Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 purchased from a person? A store going out of business? Are you a dealer? I'm always curious how people come across these.
Post 326 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan thanks
Post 327 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 in person. It was a post on Facebook for a yard sale. Older couple who's friend posted for them.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@etapi65 in person. It was a post on Facebook for a yard sale. Older couple who's friend posted for them.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the purchase. Some really nice stuff in there.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Spent the last few days periodically bagging and boarding some books I’d acquired last weekend. Still more to sort out.

And this just came in from the @poka collection today, VIA MCS.

Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Scored these two from @HeinzDad’s recent sale. I have read all of the Oz books adapted in the collection to my grandson over the last year or two, so it will be interesting to see how the adaptations stack up. The art style is very cool. I have never read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen but I did hear great things about it when it was new. Also I am a fan of the source material such as The Invisible Man, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, etc…

Thanks again @HeinzDad!
Post 331 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I asked Mike Royer to sign my purple Sandman #1 yesterday.

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
First part of the collection my LCS bought that I claimed. Saturday morning they have a $3/book sale including keys(nothing over the top, but there are quite a few 50-100 or higher value books in there. I'm planning on picking up the majority of the venom keys and some runs they purchased.

https://imgur.com/a/c05rgJr
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

picked up a small collection today, 4 short boxes, gold and silver dc, sample of some of the books. Came with 3 boxes of omnibus. Didn't realize how much these go for, paid 5-7 each. Most everything here will go up for sale, just keeping a handful of books
Were any of those world's finest numbered between 95 and 99 perhaps?
Post 334 IP   flag post
Not new to my collection but the George Perez news has me looking at it again. I took pics of about 100 slabs on a day I was wearing a red shirt...they're just for my "book keeping", but if I keep sharing them gonna need to retake.
Post 335 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town perhaps

Post 336 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Been meaning to post my pick ups since the start of the year. Most excited about the Wolverine #1. Opened it up and I’m convinced it’s never been read. Feels brand new.

Post 337 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Won this at an auction, has been on my want list for quite awhile, couldn’t find it at the right price, till now. Conan 23, first appearance of Red Sonja.

Post 338 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this fantastic four 63 on the same auction for about the cost of slabbing alone. Super cover, Pretty sweet.

Post 339 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town perhaps

..you might want to confirm but if I know my Kirby , Jack drew the Green arrow stories in those books and....wait for it...his wife inked them!
Post 340 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town pm me if your interested in them
Post 341 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some Drek yesterday

Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Bought the Beware Terror Tales from a friend and he threw in the Astonishing 4. Beat, but complete and attached. Got me some good reading this afternoon.

Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Spent the last few days periodically bagging and boarding some books I’d acquired last weekend. Still more to sort out.

And this just came in from the @poka collection today, VIA MCS.

thanks for the purchase - and congrats finally having a UF4 in the collection
Post 344 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a book off Dalkiel, a board member here on the forums.

Safely packaged and speedy delivery 👍

Post 345 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Purple cover with hints of yellow? Vibrant!!!!!!
Post 346 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad yep, it's a very vibrant cover in nice condition that'll look great on my comic book spinner rack 👍

Post 347 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad convinced me that all big ballers need to own a copy of this cool Wrightson cover:

MCS auction win:

MCS hit this one pretty hard for the double stamp I think. They call it 4.5:

Post 348 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back from CBCS (4/23/21)

Notes:
bends top spine through book

Post 349 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorites:

Post 350 IP   flag post

Post 351 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
One of my favorites:

I just rolled the dice on a raw newsstand. Thanks for the inspiration, winky.....
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
LCS had the collection they bought for 3/book today. Got in line at 715 for a 9am opening, was 2nd in line. Guy in front of me was going for xmen books so I was set. I guess they took out venom 3 7 and 9 from the cates run as they were missing, but got everything else. Always happy when I can fill gaps and buy keys for that cheap(venom vs carnage complete set for 12 bucks? Yes please!). That being said, I'll have to replace bags and boards on some but every issue besides the west coast avengers 1 is immaculate. Only defects I've seen when going over them were a couple of very minor non color breaking spine ticks.

Post 353 IP   flag post

Post 354 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to getting some of my comics graded by CBCS, I was able to sell a few of them and then purchase these two beauties

Post 355 IP   flag post
600851 999 30