Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1316374

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This just swung my way:

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson beauty!! I love that book!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Me, too. I used to watch the show covered up in a blanket on the foot of the bed every Saturday morning. One of the first things I ever record with the VCR was the X-Men episode where they faced off against Cyberiad. I later discovered that Cyberiad was a direct rip off of Tharok from DC's Fatal Five.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson I too used to love that series as a kid.

there was also a reprint later with a different cover!

Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson how many cheesecakes did that cost you?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@flanders I owe my ass to Philadelphia.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Me, too. I used to watch the show covered up in a blanket on the foot of the bed every Saturday morning. One of the first things I ever record with the VCR was the X-Men episode where they faced off against Cyberiad. I later discovered that Cyberiad was a direct rip off of Tharok from DC's Fatal Five.

Yup, I've got similar memories. Right after the Spidey show was the Hulk...both seemed to come right out the books. Seven Little Superheroes was my favorite episode. I remember flipping out seeing Submariner and Dr. Strange on the TV....great times!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
recent DC comic acquisition! 30+ books total, 1 with dual sigs!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
recent DC comic acquisition! 30+ books total, 1 with dual sigs!

Between those supergirls and those adventures you nailed down quite a bit of the early Zatanna story arcs...starting at about issue 414 of Adventure to aboout 419...awesome
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Yup, I've got similar memories. Right after the Spidey show was the Hulk...both seemed to come right out the books. Seven Little Superheroes was my favorite episode. I remember flipping out seeing Submariner and Dr. Strange on the TV....great times!

I loved that episode as well. Namor in alcohol. Fitting for the smarmy bastard.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town yes! The oppertunity, condition of books and price was right. I couldn't pass up having zatanna and supergirl in my collection!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Those are great investments Starlord, the early adventure tells the story Zatanna the Magician, which was subsequently used in Dc Superstars 11, her first solo book . She also has a backup story in that Supergirl 1 book as well. Great purchase!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I loved that episode as well. Namor in alcohol. Fitting for the smarmy bastard.

Ha! Exactly! The seven were Spidey, Ice Man, Firestar, Sub-mariner, Dr. Strange, Cap and Shanna. Chameleon was the villain and he rhymed when counting down after he eliminated one hero after another. Awesome!
Post 13 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Shouldn't the Snowman's arms be outstretched if they are having a tug of war over him? Are they so weak that his arms remain hanging limply by his side, or is he so much stronger?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Black Panther vs. Red Klansman!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I think there are 4 Panther covers with this theme.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up for less than it would cost to slab it. I now have 1, 3 and 4, just #2 to finish the series.

Post 20 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

these came in the mail yesterday, really enjoy Allen bellman's art and a Stan sig and label too boot
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gridwalker private msg quote post Address this user
This just arrived at the front door.

I have often read from @DrWatson or @HulkSmash (to name a few) that eye appeal was important.
Well, I heeded that advice and made multiple checks of available copies.
This one was, hands down, the best looking 9.8 at MCS or on eBay.
Even when it said 9.8 on the grade, some books were much less good looking than this copy.

Thanks again to @Scifinator for such a nice addition to my collection.

For reference to the Canadian forum members, it took 10 days to reach Montreal from MCS.

Post 22 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
First time buying on mecari. The women of marvel had food debris all over it. The book was nowhere near the stated condition. I think I am better off on ebay.

Post 23 IP   flag post
That first Women of Marvel book is tricky to find in nicer grades sadly, but you will find one!
Post 24 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

I'll keep looking. But your right raw ones are impossible to find.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Got a nice GI Joe for the auto, and filled a hole in my Marvel Joe run.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

[img]

Love the Allen Bellman art!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
bought this today.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Only owned 1 issue before this...these are contraband in Canada! found them in a bin at a flea marked $15 for all 3!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Mega non key direct variant with scribbles.

Post 30 IP   flag post
598063 999 30