Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
to be fair...most days I'm not sure what day it is so it's unlikely I'd remember the process to join the forum!!

Really only know today is Wednesday because I went to the comic shop for new books!!
What did you get? It was a sparse week for me. The 2 covers of Swampy 10, Crossover 10, and NYX 2.
I got 4 of swampthing
Have you read it yet? I'm glad it got extended 6 issues but I wish it could be on going.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
So..you’re explanation is that they are “swamped”? Then why can’t I pull my books out of the line then? It will only help with TAT right? They legitimately make money from my “interest-free Loan” Regardless CBCS makes money from my money and books. Why is there a “No Refund” policy? The other Companies offer it. Strange?!?
Post 102 IP   flag post
The funny thing that we should all acknowledge is that the longer they hold onto a book that has potential, the more they can charge you commission in the end!!
Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You are misinformed

Per CGC website...

Orders cannot be changed or cancelled once they have been delivered to our facility.

See screenshot

Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand being frustrated, but making stuff up is not productive. It's like you are trolling to get yourself banned. If that is your goal, please feel free to spread more misinformation.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Funny. I’ve actually done it before. I guess that just speaks to the difference in customer service. I love you CBCS Fanboys though. Can you not adjust? Customers are getting abused. It should be addressed. It’s basic business.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Whoah. Sorry if I offended..I’ll bet you a ban from this forum that what I said is truthful. Lol. I respect your loyalty though.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I use both services from CGC and CBCS. I believe in facts. I don't make stuff up because I'm upset.

Cgc has my books so long they are about to drop off the list on the website because nothing has happened to them (8 months is the drop off)

I had over 75 books pre-screened and 2/3 are complete while the remaining are still waiting 2 months after its same order is back in my home graded. If you think CBCS is only place with issues, you are WRONG.
Post 108 IP   flag post
@Josh7945
Look at the screen shot I posted. You are wrong. How can a picture of their website be disputed? So yeah, try telling me you are based on facts again.

Edit

I can understand and sympathize being frustrated. I'm personally not offended, but if I was a moderator, I'd take you up on the ban. You offer nothing to the table but half truths and anger. And I have been called out before by at least one member of this forum for not being a CBCS loyalist. So you can call me what you want.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Sorry for the confusion..
I Never said that CBCS was the only one with issues. Although CGC is improving their TAT times. Their customer service is better as well (I am a member for both) I can actually get my signatures verified through Beckett directly, JSC, ETC…. It’s probably all food in the end. As long as history is recorded.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Josh7945
Look at the screen shot I posted. You are wrong. How can a picture of their website be disputed? So yeah, try telling me you are based on facts again.

Edit

I can understand and sympathize being frustrated. I'm personally not offended, but if I was a moderator, I'd take you up on the ban. You offer nothing to the table but half truths and anger. And I have been called out before by at least one member of this forum for not being a CBCS loyalist. So you can call me what you want.

As long as I get my overdue books before the ban. Lol. I think that seems reasonable, yeah?
Post 111 IP   flag post
The bottom line is that there is no communication. Books and money are left in limbo fir months..maybe years?? Who know they keep changing it. That entire open ended service is kind of illegal. You can’t keep changing a maturity date.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 I don't think your request to get your books back is unreasonable under the circumstances. Given that expected TAT's were never a commitment I think you should expect to pay shipping both ways. But those expected TAT's were so far off that I think you are justified in asking for the books to be returned if nothing has been done to add value to them at this point (pressing or grading I mean) I assume it's enough of a logistical hardship that they would not want submissions from you in the future. I personally think they should do it but I think it's a private matter between you, CBCS and your credit card company. Not really a forum issue.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Oh. I’m fine with that. I’d pay shipping both ways to get my books back at this point and have no intentions to submit to this company again. Honestly, I should have done my research beforehand. I just want a refund and my property back, but customer service is unrecognizable. Lol. This is my best shot.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Not sure if CBCS has it posted anywhere, but CGC made their stance on returning books clear.

CGC is not able to accommodate requests to pull and return unfinished submissions because this would divert critical resources from completing submissions as quickly as possible. In addition, since turnaround times are explicitly not guaranteed and significant work is performed prior to grading, CGC is not able to give refunds due to any delays. Rest assured that your submission is in the queue for the graders and will be completed in the order in which it is received within its grading tier.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8966/
Post 115 IP   flag post
Thanks. I’ve actually done it before through CGC Their customer service was agreeable. I’m sure PGX would do it as well. That being said, why doesn’t CBCS do it? It seems like an industry standard.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Now I’m wondering how many people got charged more because of the amount of time that their book was in the possession of CBCS and their book appreciated in price. That’s totally illegal.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
Now I’m wondering how many people got charged more because of the amount of time that their book was in the possession of CBCS and their book appreciated in price. That’s totally illegal.

Don't know, hasn't happened to me, haven't heard of anyone complaining about it. I've always been charged for the tier I submitted at. There were some cases where I under-valued, but nothing terribly egregious. But I usually submit in quantities of 20-25, I suspect any "tier inflation" would be more likely to be for people who just submit one or two books at a time. For all we know CBCS is using the Fair Market Value at the time the book was submitted. I have no reason to assume otherwise.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Yeah. I don’t know. The constant changing of TAT doesn’t look good. It’d be interesting to look into. It could be a class action law suit honestly.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yeah. I don’t know. The constant changing of TAT doesn’t look good. It’d be interesting to look into. It could be a class action law suit honestly.

It's going to be a rough couple of years getting acclimated to the new world that we find ourselves in. We're either going to increase our capacity for patience and grace or we're going to get increasingly bitter. The toughest part will be showing patience and grace towards those who are becoming increasingly bitter.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Hmm. Interesting point of view. You think individuals should get acclimated to companies instead of them adjusting to customers. I guess that’s one way to look at the future. I prefer to think that things will get more efficient and reliable, but to each their own I guess.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
You think individuals should get acclimated to companies instead of them adjusting to customers. I guess that’s one way to look at the future.

I didn't say that. Companies are getting acclimated to the new world as well and many of them are making multiple errors in the process, particularly the smaller ones.
Quote:
I prefer to think that things will get more efficient and reliable

I don't disagree, but the process is going to be a bumpy ride for both businesses and consumers.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Bottom line is that CBCS is stuck in the past and despite all of the interest free loans from their customers, they refuse to invest in process improvement or customer service. It says a lot about where things are going in the future. I’m just trying to bail before the company crashes honestly.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Bottom line is that CBCS is stuck in the past and despite all of the interest free loans from their customers, they refuse to invest in process improvement or customer service. It says a lot about where things are going in the future. I’m just trying to bail before the company crashes honestly.

Two things...first, stop with the interest free loan" stuff. You're making it a big deal when there are literally tens of thousands of companies that take money up front and deliver service many months, sometimes years, down the road. You/we are paying for a service that we know upfront will take a few to several months. It would be one thing if they offered a "guaranteed" turn around time, and a short one at that, I may be inclined to agree with you, but again, we all know that there's a wait period. Because of your insistence on the term "interest free loans" I looked to see when my check was cashed (yup, I paid by check because I screwed up my submission somewhere and thinking I had to write my CC info down on the submission, that's on me). Low and behold, after the months it's been since I submitted (end of August), my check was finally cashed...last week. So did I just give CBCS a 3+ month long interest free loan? Nope. Signature verification, pressing, and grading are what I am having done. So I'm looking at probably end of May or beginning of June to get my single book back? Okay cool. I knew that in advance so still not an interest free loan. When it comes down to it, "loan" means you're getting your money back. You, I, and we've all paid for service in advance. Big difference.

Second, CGCS isn't going anywhere. They're owned by Beckett and they continue to do well. The company isn't going to crash, there's no proof of it. Since I brought up Beckett, the CBCS division should have taken a page from what they did earlier this year and started to limit submissions (CGC should have done the same) to catch up on the backlog.

Before you go calling me a CBCS fanboy, this is my first submission to them (as I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread, in which I also made reference to "the other guy" and how long their turnaround time is as well as their policy) and I'm interested in how the process compares. So much so, that I submitted a book for pressing and grading to "the other guy" at the same time for craps and giggles. I'm expecting that book probably sometime next August based on information provided on their website. Anyway, I have zero loyalty to either company since I've just recently gotten into grading.

It seems that everyone is aware that both companies take a long time to complete their services. It's a known quantity and ultimately, it's not a surprise. Choose your words more carefully and stop spreading the false narrative of "interest free loans". There's no conspiracy, no hanging chad, nor voter fraud. It's simply a lot of submissions and not enough trained people to handle those submissions. Maybe they will halt accepting new submissions for a bit to catch up, but they're not going under anytime soon.

Good luck with your books.
Post 124 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 CBCS is not going anywhere.....
Post 125 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's very easy to "bail"....just do it or sing a different song. You wouldn't last a day with these posts on the other guys forum so that also says alot about CBCS.

If I was moderator you'd have been gone a while ago.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector DVSCHO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

It's very easy to "bail"....just do it or sing a different song. You wouldn't last a day with these posts on the other guys forum so that also says alot about CBCS.

So a forum is not a place to express opinions? Wow I guess I’ve been misinformed for ages. He’s not the problem, it’s all you old heads who cannot change with times. Your comment clearly states “man I don’t like what you’re saying, you’re whining and it hurts my feelings, if I was in charge you’d be gone bud”. I’d say you’re most likely mid to late 40’s + which clearly shows. I’m happy to get banned because this forum has done nothing about giving fair information.
Post 127 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSCHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

So a forum is not a place to express opinions? Wow I guess I’ve been misinformed for ages. He’s not the problem, it’s all you old heads who cannot change with times. Your comment clearly states “man I don’t like what you’re saying, you’re whining and it hurts my feelings, if I was in charge you’d be gone bud”. I’d say you’re most likely mid to late 40’s + which clearly shows. I’m happy to get banned because this forum has done nothing about giving fair information.

Big difference between expressing opinions on a forum and using it to continually spout disparaging remarks. That should be obvious.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
6 months 2 comics modern no info 2 contacts still nada, nothing, zero, buckus , zilch nor a boo! The true believers on this board I commend you. You all may have had great experience s pre Pandemic,but I see a lot of people who are first timers (me) and this is not good!Most of you homer it up for CBCS and say it's OK tats are a bit off.Bernie Madoff said it's OK Worldcom said it's OK. I am not happy as I'm sure regardless of first timers or more advanced dealers who have many books they want back,just as much as me.In my opinion CBCS needs to really comment to contact it's customers and their surrogates at cons of what the "TAT" may be. Kirk out!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Man private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock
@spaulus
Is anybody at this company willing to take 2 minutes to help me ?! I have been quietly patient but after 4 months- even 2 minutes worth of help would be appreciated.

I submitted 3 orders to CBCS Canada in Oakville for a total of 49 books.

The order numbers are: 21-2B7D3A0, 21-2DD4EF9 and 21-34AC83D.

The first was sent August 4th, the second was sent August 16th and the third sent September 19th. All 3 orders are still just showing as "submitted." I have clicked on the invoices and there is no change on them as well.

There has not been a single update or e-mail. One of them was even "Fastpass." CBCS has not even acknowledged to me that they have my books.

Are my books still in Oakville or are they in Florida now ?!

Can you please give me an update as I am really starting to wonder. As I said, I have not bothered CBCS and have been extremely patient recognizing that you are busy. That said, after more than four months I would appreciate even a minimal update.

Thank-you for your time.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600644 1000 30