Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte thanks man, always comming in clutch.
Post 876 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 877 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
at least 12, no, 42 people

ah yes..42!! the answer to life the universe and everything!!
Post 878 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Scifinator yeah...but it's stuff like this that gets me worried - not so much the year long wait on the books but how 1 can get ahead of the others when they were all in labels - I trust the other 2 orders aren't sitting in a pile in a corner forgotten....I hope

The only way to solve a mystery of this magnitude, would be for them to pull at least 12, no, 42 people away from the labels and shipping departments to perform a full on CSI Miami level investigation. I’d much rather they spent the time getting my books out the door. Trust they’re in good hands and uh, stop complaining, jeeeze!

not complaining too much...just surprised is all - I did mention that I trust the other orders that were in labels first will eventually make their way out.....
Post 879 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@ComicNinja0215

Drek is worthless junk. Sometimes people say it in jest though

Oh no, I'm very serious. I'm thinking around August, You'll see...
Post 880 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
4 books, as soon as I shipped them I'm like why did I do that?
Post 881 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics 👍👍👍👍thanks brother !
Post 882 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics my books were in Labels for a long time....I'm sure all your subs are in order and you just haven't received the update.
Post 883 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics my books were in Labels for a long time....I'm sure all your subs are in order and you just haven't received the update.

yeah..probably putting all the orders together to send back at once??

What I really want is the March order to go to MCS - thats $$$ for better books!!

The other orders are nice and all...but I'm likely to keep all those for my PC - so they can take as long as they like to get home
Post 884 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse

Don't feel too bad. I've done that many times.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to receive an email that a submission shipped out to me today. It was fourteen books grading only, no fast pass. Dropped off at Summer-Con on 6/18/21, shipped from CBCS to me on 3/1/22. I told myself I would avoid the dashboard but my willpower is low today so I looked. All 9.8 except one book which got a 9.2 but it's alright as I should have checked it first more carefully. One order invoice down, six more to go.
Post 886 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Nice to receive an email that a submission shipped out to me today. It was fourteen books grading only, no fast pass. Dropped off at Summer-Con on June 18, 2021, shipped from CBCS to me on 3/1/22. I told myself I would avoid the dashboard but my willpower is low today so I looked. All 9.8 except one book which got a 9.2 but it's alright as I should have checked it first more carefully. One order invoice down, six more to go.

Congrats. Post pics when you get them back.
Post 887 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sooo....what's up with this???!!!
March and April have been in labels forever and May jumps ahead of them??

Now March was for MCS to pickup in Dallas - does that somehow take longer??
April was return to me through Canada Post and May is supposedly for me to pickup in person in Oakville (if that is actually really an option anymore????)

Possibly..I know @Scifinator stated he recently got back an order that was delivered the same day as mine, July 6th, but my order for pickup from MCS as well is still showing as Labels and has been out of grading since late November/Early December.
Post 888 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek Thanks, it's nothing spectacular on this order, when the Image Comics series "Paper Girls" was announced in 2015 I ordered quite heavy on it, just had a feeling about that book. I bagged them all and basically put them away, and then of course the show was announced so demand has risen considerably. The majority of them are already graded, this order/invoice was for ten copies (all 9.8 except the one copy) and then I had sent in my set of Marvels #1-4 direct market versions. Back in the 90's I had Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross sign the outer covers so I decided to send them in under the VSP. I knew they would pass, was pleased to see them all get a 9.8's too. I am sure your order from Summer Con is shipping out this week if it hasn't already.
Post 889 IP   flag post
@flanders and the likely difference in the other two coming back to Canada is they will hold enought orders to fill a tote or two...or better yet..a few gaylords...then send them up to Oakville all at once...that's the hope!! that April and May come back the same time..will be interesting though with one a physical pickup and the other through mail once it get here in a gaylord.
Post 890 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What I really want is the March order to go to MCS - thats $$$ for better books!!

@katkomics I hope that order was pressed first. It wouldn't make much sense if a grade only order was taking that long. If it's grade only you should make some phone calls because clearly there is some sort of error.
Post 891 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Sooo....what's up with this???!!!
March and April have been in labels forever and May jumps ahead of them??

Now March was for MCS to pickup in Dallas - does that somehow take longer??
April was return to me through Canada Post and May is supposedly for me to pickup in person in Oakville (if that is actually really an option anymore????)

Possibly..I know @Scifinator stated he recently got back an order that was delivered the same day as mine, July 6th, but my order for pickup from MCS as well is still showing as Labels and has been out of grading since late November/Early December.
@flanders & @KatKomics - Not sure if i pointed this out, but I had 2 grade only submissions that were delivered on 7/6 and coincidentally, the one that was to be shipped back to me is the one that is first out, the 2nd that is for MCS pick up is still in labels.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

@katkomics I hope that order was pressed first. It wouldn't make much sense if a grade only order was taking that long. If it's grade only you should make some phone calls because clearly there is some sort of error.

oh no...just about everything gets a press or press screen if it goes in a slab - very rare that I don't now that I know pressing is a thing!
Post 893 IP   flag post
@Scifinator @KatKomics maybe they anticipate since none of us live in Texas and all of our orders are pick up that MCS will pick them up in one trip and are waiting to lump as many MCS orders together as possible.
Post 894 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
@Bobashek Thanks, it's nothing spectacular on this order, when the Image Comics series "Paper Girls" was announced in 2015 I ordered quite heavy on it, just had a feeling about that book. I bagged them all and basically put them away, and then of course the show was announced so demand has risen considerably. The majority of them are already graded, this order/invoice was for ten copies (all 9.8 except the one copy) and then I had sent in my set of Marvels #1-4 direct market versions. Back in the 90's I had Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross sign the outer covers so I decided to send them in under the VSP. I knew they would pass, was pleased to see them all get a 9.8's too. I am sure your order from Summer Con is shipping out this week if it hasn't already.

I got my non-pressed order back a couple of weeks ago. I posted pics in a different thread. Now I'm just waiting on the pressed and slabbed order. Based on current TAT, I think it will be June-Aug before I get those back.
Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector Makkari private msg quote post Address this user
Please help!

I know this probably has been said thousands of times before but I'm starting to get worry, I've sent 5 books August 2021 and still showing the status on Billing, can you guys provide me with a direct number to call or a way to reach out, this doesn't feel normal
Post 896 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know if this helps anyone but I received my books back last week, these were from May 10 2021 submission all were pressed then graded.
This may give people some sort of time frame 🤷‍♂️.
I was happy with the results as always but I have to say the wait was long, and it will be a while before I submit anymore for a while.
Post 897 IP   flag post
Did you had any kind of status changes while you were waiting? mine says billing from the last 4 months
Post 898 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
@Makkari
Yes but not initially for a long time really didn’t change until the last few weeks.
I know it’s frustrating and I can’t really help, although I never really relax until I see that received status.
Sorry I can’t be of any real use to you 😔
Post 899 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwill75
@Makkari
Yes but not initially for a long time really didn’t change until the last few weeks.
I know it’s frustrating and I can’t really help, although I never really relax until I see that received status.
Sorry I can’t be of any real use to you 😔

Thank you for the help I really appreciated
Post 900 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari
Please help!

I know this probably has been said thousands of times before but I'm starting to get worry, I've sent 5 books August 2021 and still showing the status on Billing, can you guys provide me with a direct number to call or a way to reach out, this doesn't feel normal
@Makkari - Have you tried clicking the billing tab? Occasionally, there may be a hyperlink provided if there is action required on your part. However, sometimes you may see “Billing” but it is for internal action by CBCS. I would check to see if you have a hyperlink. Cheers.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Please help!

@Makkari - Have you tried clicking the billing tab? Occasionally, there may be a hyperlink provided if there is action required on your part. However, sometimes you may see “Billing” but it is for internal action by CBCS. I would check to see if you have a hyperlink. Cheers.

nothing that wasn't there before, just the books list
Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Please help!

Mine were submitted around that same time and still show Billing as their status also. I know my cc has been billed so I assume it is a holding status until they move to grading, etc. Based on others examples in this thread, I'm anticipating another month before that happens.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmead1
Quote:
Please help!

Mine were submitted around that same time and still show Billing as their status also. I know my cc has been billed so I assume it is a holding status until they move to grading, etc. Based on others examples in this thread, I'm anticipating another month before that happens.

So glad I'm no tthe only one, thank you and thankyou all for the help
Post 904 IP   flag post
@Jsmead1 @Makkari - Like I kind of referenced, it is probably a non actionable status, but every few days or week, just go back and click the “Billing” button to make sure it has not been changed to a actionable hyperlink.

Cheers!
Post 905 IP   flag post
601257 1000 30