Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I like the outrage..it's fun!

I mean...they could use CGC but TAT is similar there or PGX or EGS (lol!!) or if it's only for display then slab it yourself (using the same slabs as EGS)

What's the rush? If they are to sell and this isn't what you do for a living -then welcome to the reality of grading.
If this is what you do for a living then you should know the game by now -have enough packages in so that basically every month you have something coming back and if it's time sensitive (flip or movie on the way) then you pay for bells and whistles

YES -CBCS needs better customer service (from the customer perspective) -NO -not really TOP concern from CBCS perspective.
They have soooo many orders they can't keep up...should they spend time and resources to get books out the door or to answer the same questions over and over.....no really...where would you put the $$ if you ran a company?

Many companies just turn people away or price things to discourage business -that's right! because at the current time they actually don't need the business and are confident enough in their product that they know when times slow down again those who were turned away will come back.
I'm NEVER coming back! you say...ok....sure....when you get books back that were damage, in cracked slabs, with newton rings, blatantly graded wrong and then when business is slow and CBCS offers promo's again (used to be almost monthly)....we'll see how your resolve is then..and of course the saying is you'll cut off you own nose to spite them...that never works..they don't notice and now you have no nose

BTW - week 51 on my oldest order! and all books are for sale rather than PC but this is just me getting rid of books - not a business or anything
Post 801 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone think this (example) simple change on the homepage would make a difference to the customer base/complaints?

I sure do.
"Managing Customer expectations"

Post 802 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Scifinator

Shouldn't we just do away with a "TAT" and just state that the books will be graded and shipped when they are ready? Or would that give the whiners fuel for their fire?
@Nearmint67 - I suspect that would create a ruckus with kindof of 'How dare they try to hide information from us' response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Anyone think this (example) simple change on the homepage would make a difference to the customer base/complaints?

I sure do.

@Nuffsaid111 - "Stop being so entitled." "Let me tell you why you're wrong." "They're doing their best so stop complaining" "That's stupid, that would never work!" "If you're so smart then start your own grading company." I sorry, I couldn't help but to try and have some fun.

But seriously, I don't disagree. I think that if they implement a little more info like last updated or systematize when or narrow the range of what prompts the update, that would go a long way to manage expectations.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
I'm annoyed for sure but like you said, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it except not give them any future business and deter anyone I know from doing the same.
Quote:
I feel compelled to speak up and, I donno, rally the troops

@Supertom - And here we have admission that your incessant re-hash and denigrations are purposeful attempts to harm a business.

Not harm. We’ve agreed that these are 100% valid complaints. I’m voicing those complaints in an (apparently futile) attempt to enact change and improvements to the business. Would that not be something we’d all like? Your unwavering support, financially or otherwise, is doing the opposite. I’d be quite the hypocrite if I continued to throw money at them and a pretty terrible friend if I recommended their service without multiple caveats explaining why some of the information on the site is inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I mean...they could use CGC but TAT is similar there or PGX or EGS (lol!!) or if it's only for display then slab it yourself (using the same slabs as EGS)

Oh my word! Are you denigrating and intending to cause harm to a business! 😧 Quick, @Scifinator stand up for these poor hard working souls!

Quote:

Many companies just turn people away or price things to discourage business -that's right! because at the current time they actually don't need the business and are confident enough in their product that they know when times slow down again those who were turned away will come back.

This would be a blessing if they stopped submissions and focused all that staff on processing the months of backlog they have. But I guess they don’t have the confidence that people will come back? I proposed this many months ago and was shouted down.

Quote:

I'm NEVER coming back! you say...ok....sure....

I fully intend on using their service in the future IF they improve their transparency and can meet the expectations set forth on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
None of the complainers seem to give a sh!t about all the kick ass things CBCS does and has going for it.

I absolutely do. It’s why I chose their service over CGC in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

I sure do.

As @KatKomics explained. This would take far too many resources to accomplish such a monumental task. Wouldn’t you rather have that one extra person in the shipping department? That’s how businesses work right? IT and data entry folks are always jumping around to help other departments.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Quote:
I'm annoyed for sure but like you said, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it except not give them any future business and deter anyone I know from doing the same.
Quote:
I feel compelled to speak up and, I donno, rally the troops

@Supertom - And here we have admission that your incessant re-hash and denigrations are purposeful attempts to harm a business.

Not harm. We’ve agreed that these are 100% valid complaints. I’m voicing those complaints in an (apparently futile) attempt to enact change and improvements to the business. Would that not be something we’d all like? Your unwavering support, financially or otherwise, is doing the opposite. I’d be quite the hypocrite if I continued to throw money at them and a pretty terrible friend if I recommended their service without multiple caveats explaining why some of the information on the site is inaccurate.

@supertom - Incessantly. Re-hash - That is where you are intentional trying to harm.

Quote:

Oh my word! Are you denigrating and intending to cause harm to a business! 😧 Quick, @Scifinator stand up for these poor hard working souls!

@supertom - I could be wrong, but I doubt that @KatKomics is on pgx or egs boards incessantly denigrating those companies are you have been doing here.
Post 805 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

None of the complainers seem to give a sh!t about all the kick ass things CBCS does and has going for it.

Quote:

I absolutely do. It’s why I chose their service over CGC in the first place.

I've realized a while ago that there's no point in responding to the complainers. EVERYONE including the CBCS staff wants to get clients books back.

The complainers I'm talking about are the ones that threaten to never do business with CBCS again....as far as I'm concerned, don't let the door hit your @ss on the way out.

For as long as it's taking to get books back, CBCS is by far...miles better, than any other grading company on the market.....for a ton of reasons....BUT TATs and customer service is not one of them...we all know this...but they're working on it and addressing it. But what they won't do is fill spots that compromise their product...good for them.

To respond to you though...you chose CBCS for their superior product but it seems like TATs are far more important than the quality of their product. When TAT/service complaints are the only thing one reads...it seems none of the great stuff CBCS does seems to matter to them.
Post 806 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Damn fire!!!! Preach!
Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
Found this interesting

Post 808 IP   flag post
@GAC This is why I re-hash. As I’ve said many times before, the wait is fine if I’m made aware of it at the time of purchase. My complaints have almost always been focused on that being the root of the problem along with a business model that exacerbates it.

You’d have a lot less “complainers” and a lot less of the same questions on here if dashboards and TATs were accurate. We ALL agree that it’s problem but apparently you few are perfectly ok with being kept in the dark. Maybe another benefit of submitting thousands of books and being on these forums for years? Mine currently doesn’t even have the correct number of books on it and now says I have a balance due. Oops! Sorry, another totally unwarranted and hyperbolic complaint! My bad.

Ya’ll need a new thread that’s solely for bragging about who cares less about when their books come back. That way you can toil about in your echo chamber and not have to deal with complainers like me.
Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@supertom - I could be wrong, but I doubt that @KatKomics is on pgx or egs boards incessantly denigrating those companies are you have been doing here.

oh wow...do they have boards for pgx or egs??? - never thought to look - maybe I'll have a new coffee break past time - poke fun of and denigrate - oh man....gonna be legend!!!
Post 810 IP   flag post
On a TAT note...

May 9th order now in Grading/Labels - as are my March 6 and April 9th orders........
Post 811 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
trolls come out from under the bridge on Saturday nights.

Heh
Post 812 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
trolls come out from under the bridge on Saturday nights

Only when the billy goats (or is it sheep?) are such easy prey.

Ok, ok, I'll admit I'm just being an ass now. Also, I just moved (into that new house that was built faster than my books could be graded-that's a call back, not a re-hash) and I don't have my TV hooked up yet so I'm bored. I'm just trying to get my forum points up so I can get a cool saying under my avatar like you guys. I think it'll say something like, "Why do I keep trying to explain orbiting to a bunch of flat earthers?" Or "My favorite breakfast is eggs and corned beef re-hash".
Post 813 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Shouldn't we just do away with a "TAT" and just state that the books will be graded and shipped when they are ready? Or would that give the whiners fuel for their fire?

I have said this kind of thing. That economy priced submissions should be given a maximum TAT (10-12 months) not an "estimated" TAT.
Post 814 IP   flag post
Quote:
Rather than responses of confirmation of those 100% valid complaints, that would at least make us feel like we're all in this together.....Any suggestion of something new or different than what is, it met with instant negativity from the vets, no discussion.

This word "discussion"...I think it does not mean what you think it means.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
Found this interesting

I saw this a couple weeks ago. He's done a few interviews over the last year or so. I like Steve because he's a smart guy and he really does seem to love his job. Although the most interesting part of that interview is when they're discussing card grading and Steve says Beckett isn't promising TATs anymore"...so they can catch up on backlog. So we don't screw everybody else who already submitted... They were smart, they put a stop on it. They said, ok this is getting out of control, let's make sure it's right, let's hire, let's train, but let's not take any more submissions unless people are saying they're willing to wait a year, a year and a half, and some people are..."

That to me says he's knows what's up, but something else is preventing them from making the same "smart" move. Quite possibly they don't want to lose traction in the market share they're gaining so they're making the calculated risk of "screwing everybody else".
Post 816 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm just trying to get my forum points up so I can get a cool saying under my avatar like you guys. I think it'll say something like, "Why do I keep trying to explain orbiting to a bunch of flat earthers

It will probably say "Why am I the only one who gets it?". I honestly wonder what you think of the rest of us who are in the same situation as you but have decided not to be perpetually indignant about it. Flat-earthers? Is that it? Our decision to begrudgingly show grace and patience to a good company in an unprecedented situation makes us flat-earthers? Would you ever consider that you are the one taking it too far?
Post 817 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
.. To long of a vid. Here is a condensed version.

Post 818 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Now I'm wondering of PGX has boards , haha....
Post 819 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
Found this interesting

I saw this a couple weeks ago. He's done a few interviews over the last year or so. I like Steve because he's a smart guy and he really does seem to love his job. Although the most interesting part of that interview is when they're discussing card grading and Steve says Beckett isn't promising TATs anymore"...so they can catch up on backlog. So we don't screw everybody else who already submitted... They were smart, they put a stop on it. They said, ok this is getting out of control, let's make sure it's right, let's hire, let's train, but let's not take any more submissions unless people are saying they're willing to wait a year, a year and a half, and some people are..."

That to me says he's knows what's up, but something else is preventing them from making the same "smart" move. Quite possibly they don't want to lose traction in the market share they're gaining so they're making the calculated risk of "screwing everybody else".

I would imagine it's Beckett saying no to that type of action - once you have an owner/board to report to things you can do change!
Post 820 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
An update for you guys. Mailed on March 31st, received April 6th. 12 Consumer with pressing.
Post 821 IP   flag post
CBCS sent me the email 3 days ago. So how long now? A week? 3? A year? 3 years?

I'm only half-joking...kinda.
Post 822 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 my March order has been in Labels since before Christmas!!
Post 823 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 - early next week to late April depending on when it left the grading room. Cheers.
Post 824 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I'm assuming it's a Canadian thing. @Scifinator Late April? Alright, I send in another order while I wait.

Honestly, I was just happy to get the email. Cheers CBCS.
Post 825 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Paraphrased and lifted from another thread...

At 4000 books a week passing through the grading line, given the current turnaround times, that means that when your books arrive at CBCS there could be between 100,000 to 200,000 books ahead of yours.
Post 826 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 - next week to late April…give or take😉. It comes dow again to how long ago your submission actually went to labels and if there was a delay in the update or not. I am still in awe that there is appx 4,000 comics being graded per week. That is 16,000-20,000 being labeled, heatsealed, encapsulated, q.c’d, and shipped per month if they are just keeping pace with grading. I will again say WOW!
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is currently right at the 5 month mark for modern unpressed with no speed-ups. I received my last 4 shipments within a week of the 5 month mark.

CBCS is AT LEAST 2 months behind the competition. I'm at the 7 month (28 week) mark, and probably have a good 3-4 months to go.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max
I'm at the 7 month (28 week) mark, and probably have a good 3-4 months to go.

@Optimal_max - 1st off, if your submission was delivered to CBCS 28 weeks ago, that is not 7 months, its 6 1/2 mo. 2nd, as I recently received a grade only submission back in 32 weeks, i seriously doubt you “have a good 3-4 months to go” if your submission was grade only.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Optimal_max private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal_max
I'm at the 7 month (28 week) mark, and probably have a good 3-4 months to go.

@Optimal_max - 1st off, if your submission was delivered to CBCS 28 weeks ago, that is not 7 months, its 6 1/2 mo. 2nd, as I recently received a grade only submission back in 32 weeks, i seriously doubt you “have a good 3-4 months to go” if your submission was grade only.

Wait a sec now, the shortest month is February, with exactly 4 weeks. The rest of the months have 4 weeks plus change. 7 months x 4 weeks per = 28 total weeks. Unless we are in some world where we are counting the weeks in business days only.

Also, IF people are posting how they are JUST NOW receiving March/April orders, and my order was received 3-4 months after March/April, and the TAT are not getting shorter, why isn't 3-4 months a realistic expectation?

Honestly curious. If I'm wrong somewhere, please let me know.
Post 830 IP   flag post
600889 1000 30