Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
Having a merge between inside and outside servers is a really bad idea. There is a reason why rhey have had demiliterzed zones in home routers since the dawn of routers and internet.

scratching my head on this one...

EVERY single company that handles product has a way of keeping their customers up to date with real time logistics without compromising security. PERIOD.

not sure what you do for a living, but I sure hope it's not dealing with routers and servers.
Post 676 IP   flag post
July 8 order (sent from Canada) modern tier, no options.

Dashboard just went from submitted to grading
downloadable invoice shows LABELS
Post 677 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit
I'm retired, but yeah I used to work with servers. And I stand by statement given that CBCS isn't a multi billion corporation that can channel millions into security.

So yeah, you can scratch your head at my comment, but unless you put a huge investment into it, it's not worth the risk. Given you are sick of waiting I bet you gambled on the cheapest tier with no fast pass. Imagine if cbcs was 3x the cost just for security.

And if you say what about cgc. Yeah they drop your listing in 8 months on their tracker. And their stuff isn't accurate either.

So yeah, I hope you aren't working in the IT field because I'd question your business accumen. And your lack of real world exposure to such realities

Edit

And if you think sbout it, how many HUGE corporations have been hit by ransomewsre. You'd have to be a @fizbit to think it was a good idea to risk the 1000s of customers books and data to be held ransom by some idiot.
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I got my non-pressed back from that con drip off so hopefully yours are right behind. Still waiting patiently for the pressing order.

I think based on what the TAT was back in June I estimated them around mid to late December but its ok if they are a few months past that as I am not in a rush, I'd rather the status on the site under Open Orders would reflect their current whereabouts in the chain rather than click this, then click that, etc as each generally shows something different. It will be nice when they start showing up, but I know my others have several more months to go.
Post 679 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
July 26 Consumer submission now at labels.
Post 680 IP   flag post

re-read what I wrote

EVERY single company that handles product has a way of keeping their customers up to date with real time logistics without compromising security. PERIOD

you don't have to allow access to any server or data base, you simply supply real time logistics based on the most accurate information available, which in this case is the information that the CSRs have when you call in (which is different from the dashboard).

jeez man, wasn't suggesting giving away the nuke codes.

and no, Im not tired of waiting because I chose the slow-mo service,

I am tired of waiting because I was told one timeline and got something 5x longer.

next time you order a pizza and they tell you 30 minutes and it arrives 3 hours later get back to me on if you were disappointed in the level of service you received.

actually never mind, I see you have over 20k posts which means you could only fathom this if you didn't have CBCS tatooed on your d**k
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe if they called it a TATE instead of a TAT. TATE = Turn Around Time Estimate.........
Post 682 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit

20k is not post count. If you knew what you were talking about maybe youd have half a clue. And you do realize that even fedex and ups systems are not the same as the app dashboard right? Instead of dreaming about my manhood, maybe you should read and try to understand how the real world works

Edit

And unless you are God or some Supreme power how do you know every company does? That is the biggest blanket statement of crap I've ever heard.

EVERY single company that handles product has a way of keeping their customers up to date with real time logistics without compromising security. PERIO
Post 683 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My dick tat says, “Comic Book Certification services”.
Post 684 IP   flag post
ROFLMAO
Post 685 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
EVERY single company that handles product has a way of keeping their customers up to date with real time logistics without compromising security. PERIOD

Actually, CBCS is one of the few companies that I'm fairly confident has not compromised my security. Based on what my computer tells me, pretty much all my passwords have been compromised.
Post 686 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
re-read what I wrote

you don't have to allow access to any server or data base, you simply supply real time logistics based on the most accurate information available, which in this case is the information that the CSRs have when you call in (which is different from the dashboard).

jeez man, wasn't suggesting giving away the nuke codes.

and no, Im not tired of waiting because I chose the slow-mo service,

I am tired of waiting because I was told one timeline and got something 5x longer.

next time you order a pizza and they tell you 30 minutes and it arrives 3 hours later get back to me on if you were disappointed in the level of service you received.

actually never mind, I see you have over 20k posts which means you could only fathom this if you didn't have CBCS tatooed on your d**k

Nothing is quite as amusing as an indignant Canadian postulating about dick tats at the end of a long, hard day.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
This is the best thread of the year !
Post 688 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Nothing is quite as amusing as an indignant Canadian postulating about dick tats at the end of a long, hard day.

lol, so true. Every Canadian knows us Yankees love our dick tats. I got mine when they took my foreskin in 1970...it's a peace sign. Whatever. I didn't chose it.
Post 689 IP   flag post
I'm jealous. Mine just says, "Richard." My parents have always been so formal.
Post 690 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Bully for you...braggart!
Post 691 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotv2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
TimberGhost

when did you submit, what tier, what options? (I don't want to scroll back through this whole thread!)
Press pass which should have not been a problem since they all came from a company that guarantees 9.8 or better books, and they do.

Where do you buy from that guarantees 9.8 or better?

I want to know this as well.
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Out of curiosity, what is your avatar (profile pic)? I'm gonna take a guess of either Beast from Vertigo's Fables, or the human form of Jack Kirby's The Demon, Jason Blood.

Are either of those correct?
Post 693 IP   flag post
It's Jason Blood, because we all look normal on the outside even if there's a raging demon on the inside.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector Willudie4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Didn't know we could talk about our dick's in this forum. This forum just got freaking awesome!.. What's long black and hurts like hell?
Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
*open door, looks around...slowly backs away....
Post 696 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
My dick tat says "10.0"
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!LMAO!!!!I AM SOOO DONE!!can someone please tell if my books are still in billing or multiverse
Post 698 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
21-25A2E2E
Post 699 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!LMAO!!!!I AM SOOO DONE!!can someone please tell if my books are still in billing or multiverse

Laughing so hard you got my sides hurtin!
Post 700 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Mine says "antidisestablishmentarianism" and is used in a sentence.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector PJsStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys! Long time collector. I’ve got nice stuff I want slabbed as I’m getting close to retirement. I’ve been really (REALLY!) considering moving over to cbcs even though I’ve never run into any problems with cgc. I feel cgc has gotten way too big to adequately manage their TAT’s or even quality control. My buddies and I think they give grades away to regular clients and arbitrarily grade some books way to harshly for corner rubs.

What is cgc and CBCS current TAT’s on modern and regular slabbed pre-1975 books? Hard to find this info elsewhere.

Thanks in advance! I’m getting ready to send 200 books and I’ve never submitted more than a couple books.
All my best!
PJ
Post 702 IP   flag post
Whatever TAT is stated, please keep in mind that they are best guess / best effort. While both companies are struggling with TAT, if you go in with realization that it's going to be a while and you need to be patient, your wait will be less agonizing.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad

Mine says "antidisestablishmentarianism" and is used in a sentence.

Thats definitely a wrap around tat!
Post 704 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Get ready to greatly expand upon your perception/definition of "approximate" when wondering what the actual TAT is.

I'll leave it at that.
Post 705 IP   flag post
601509 1000 30