Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Paraphrased and lifted from another thread...

At 4000 books a week passing through the grading line, given the current turnaround times, that means that when your books arrive at CBCS there could be between 100,000 to 200,000 books ahead of yours.
Post 826 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomStranger271 - next week to late April…give or take😉. It comes dow again to how long ago your submission actually went to labels and if there was a delay in the update or not. I am still in awe that there is appx 4,000 comics being graded per week. That is 16,000-20,000 being labeled, heatsealed, encapsulated, q.c’d, and shipped per month if they are just keeping pace with grading. I will again say WOW!
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is currently right at the 5 month mark for modern unpressed with no speed-ups. I received my last 4 shipments within a week of the 5 month mark.

CBCS is AT LEAST 2 months behind the competition. I'm at the 7 month (28 week) mark, and probably have a good 3-4 months to go.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max
I'm at the 7 month (28 week) mark, and probably have a good 3-4 months to go.

@Optimal_max - 1st off, if your submission was delivered to CBCS 28 weeks ago, that is not 7 months, its 6 1/2 mo. 2nd, as I recently received a grade only submission back in 32 weeks, i seriously doubt you “have a good 3-4 months to go” if your submission was grade only.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@Optimal_max - 1st off, if your submission was delivered to CBCS 28 weeks ago, that is not 7 months, its 6 1/2 mo. 2nd, as I recently received a grade only submission back in 32 weeks, i seriously doubt you “have a good 3-4 months to go” if your submission was grade only.

Wait a sec now, the shortest month is February, with exactly 4 weeks. The rest of the months have 4 weeks plus change. 7 months x 4 weeks per = 28 total weeks. Unless we are in some world where we are counting the weeks in business days only.

Also, IF people are posting how they are JUST NOW receiving March/April orders, and my order was received 3-4 months after March/April, and the TAT are not getting shorter, why isn't 3-4 months a realistic expectation?

Honestly curious. If I'm wrong somewhere, please let me know.
Post 830 IP   flag post

@Optimal_max 4wk 4wk 5wk. Each quarter is 13 weeks = 3 mo / 26 weeks = 6 mo 🍻

The March, April, and May orders that have been coming back are either press orders or signing event orders w/o press

The grade only orders that are coming back right now are from July. I have two grade only subs that were delivered to CBCS on July 6. One of the two has been rec back (32 weeks) the other is at 33 wk.
Post 831 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The March, April, and May orders that have been coming back are either press orders or signing event orders w/o press

The grade only orders that are coming back right now are from July. I have two grade only subs that were delivered to CBCS on July 6. One of the two has been rec back (32 weeks) the other is at 33 wk.

This is exactly how my submissions are going. My late July sub (grade only) is being shipped.....my late March (with pressing) will be shipping shortly.
Post 832 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Might be time for a couple more CBCS countdown unboxing threads...
Post 833 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 834 IP   flag post
I've got a 26 weeker in the hopper, don't tempt me...
Post 835 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Would you ever consider that you are the one taking it too far?

I was intentionally being an ass there with a dash of self deprecation (hence the corned beef and re-hash joke) to break the tension a bit. Guess that didn’t get through. But I have to say, if we all feel the same way about the situation, then why do so many diminish and talk down to people with valid complaints? (Perfect example below) And why are those people not corrected? I can assure you I’m not the one who started off on an antagonist foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I would imagine it's Beckett saying no to that type of action - once you have an owner/board to report to things you can do change!

Odd that Beckett would give the OK for cards but not comics.

I’m kinda shocked nobody else has anything to say about that quote. Pretty eye opening to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also, IF people are posting how they are JUST NOW receiving March/April orders, and my order was received 3-4 months after March/April, and the TAT are not getting shorter, why isn't 3-4 months a realistic expectation?

6 months ago I guessed 35 weeks for standard submissions and he jumped at the opportunity to correct me too. Now things are coming in around 32-33 weeks so I was sadly pretty close and there’s a possibility that you will be correct too. Nobody can say with 100% confidence that either of you are wrong. I know of at least one example (Regie Collects) who’s been waiting almost a year for his order. To be fair, I’m not sure if he added VSP but I know he presses his own books. It’s a shame because he would have been a great and one of the few voices for the company had they met expectations.
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This is exactly how my submissions are going. My late July sub (grade only) is being shipped.....my late March (with pressing) will be shipping shortly.

Post up when your late July order arrives back to you. My late June order (grading only) still shows labels on the dashboard and has for the past few months so I have to assume if July orders are shipping out, then mine should be arriving soon. The TAT at the time of submission put them at a December 2021 arrival but delays can occur, I know they are in good hands. My other late June order is probably finishing up pressing as I think they are still pressing June submissions. Other submissions of mine after that I opted for fast press/fast pass on some, but some of those were books from a few signing events that have been completed after delays due to the pandemic.
Post 837 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my last order out in March and I got got both books fast pressed by the end of October. The end result was worth the wait.
Post 838 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I sent my last order out in March and I got got both books fast pressed by the end of October. The end result was worth the wait.

Newton ring, cracked slab, and mislabel free @ComicNinja0215?
Post 839 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
I've got a 26 weeker in the hopper, don't tempt me...

And yes it's modern drek, trust me you don't want it living rent free in your minds for 26 weeks!
Post 840 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse you bet!!👍
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Post up when your late July order arrives back to you. My late June order (grading only) still shows labels on the dashboard and has for the past few months so I have to assume if July orders are shipping out, then mine should be arriving soon. The TAT at the time of submission put them at a December 2021 arrival but delays can occur, I know they are in good hands. My other late June order is probably finishing up pressing as I think they are still pressing June submissions. Other submissions of mine after that I opted for fast press/fast pass on some, but some of those were books from a few signing events that have been completed after delays due to the pandemic.

I emailed customer service and they confirmed that our late June orders were still in pressing.
Post 842 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Would you ever consider that you are the one taking it too far?

I was intentionally being an ass there with a dash of self deprecation (hence the corned beef and re-hash joke) to break the tension a bit. Guess that didn’t get through. But I have to say, if we all feel the same way about the situation, then why do so many diminish and talk down to people with valid complaints? (Perfect example below) And why are those people not corrected? I can assure you I’m not the one who started off on an antagonist foot.

Quote:

I would imagine it's Beckett saying no to that type of action - once you have an owner/board to report to things you can do change!

I’m kinda shocked nobody else has anything to say about that quote. Pretty eye opening to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

6 months ago I guessed 35 weeks for standard submissions and he jumped at the opportunity to correct me too. Now things are coming in around 32-33 weeks so I was sadly pretty close and there’s a possibility that you will be correct too. Nobody can say with 100% confidence that either of you are wrong. I know of at least one example (Regie Collects) who’s been waiting almost a year for his order. To be fair, I’m not sure if he added VSP but I know he presses his own books. It’s a shame because he would have been a great and one of the few voices for the company had they met expectations.

And there he goes again. Still trying to stir the pot and trolling. And to the statement you brought me back into, you were making statements that had no basis in fact and again was purposely. The TAT thread is meant for factual information and reference.
Post 843 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Just the facts ma'am. CGC section first, then CBCS.

I will say that pretty much everything goes to CBCS going forward with price, quality of product, and quality of grading being the only reasons that count. Will I wait? Yes. Will I complain? No. I will simply state the facts, let others do the worrying, and not freak out that our hobby has reached the point where there are 100K+ books in line ahead of me.

Post 844 IP   flag post
Well said @figment!
Post 845 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Post 846 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I emailed customer service and they confirmed that our late June orders were still in pressing.

I recall Steve R. saying that June was a pretty big month for books to be pressed and while many were done, there were still more left to press for that month so hopefully ours will be moving to grading soon. I only turned in two groups of comics at Summer Con, the one not requiring pressing has been in labels for quite some time, but I finally got an email a few weeks back saying the non-press order had been graded and onto the next step, which I kind of already knew since it has been saying "Labels" on my dashboard. I have to admit I will be looking forward to the day my CBCS orders arrive, will resist looking at the grades online, I have 132 various books with them currently in different stages. They either would be sitting here in boxes, or can sit at CBCS being graded, which is what I prefer. I did send some books though to CGC, mainly ones to flip in the near future, they were grade-only, no press, no fast pass, they arrived at CGC mid-September and arrived to me almost a few weeks ago, coming in under their stated TAT which was 130 days at the time, however, the scratched cases on some of them were a turn-off. I really like the redesigned CBCS case from July 2020 over the CGC case, I just wish the CBCS labels would look a bit more polished.
Post 847 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigillite
I personally dropped off 4 items to be pressed and signatures verified back on 31May and I have no idea how much longer I have. Can anyone give me an estimate? There's a 181 and 3 Bronze.

Go to the Dashboard and open the Invoice (it'll be a PDF, the link is across from the order number). It'll say where it is in the process (above the Total cost).
Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam
Quote:
I personally dropped off 4 items to be pressed and signatures verified back on 31May and I have no idea how much longer I have. Can anyone give me an estimate? There's a 181 and 3 Bronze.

Go to the Dashboard and open the Invoice (it'll be a PDF, the link is across from the order number). It'll say where it is in the process (above the Total cost).

This may have been a reliable source in the past but they’ve slipped behind on this as well. My Invoice says my books are still “Received” but Customer service told me they were in “Pre-Grading”. Unless “Pre-Grading isn’t something they update the invoices with because it’s kind of an in-between phase? I’m told this, the quantity error, and the incorrect balance due will all be worked by the grader.
Post 849 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam
Quote:

This may have been a reliable source in the past but they’ve slipped behind on this as well. My Invoice says my books are still “Received” but Customer service told me they were in “Pre-Grading”. Unless “Pre-Grading isn’t something they update the invoices with because it’s kind of an in-between phase? I’m told this, the quantity error, and the incorrect balance due will all be worked by the grader.

100% agree.
The CBCS Dashboard, today, is as useless as the white crayon on white paper. Don't even bother with it. It will just stress you out and frustrate you even more
Post 850 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Yay my books from last March are on there way home.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector Mully55 private msg quote post Address this user
Early July submission, grade only, still in labels. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
@Mully55 Same here
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully55
Early July submission, grade only, still in labels. 🤦🏻‍♂️

My May submission just entered labels last week.
Post 855 IP   flag post
601333 1000 30