Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Willudie4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
* Clean and simple 6 modern books submitted when TATs were 8 weeks.

The 8 week turnaround time you are referring to was likely from the page on the site for pricing at each tier and it wasn't accurate. The turnaround times on that page have been removed and there is a separate link for turnaround times for both grading and pressing. I submitted in July 2021 as well and I'm still waiting for my order but I believe the turnaround time was around 16 weeks when I submitted, not the 6-8 weeks that were inaccurately displayed on the tier pricing page. I believe I'm in week 31 at the moment. I can see a couple weeks added due to all the holidays and more employees taking time off, but the biggest problem is faster tiers keep pushing the slower tiers back. I know slow tier submissions from mid june have gotten mailed back so I'm expecting mine to be ready within the next 3 weeks.

Did you have any pressing done on your July order? I had pressing done with fast press added to my July order. I was told by Steve Ricketts that my books were in the grading que at the end of November. Yet today I was told by customer service that my invoice was just updated to pre grade. Just seems like my books stayed in the grading que for 11 weeks before they moved.
Post 651 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit submitting through the Canadian "office" is probably a large part of the issue.

Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
Submitting through the Canadian office was, at the time, promoted as faster than submitting directly to the US office.

Regardless, the Dallas "start date" of my TAT was July 8th.

Current TATs 25 weeks.

I'm 4 weeks over - not a big deal if the order was fully completed 4 weeks late - but I still likely have 2-4 MONTHS to go.
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Mully55 private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit I believe you. I shipped directly to Dallas with a TAT start around the first week of July. My books are showing in labels. 4 weeks over for 3 modern tier with no press.
Post 654 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willudie4me
Did you have any pressing done on your July order?

Grading only and the submission was for the Modern tier.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector Willudie4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willudie4me
Did you have any pressing done on your July order?

Grading only and the submission was for the Modern tier.

Thanks! Looks like I got roughly maybe 12 weeks or more left then. So excited to see my books soon! The anticipation is wrecking me.
Post 656 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Got an email today that my quickstream order dropped off five weeks ago is out of pressing and on to grading. That’s ahead of listed TAT. Looking forward to getting these back soon!
Post 657 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully55
@Fizbit I believe you. I shipped directly to Dallas with a TAT start around the first week of July. My books are showing in labels. 4 weeks over for 3 modern tier with no press.

do you remember the date your books moved out of the processing status? i have an august 23rd order no press still in processing/received and i'm just trying to guesstimate a date when they'll ship.
Post 658 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
My submission received at CBCS July 26, 2021. Dashboard now says Grading and invoice says Labels. That's a change from when I checked last week. Whoo-Hoo!
Post 659 IP   flag post
Collector Mully55 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Congrats, now only 2 to 3 months left to wait.
Post 660 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Say..uh...any CBCS moderators etc. around?
Just got an e-mail for the Steranko event saying that pickup at the CBCS Canada office is no longer an option.

I have a few orders set for pickup in Oakville - any idea what will happen to them?
For the Conway and Steranko events - isn't it too early to say the pickup option is a no go?...it will be close to a year or more before they are ready - surely something will be available by then??
Post 661 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My late July (~7/27) is in grading/labels. No pressing. 2 modern ASP and 1 reholder.
Post 662 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm going on week 25-26 of my estimated 17 week TAT back from mid August. My dashboard still says "received" but customer service said I was in "pre-grading".

To put things in perspective, in late July of last year we started building a new home. 2 stories, basement, full shebang. We move in this weekend... so yeah. Thankfully there weren't other home buyers who were willing to pay more to get their houses built before ours. Although, I'm sure the builders would have loved that! I know that's not exactly an apples to apples comparison but any excuses of labor or material shortages or being flooded with orders are simply that, excuses. Labor and material shortages have crushed the construction field but we've literally built a home in the midst of a housing market explosion faster than my books could be graded. The builders had their fair share of hurtles but they streamlined their processes and finished our home within 3 weeks of their estimated completion date. I'm sure they would have loved to offer up more lots and take money from every interested buyer, but that would've likely led to a world of headaches and lawsuits. Both grading companies made a choice to continue accepting more submissions than they could feasibly handle in a reasonable timeframe and we're bearing the consequences.

Sorry, I'll go back to being a patient little collector now. I know they're working really hard and I'm so happy that business is booming. At this point I'm actually hoping for a 35+ week TAT so at least I can post a big fat "I told you so" to all the forum vets who shouted me down in the previous thread.
Post 663 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Chase Brown,

Your 21-*******5E-MD is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!
Post 664 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
At this point I'm actually hoping for a 35 week TAT

You do make a really fair point here and one I have been saying to myself for quite some time now. That is, be straight to your customer base with the TAT.
In fact, even slightly overstate the TAT to surprise your customer base when they get their comics back earlier.

There are many aspects I like about this company, but not being anywhere near accurate with the TATs and/or the dashboards is just going to piss people off; and it actually does.
26 weeks is nowhere near "it's just an approximation" of 17 weeks.

Just be straight - no matter how long it is or becomes. This is the easiest thing to fix/address.
Post 665 IP   flag post
Whoop whoop YAAAAAAAHHHHH!!
Post 666 IP   flag post
@Supertom

you crystalized my thoughts exactly.

if material shortages and increased costs were the deciding factor to raise prices, then why didn't all tiers go up?

CatCovers = That’s ahead of listed TAT

glad to know they increased performance for one group of customers.

@Glow

week 32 the downloadable invoice switched to Submitted, raw dashboard still showing Processing.

customer service says I'm in "pre-grade"

apparently the customer service reps have a different dashboard than the customers...

seriously, I assume everything is barcoded and scanned every time it moves to a different department? it really can't be that hard to link the 2 systems (or just 1) and have accurate information available to the customers, can it?

Question:
if I up my submission tier to fastpass right NOW, will I get my books faster?
Post 667 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit

Having a merge between inside and outside servers is a really bad idea. There is a reason why rhey have had demiliterzed zones in home routers since the dawn of routers and internet.
Post 668 IP   flag post
TimberGhost

when did you submit, what tier, what options? (I don't want to scroll back through this whole thread!)
Post 669 IP   flag post
Quote:
TimberGhost

when did you submit, what tier, what options? (I don't want to scroll back through this whole thread!)
Press pass which should have not been a problem since they all came from a company that guarantees 9.8 or better books, and they do. they were marked submitted at Mar 22, 2021 11:47 PM.
5 moderns. so could still end up breaking a year even though when I submitted the TAT was still very low compared to today. I'm just a personal collector so I don't submit thousands at one time, so not like I'm on their radar and I don't get on the boards and try to defend them like the ones that are just flipping books. I'm fixing to submit a bunch but haven't made up my mind who I will go with at this time. At least cbcs is now sending emails which I never got with my holy grail till it was shipped but the presser either messed my one older book up or swapped it out cause it came back with tear at staple, and my book had no such tear. period. I know my books, especially the important books to me, my holy grail which was graded by a man that has been in the comic book business for over 50 years is stunned. I suggest people take pictures of the holy grails before they submit them, something smells and i'm not even sure I got my book returned. How would you really know? and what can you do, they are in control, no questions asked. I know they will not press anymore of my books.
Post 670 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I was happy just to see an email in my inbox regarding an invoice as I hadn't received any emails up until this point. It was an invoice for books given to CBCS (mighty nice guys by the way) at SummerCon 2021 on June 18th. This invoice was for 14 books, four of which required VSP, all did not require pressing just grading only no fast pass. The email says they finished grading and on to the next step. I can't recall the TAT back then but it's written down somewhere. The other invoice from that convention was larger, VSP, Pressing, and Grading, but still says "Received". I believe those are in the processing of being pressed now since they are still working on June 2021 pressing submissions.
Post 671 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
I was happy just to see an email in my inbox regarding an invoice as I hadn't received any emails up until this point. It was an invoice for books given to CBCS (mighty nice guys by the way) at SummerCon 2021 on June 18th. This invoice was for 14 books, four of which required VSP, all did not require pressing just grading only no fast pass. The email says they finished grading and on to the next step. I can't recall the TAT back then but it's written down somewhere. The other invoice from that convention was larger, VSP, Pressing, and Grading, but still says "Received". I believe those are in the processing of being pressed now since they are still working on June 2021 pressing submissions.

I got my non-pressed back from that con drip off so hopefully yours are right behind. Still waiting patiently for the pressing order.
Post 672 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
TimberGhost

Press pass which should have not been a problem since they all came from a company that guarantees 9.8 or better books, and they do.

Where do you buy from that guarantees 9.8 or better?
Post 673 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotv2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
TimberGhost

Press pass which should have not been a problem since they all came from a company that guarantees 9.8 or better books, and they do.

Where do you buy from that guarantees 9.8 or better?

That was my first thought...and then he said they sent back a comics he's sure wasn't actually his so I'm more interested in which company to avoid.
Post 674 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I get my 9.8s mostly from Dynamic forces when they are doing a daily special.
Post 675 IP   flag post
Having a merge between inside and outside servers is a really bad idea. There is a reason why rhey have had demiliterzed zones in home routers since the dawn of routers and internet.

scratching my head on this one...

EVERY single company that handles product has a way of keeping their customers up to date with real time logistics without compromising security. PERIOD.

not sure what you do for a living, but I sure hope it's not dealing with routers and servers.
Post 676 IP   flag post
July 8 order (sent from Canada) modern tier, no options.

Dashboard just went from submitted to grading
downloadable invoice shows LABELS
Post 677 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit
I'm retired, but yeah I used to work with servers. And I stand by statement given that CBCS isn't a multi billion corporation that can channel millions into security.

So yeah, you can scratch your head at my comment, but unless you put a huge investment into it, it's not worth the risk. Given you are sick of waiting I bet you gambled on the cheapest tier with no fast pass. Imagine if cbcs was 3x the cost just for security.

And if you say what about cgc. Yeah they drop your listing in 8 months on their tracker. And their stuff isn't accurate either.

So yeah, I hope you aren't working in the IT field because I'd question your business accumen. And your lack of real world exposure to such realities

Edit

And if you think sbout it, how many HUGE corporations have been hit by ransomewsre. You'd have to be a @fizbit to think it was a good idea to risk the 1000s of customers books and data to be held ransom by some idiot.
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I got my non-pressed back from that con drip off so hopefully yours are right behind. Still waiting patiently for the pressing order.

I think based on what the TAT was back in June I estimated them around mid to late December but its ok if they are a few months past that as I am not in a rush, I'd rather the status on the site under Open Orders would reflect their current whereabouts in the chain rather than click this, then click that, etc as each generally shows something different. It will be nice when they start showing up, but I know my others have several more months to go.
Post 679 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
July 26 Consumer submission now at labels.
Post 680 IP   flag post
598088 1000 30