Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
I think the reality is that if you want to get your books graded in a more timely manner, then you just need to pay more for the higher tiers and/or expedited processing. This applies to both CBCS and CGC. If you decide to jump on the slow boat, then be prepared for a looooooooong ride. Yes, they should probably both be very explicit about this during the submissions process, but the reality is that both of these companies are totally swamped by massive amounts of submissions. Until they can clear their backlogs, if ever, they are going to prioritize the books that they are making more money off. You can't really deny this makes good business sense. If your books aren't worth the extra grading costs, then the reality is that they may not be worth grading -- at least at this time. Or, if you really want them graded as cheaply as possible, then be prepared to wait.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
If your books aren't worth the extra grading costs, then the reality is that they may not be worth grading -- at least at this time

This is where I am. And it will be interesting to see what happens when more and more people reach this point. Maybe slabbing will go back to more of what it was originally. Maybe it will be a way of clarifying value rather than creating it.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the TAT to get a signed book slabbed and verified? That appeals to me.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
123 weeks
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945

You're joking, correct?
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945

It says it right here:

@EbayMafia I think the younger generation has been pampered and needs to have their hand held through everything instead of being independent.
Post 81 IP   flag post
@flanders I just figured it's a joke because of the conversation last night about wanting CBCS to cancel an order and send back the overdue submissions. And I was specifically pointing to Signature Verification as a service one might want access to in the future and a reason not to burn bridges with CBCS.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I was talking about without being graded. Yeah. I am definitely done with CBCS. I am an engineer and problem solver, however. Just trying to gather the facts. Just the facts.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945

No one knows what the TAT is and anyone that says they do isn't being honest. It may say 25 weeks on the main page but it said 16 when I subbed mine and they're at 25 weeks and 4 days now.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
CGC's TATs are great though yes??

My Sketch opportunity through CGC was placed mid May - no need to open a package or press or grade anything - just a sketch with an artist who presumably knew they were part of the sketch opportunity - May.....just asked CGC what the status was...."still processing. Thank you, in-advance, for your patience and understanding."
Post 85 IP   flag post
@KatKomics

So you're saying they respond to emails? Sounds like a plus to me.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector JDang private msg quote post Address this user
My TAT was 22 weeks. Getting it back on Sunday. Took 9 weeks. No pressing or anything. Just a signature verification.
Post 87 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I made the mistake of including my one CBCS Quickstream submission in an order also containing Consumer submissions. Sadly, this means I don't have a good time comparison of the CBCS Quickstream and the CGC Standard services. Otherwise presented without comment.

Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty
@Scifinator

Correct. He told a person with a pressing sub that pressing was the delay. He also told a person with a labels and then a grading question that those were also experiencing delays.

How that's out of context or why you think snarky comments are helpful is beyond me. I feel like a lot of these threads and some of the hostility in them would end a lot quicker if the forum vets didn't feel the need to add passive aggressive or condescending comments which just encourages an increasingly defensive/negative discourse. Why make this an even less pleasant experience for people when you could say nothing and just let the threads run their course?
I took it the way you called it, but I've learned to just keep my mouth shut. Oops, looks like I opened it. In coming.......
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty
@Josh7945

No one knows what the TAT is and anyone that says they do isn't being honest. It may say 25 weeks on the main page but it said 16 when I subbed mine and they're at 25 weeks and 4 days now.
100 percent correct
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
I am @ 6 months 2 books No email invoice shows processing submitted CC charged someone named Darryl asked for my invoice number 5 days ago in a thread,guess what I have heard nothing!!! Shocking right? SMH they at least could have sent a widow after this they may?
Post 91 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
May 17th "Order Date" on my Dashboard
4 Moderns
No press
VSP
Standard Grading

Soooo: May 17th --> Shipping 12/10/21
30 weeks

If I use the "current" TAT (not the TAT that was in existence when books were submitted), then my shipment was 3 weeks off. (25 weeks + 2 weeks VSP).
If I use the TAT that was prevalent at the time (16 weeks + 2 weeks VSP), then my shipment was 12 weeks off.
Post 92 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Comjon Please DM me and I will try and help you.
BTW...Welcome to the forum!
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector turnaround private msg quote post Address this user
@nuffsaid111 , consider yourself lucky. Sent 10 modern comics with 1 VSP with NO pressing. USPS tracking indicated comics were received on May 25. After a few emails, I was updated in late June that it was received by CBCS and that I would not loose my place in line. Fast track to now, still no grade and stuck at labels.It seems I lost my place in line now. I would be happy to get my comics back or at least get any info on grading. Sigh...
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comjon
I am @ 6 months 2 books No email invoice shows processing submitted CC charged someone named Darryl asked for my invoice number 5 days ago in a thread,guess what I have heard nothing!!! Shocking right? SMH they at least could have sent a widow after this they may?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@Comjon Please DM me and I will try and help you.
BTW...Welcome to the forum!

Trying to figure out what is special or different about this situation from my own or others situation. If squeaky wheels are going the get greased...it's gonna get real squeaky around here.
Post 95 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Don't worry. The last person I saw he got involved with to help came back to the forums and said the employee he was put in contact with never responded to his email.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
U.S.A.- squeaky wheel gets greased
Jason - nail that sticks out gets hammered !

CBCS - silence is golden….
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
My issue is payment has been completed. Is it.like that for everyone? Have all books that have been submitted been charged and one has not received their items?
Post 98 IP   flag post
@Comjon

Yes. Unless it's a prescreen, you pay when they enter them into the system. It's like this for all grading companies. That's why people refer to it as a free loan for the grading company if you're billed and then don't get the comics until 6 months later.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
to be fair...most days I'm not sure what day it is so it's unlikely I'd remember the process to join the forum!!

Really only know today is Wednesday because I went to the comic shop for new books!!
What did you get? It was a sparse week for me. The 2 covers of Swampy 10, Crossover 10, and NYX 2.
I got 4 of swampthing
Post 100 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
to be fair...most days I'm not sure what day it is so it's unlikely I'd remember the process to join the forum!!

Really only know today is Wednesday because I went to the comic shop for new books!!
What did you get? It was a sparse week for me. The 2 covers of Swampy 10, Crossover 10, and NYX 2.
I got 4 of swampthing
Have you read it yet? I'm glad it got extended 6 issues but I wish it could be on going.
Post 101 IP   flag post
So..you’re explanation is that they are “swamped”? Then why can’t I pull my books out of the line then? It will only help with TAT right? They legitimately make money from my “interest-free Loan” Regardless CBCS makes money from my money and books. Why is there a “No Refund” policy? The other Companies offer it. Strange?!?
Post 102 IP   flag post
The funny thing that we should all acknowledge is that the longer they hold onto a book that has potential, the more they can charge you commission in the end!!
Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You are misinformed

Per CGC website...

Orders cannot be changed or cancelled once they have been delivered to our facility.

See screenshot

Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand being frustrated, but making stuff up is not productive. It's like you are trolling to get yourself banned. If that is your goal, please feel free to spread more misinformation.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601466 1000 30