actual bound volume in person. So cool!
Post 489 IP   flag post

Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
What I think is my best purchase in months dollar for dollar

Post 491 IP   flag post
I don’t like posting stuff until I have it in-hand, but I’m especially stoked about this:

The press kit for “Comic Book Men” season one. It’s a comic book. I’ve had this on my saved searches on e-bay for literally years. This one is signed by Ming. I’ll see if I can eventually get the other guys to sign it, too.

Ming has said in the past that he hasn’t been able to find one of these for himself. And he was on the show!
Post 492 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim that's frickin' awesome!!!!
Post 493 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks, bro. I’m pretty stoked about this one. I’m a huge fan of the show.
Post 494 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I don’t like posting stuff until I have it in-hand, but I’m especially stoked about this:

The press kit for “Comic Book Men” season one. It’s a comic book. I’ve had this on my saved searches on e-bay for literally years. This one is signed by Ming. I’ll see if I can eventually get the other guys to sign it, too.

Ming has said in the past that he hasn’t been able to find one of these for himself. And he was on the show!

Great score @00slim I’ve been looking for one of those forever. Signed by one of the nicest dudes I’ve ever met.
Post 495 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Haunt of Horror #1 & #2. 1973 illustrated horror stories. Almost like the old golden age horror/mystery pulps.

I love these, and I love the covers.

Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Already had this book, but the Lou Ferrigno signature is new for me , this past weekend. I think this will go well with my Hulk 1 signed by Kirby ! Probably a good thing I couldnt get the Hulk 1 out of the safety deposit box for Lou to sign the first page as well. Had such short notice of the appearance it was the day before I went that I found out
Post 497 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
No offense, but I'm glad Lou didn't sign your hulk 1. That in my opinion would have detracted from value of book.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My copy would likely go a 3.0 or 3.5 on a good day. Lou writing his name on the first page alongside Kirbys would be unlikely to affect actual grade, but correct, some might feel it detracts. Others might see it as a plus ....hard to say. Best mine was locked up where I couldnt get to it and be tempted
Post 499 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Local comic shop pickup!!

Here's the story - my LCS missed pulling this for me when it was released - I have the entire run and was no biggie as they had the #1&#2 combo

My LCS has had 3 owners in the last 40/50 yrs - this was the prior owner.

Welllllll....went in today for my pull list and the owner was going through a long box and pricing stuff.
When he bought it there were/are about 600 long boxes in the basement - not organized...for years they have been slowly figuring out what they have (through 400 boxes so far?) - I've been down there - has like 50 1988 Wolverine #1's in mint - similar for 1st Rocket Raccoon in Hulk #???? - tons of stuff!! some tuff is legit dollar bin - then they say Calypso is in a movie!!

This was freshly priced not even behind the counter for 'sale' yet!!!

Seem like this is the only copy so far - the boxes are old stock and peoples pull lists that were never picked up

So can I say this copy was off the rack at my LCS??? -if it wasn't in someone's neglected pull list I would have had it at cover price - as is it was $140ish CAD -a steal..a 9.8 contender, certainly no worse than if I had actually gotten it back in the day

Post 500 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The value for Y The Last Man tanked from over $2G to around $480 (for 9.8) after the series bombed. Still nice though
Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
The value for Y The Last Man tanked from over $2G to around $480 (for 9.8) after the series bombed. Still nice though

Had to upload the photo from my phone - just added the colour to it!!

Have the full run except this issue - got it nice and relatively cheap!
Didn't even know the series was actually made - might have to "obtain" it to watch!

This has been a long time half 'want' book - was never going to pay even $400 for it- just wanted it to fill the hole - full run complete!!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Awesome find! Couldn't get through the first episode of the tv show, which was a shame considering it's one of my favorite comic book series in the past 20 years.
Post 503 IP   flag post
@KatKomics That was probably your copy dropped in someone else's folder that was never purchased.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@KatKomics That was probably your copy dropped in someone else's folder that was never purchased.

lol!! they should have given it to me for cover price!! - only joking - happy to have gotten it for the current price!
Post 505 IP   flag post
600916 999 30