Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
don't know what to say,

I have one order that went from "received" (32 weeks) to "processing" (for 1 week), now showing "submitted"
Post 576 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
don't know what to say,

I have one order that went from "received" (32 weeks) to "processing" (for 1 week), now showing "submitted"

Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Jarr131929 private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know if the Rapid and Quick Stream Options are running as advertised?
Post 578 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jarr131929 good question, I'm doing 2 quick streams next month.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Jarr131929 - my Quickstream press and grade was pretty close to a estimated TATs
Post 580 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Superb!
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
welll i thought the lost puppy was funny,but i was for real about order 21-25A2E2E just wanted to know if they got signed?, pass press screen?, or still in billing?I get it that they're not on the way home. thanks for any intel.
Post 582 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
do you think that tats might decrease during the winter
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yes ! The winter of 2024
Post 584 IP   flag post
Collector 78pts private msg quote post Address this user
When I submitted my 12 books it was advertised as a 17 week turnaround.
We're in week 23!

Order details
12x moderns (where 11x are the same title). no pressing or fast-track

Order created 26 Aug 2021
USPS says box was delivered 28 Aug 2021
Order received 10 Nov 2021

Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
If your order was received November 10th, you are in week 11
Post 586 IP   flag post
My oldest submission was modern, no pressing or anything. Entered in system 31 weeks ago, no movement
Post 587 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardzguy

@78pts, @Cardzguy is absolutely wrong. Your estimated TAT would start a day or so after the Aug 28th receipt date. That said, your Est TAT can and has increased due to Fast Pass and higher priced tiers such as 1 Day, 2 Day, Rapid & Quickstream coming in large enough quantities to continue to bump our lower tiers out.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Turnaround times start when they receive it in, NOT when the box is delivered. I have submissions "delivered" 40 weeks ago with no pressing or special instructions that are still showing "submitted"
Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
You TAT starts the day after order has been delivered to CBCS and his back dated to that date.
Quote:
Turnaround times start when they receive it in, NOT when the box is delivered. I have submissions "delivered" 40 weeks ago with no pressing or special instructions that are still showing "submitted"
Post 590 IP   flag post
@Cardzguy - received/delivered is semantics. However, based on your first post, you insinuated that once the dashboard reflects received, that is when TAT starts, which would not be accurate as CBCS may not update the dashboard to “received” status till several days, weeks, or even months after they internally checked the submission in. As @Elvinv and I stated Estimated TAT starts about a day after The delivery is made to CBCS.
Post 591 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
At this point, I'm not sure if any of the details about received or delivered or entered into the system matter if you're trying to determine some type of logical calculations based on the official CBCS information.
The official information that you would think you can build an expected completion date is:
1. Stated TAT's (that don't seem to be accurate)
2. Dashboards (which are just an absolute mess and barely reliable.)

If one is trying to determine a calculated completion date for their books to be graded; but the TATs can't seemingly be relied upon; and certainly not the dashboard relied upon, then I don't know how any logic can be built into one's calculations. It is inherently flawed; and I think that's where the extreme frustration comes in for most/many.

I have just pretty much given up looking at any official information. Instead I rely on Forum members to better approximate my delivery based on their subs. In my experience, to do anything else is an exercise in futility, aggravation and frustration.
Post 592 IP   flag post
So, tell me why my regular modern submissions, delivered 40 weeks ago and paid in full 31 weeks ago are still not headed to grading.
Post 593 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78pts
When I submitted my 12 books it was advertised as a 17 week turnaround.
We're in week 23!

Order details
12x moderns (where 11x are the same title). no pressing or fast-track

Order created 26 Aug 2021
USPS says box was delivered 28 Aug 2021
Order received 10 Nov 2021

It looks like people are starting to get back early June submissions, though still some March-Mays trickling out as well. The explosion in the hobby and inability to scale something like accurate grading means that (as @Scifinator pointed out) TATs have skyrocketed for lower tiers due to "line jumping" by submissions using higher tiers. The real TAT from last Spring-mid-Fall appears to be 33-37 weeks for lowest tier submissions with 45-52 weeks for submissions with pressing. Not saying it's right for them to have been that far off in their stated TATs, but that's the situation we're in.
Post 594 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
The fast pass etc cut time in half yes?? have 1 book with fast pass and fast press - hope to have at MCS before this December/Mario movie release
Post 595 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So, tell me why my regular modern submissions, delivered 40 weeks ago and paid in full 31 weeks ago are still not headed to grading.

My guess would be due to large amounts of submissions made at the fast pass level and above all jumping ahead of you (and those others who submit regular) causing an increase in TATs.
Post 596 IP   flag post
@Cardzguy - did you have any of the comics in that submission either bing pressed or for mail in signing?
Post 597 IP   flag post
Again, regular modern submission. No pressing, signing, cleaning, special labels or anything. 5 different submissions in 2021. One submission lost, other 4 gathering dust. Yes, I said lost. They can't find it from 10 months ago
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Again, regular modern submission. No pressing, signing, cleaning, special labels or anything. 5 different submissions in 2021. One submission lost, other 4 gathering dust. Yes, I said lost. They can't find it from 10 months ago

THAT is my worst fear<<>>!!!

I have SO MANY other books i could have sent in to get graded but...THAT is the exact reason i did not. I could only imagine losing all my good books 0o ..
...so, now what >?...are you just out or is there a reimbursement>?
Post 599 IP   flag post
It was a reimbursement. If I thought they were going to lose my Stan Lee signed book, I would have declared more on the value.
Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
One never knows when they come to this forum thread - what they will find.
But rest assured, one will be slamming their head against the wall if they just wait long enough
don't think there is much wait.lol
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 the website is always a bit off. Not usually as much as it is now but somewhat. They should, at this point, scrap mentioning TATs and just announce which time period they are working on in the various tiers and pressing.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector Bufordpoe71 private msg quote post Address this user
Was wondering if I could get an update for 21-258E03E? please and thank you.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector 78pts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@78pts, @Cardzguy is absolutely wrong. Your estimated TAT would start a day or so after the Aug 28th receipt date. That said, your Est TAT can and has increased due to Fast Pass and higher priced tiers such as 1 Day, 2 Day, Rapid & Quickstream coming in large enough quantities to continue to bump our lower tiers out.

Thanks for the clarification… so I’m to be optimistic it will finish up soon…
Post 604 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
A question to those more seasoned than myself, would a fast pass on pressing only cut the time at all?
Post 605 IP   flag post
601220 1000 30