Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for this Saunders cover for too long. Occasionally a cover just grabs me. Unfortunately it is extremely brittle, so it has to go in a slab.

Post 301 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Nice!! Found my Wonder Twins a while ago but it took forever to find one!!
Post 302 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got around to scanning my most recent purchases.

First group- Gap fillers and upgrades. The last three are books I have OA for.

Post 303 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I decided to get a purple cover to go with my raw and graded blue covers.

Post 304 IP   flag post
More gap fillers and an upgrade- I've wanted a Cap 241 without that butt-ugly printer-crease for some time.

Post 305 IP   flag post

More upgrades and gap fillers. More later.

Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
This one showed up today. I buy things speculating they will be in a movie one day and then never sell them anyway.

Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
This one showed up today. I buy things speculating they will be in a movie one day and then never sell them anyway

If you waited for the movie, they'd be too expensive.
Post 308 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

2 more awesome foreign editions! The Daredevil also has Silver Surfer 1 in it.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn't planning to buy this, but I have wanted a Phantom Lady issue, and I love the history of this one. Stamped US Zone, this book came out of Occupied West Germany, post-WWII. A search only turned up a few other similarly marked issues.

Post 310 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 311 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Hulk #197 and 250??? Say what?
Post 312 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Might as well be “new” to me. These are back home after a 9 1/2 month vacation in Florida. 🙄

Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Be potentially interested in the lesser copy of Marvel spotlight if there is a trade that might interest you!
Post 314 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I appreciate the offer. However, I’m hanging onto those for now. The 6.5 was my brother’s copy I got graded for him. I actually ended up buying it from him. 😆

Of these, the two Gambit books and New Mutants 87 are available for sale.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
oh no worries, but yeah I am a spidey girl type myself, thanks
Post 316 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
bought this today.

Post 317 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Nice!! Found my Wonder Twins a while ago but it took forever to find one!!

Thanks! Yeah, there's not too many laying around.
Post 318 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thought this cover was pretty cool. Here's that it has spiked considerably from when I bought it

Post 319 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I scratched three more off my ASM list today.

Some cheap spec books:

And a Dave Stevens cover.

Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I won this UK Terrific #27 from my friend over at HotKeyComics. This one is from 1967 and has TOS # 52 with the first appearance of Nathan Garrett as Black Knight. Check out his WhatNot auctions every Tuesday evenings.
Post 321 IP   flag post

Post 322 IP   flag post

Post 323 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up a small collection today, 4 short boxes, gold and silver dc, sample of some of the books. Came with 3 boxes of omnibus. Didn't realize how much these go for, paid 5-7 each. Most everything here will go up for sale, just keeping a handful of books
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Awesome find!
Post 325 IP   flag post
@Batman66 purchased from a person? A store going out of business? Are you a dealer? I'm always curious how people come across these.
Post 326 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan thanks
Post 327 IP   flag post
@etapi65 in person. It was a post on Facebook for a yard sale. Older couple who's friend posted for them.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@etapi65 in person. It was a post on Facebook for a yard sale. Older couple who's friend posted for them.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the purchase. Some really nice stuff in there.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Spent the last few days periodically bagging and boarding some books I’d acquired last weekend. Still more to sort out.

And this just came in from the @poka collection today, VIA MCS.

Post 330 IP   flag post
601325 999 30