Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

been on my list for a while, they don't come up often and when they do it's always way overpriced. First appearance of V for Vendetta and first marvel man who becomes miracleman. Nice double key
Post 251 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

The X-Men were still pretty good at this point, after #175 I was pretty much over it!

My current run stops at 175.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - Josh,bon anniversaire!
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Very unlikely these will ever catch on but cheap, very cheap. Goes in the box after I read.

Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Very unlikely these will ever catch on but cheap, very cheap. Goes in the box after I read.

They rocketed when first released. Then crashed because of the way the company was being run. Sold a few early on for a small profit to essentially keep the ones I wanted most for free.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Was given these for free by my lcs.
Never read flaming carrot before.
My lcs still going thru a collection of 100 long boxes he picked up a week ago.

Check out these outrageous piles of same issues.

Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to spring for a 9.8 copy. Couldn’t pass up the deal.

Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
I love me some Spider-Gwen!
Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
And some ASM 300 action!
Post 259 IP   flag post
Put in what I thought was a very low bid at heritage thinking there was no way I would win at that price....
Post 260 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31 There’s a Mondo figurine/statue based on this art, by the way. Super cool.
Post 261 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this on eBay. Picked this up to fill the gap X-Men 95 and 97. Now I have a mini run from 94-101 with no gaps.

Post 262 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up my first bound volumes of the year including this super clean set from September 1962. 1962 was a year of major expansion for Harvey, as evidenced by all the issues in this volume numbered 1,2 or 3. This set also contains Richie Rich 12, a hard book in any grade and nearly non-existent in higher grades, as most early Richies are.

Post 263 IP   flag post
An impulse buy. Not in-hand, yet.

Post 264 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp I am unfamiliar with bound books. I know what they are superficially (comics put together in hard cover) but not really beyond that. Can you post a picture(s) of the front hardcover? Are the comics in the bound books in chronological order of release or by title? Are the comics trimmed? Do you get them bound yourself or buy them already bound? Lots of questions, sorry about that. 🍻
Post 265 IP   flag post
@GAC No problem brother! Glad to see people taking an interest in an overlooked and underrated segment of the hobby. I can post pictures of the hardcovers in the near future (working now). You can see many volumes in my profile pics, spines only unfortunately. Many BVs are privately bound by collectors, but the ones I collect were bound by the publisher for office use or for the private libraries of the owners. I prefer these because they always use uncirculated file copies, whereas collectors who bind their own comics often bind used comics. Bound volumes are pretty much always trimmed as part of the bindery process. In the case of the set I just posted, it was a monthly set, collecting all the comics published by Harvey during that particular month. Comics are also bound by title. For example I have consecutive bound volumes of Richie Rich covering the years 1964-1969 in bound in chronological order.
Post 266 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Appreciate the response!! Very cool on yours being uncirculated file copies! Those are special for sure. The pictures in your profile are very cool indeed. I can't tell if they're leather bound but they certainly look that way...either way, they do look classy and sophisticated. You have a very cool and extensive bound collection, love the Conan bound books! They really do look cool! Thanks for sharing!
Post 267 IP   flag post
Picked this up.

Post 268 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp @GAC
I've seen a few bound volumes on auction sites over the years -some day I'll do it!!

From what I've seen the variations are al over the place - these are all custom things so really you could get runs of books or just months by publisher - what ever the person wanted.

The older volumes look very much like you would find them in a library but the modern ones can have much more flare - custom graphics and spines etc. etc. - guess it all depends on your buget! they almost look like official releases!
Post 269 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@michaelekrupp @GAC
I've seen a few bound volumes on auction sites over the years -some day I'll do it!!

From what I've seen the variations are al over the place - these are all custom things so really you could get runs of books or just months by publisher - what ever the person wanted.

The older volumes look very much like you would find them in a library but the modern ones can have much more flare - custom graphics and spines etc. etc. - guess it all depends on your buget! they almost look like official releases!

Yes, some look like old leather bound encyclopedia-like books and newer ones look like officially released hard cover comics.
Post 270 IP   flag post
@GAC I LOVE leather bound books! I would own a great deal more if they weren’t so darn expensive. All of the bound comic sets I have are traditional cloth binding. No publisher would splurge for that! I have seen a privately bound leather volume here or there. There was a gorgeous leather bound 1950s Little Lulu set that I saw on EBay once. It is one of those situations where I wished I would have bid a little more on it. I just wasn’t sure about the condition of the comics inside, which had definitely been handled and looked to average around fine condition. Unfortunately I will never see another one like it. The only privately bound comic book volume I own is a magnificent Hot Stuff Sizzlers volume collecting issues 1-4. These were never collected by Harvey except within the monthly sets (individual titles of that time period were only collected for and at the request of the Harvey Brothers themselves). This gorgeous set has awesome gilt stamping on the front cover (shown here):

Having some of my own comics custom bound is definitely something that I would like to do someday. As @KatKomics pointed out, the options are nearly endless nowadays!
Post 271 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Few books from a local shop
Post 272 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I picked these up from Hot_Key_Comics on his Whatnot auction. He has some great foreign editions for sale every Tuesday night. Next one is Tuesday at 9pm.
Post 273 IP   flag post
Still buying a local guy’s collection before he moves. He said it’ll be Dark Horse Star Wars & ASM books he’s bringing over today. I’m intrigued but not holding me breath for big books. We’ll see.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Stumbled across this one eBay. Pacific Coast goodness. No mention of the pedigree in the description or the title. I just happened to notice the sticker in the first photograph.

Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Picked up my first bound volumes of the year including this super clean set from September 1962. 1962 was a year of major expansion for Harvey, as evidenced by all the issues in this volume numbered 1,2 or 3. This set also contains Richie Rich 12, a hard book in any grade and nearly non-existent in higher grades, as most early Richies are.
[/img]

I didn't have a picture when I first came across the mention of bound volumes. Bought these at auction in 2020 (I think...may have been 2021. I know he passed in 2020). Really wanted the GL bound volumes, but they were extremely pricey.

Post 276 IP   flag post
Trying to make good on my New Years resolution. Here’s a few more Spider-Gwen issue one variants. Still need the recalled comic kings variant though.

Post 277 IP   flag post
@bige31 How many are there?
Post 278 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently super rare books. 500 copies printed. 100 were water damaged. So only 400 viable copies exist.

Post 279 IP   flag post
@DrWatson looks like by my count is 30. Most of them have a sketch variant which just adds to the list.
Post 280 IP   flag post
601347 999 30