Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 If you want to be my personal troll you're gonna need to step up your game. That was a pitiful attempt...you're giving trolls a bad name. The internet has been around for a while now. Even children troll better than that.

@SlayerRick710 In case I wasn't clear...I have used the Raw Grade service several times. Around April/May of last year I sent a Raw Grade and a Slabbed submission in at the same time. The Raw Grade submission came back to me 3-4 weeks quicker than the slabbed submission. I can't tell you what the exact TAT is currently, I'm not sure anyone can. But that was my most recent experience.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 as a fellow Josh I wish you would stop...you'll give us a bad name
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator sorry if my response felt like I was singling you out.

Also, 1100 comics? Did I read that right? Jeez man. Is "over doing it" your middle name? JK.

But out of curiosity, is it collectively or one single order?
Post 553 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
@Scifinator sorry if my response felt like I was singling you out.

Also, 1100 comics? Did I read that right? Jeez man. Is "over doing it" your middle name? JK.

But out of curiosity, is it collectively or one single order?
@PhantomStranger271 - No worries, didn't feel singled out. No, not one single submission. 2-3 dozen submissions. Most were exactly 30 comics per submission. A few were 40-100 because I wanted the cert numbers sequential as the are complete runs like Marvel Fanfare, X-O Manowar, etc.

In case you are wondering, I try to limit each submission to 30 because larger submissions make things a little more difficult for CBCS in the process. Plus 30 seems to be the sweet spot for shipping charges per comic back to us.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
@ebaymafia literally said this was a sh*t post because it had criticized the company. It’s gotten so many positive responses from customer service. You were trolling before but no’s that we are making progress, I’m the one trolling? Why the hate?
Post 555 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
😂
Post 556 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
One never knows when they come to this forum thread - what they will find.
But rest assured, one will be slamming their head against the wall if they just wait long enough
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator What makes 30 the ideal amount to ship?
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely the return shipping can fit in one box.
Quote:
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
This order came in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Had an order submitted June 17 of last year, probably received within 5 days of that (I send the same day I submit usually). Fast Pass Modern with some pressing/press screening and sig verifications.

It's moved to shipped today after I paid an extra $24 last night (I assume 2 of the books to be screened actually needed pressing or something).
Post 560 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user

Help!! I cant find my babies!Has anyone seen my babies? Last seen Date Order # Status Items Total
Jul 6, 2021 21-25A2E2E Billing 4 $132.00 I just want to know if they are Ok. Oh my poor babies
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector Dwill73 private msg quote post Address this user
Great post. Never would have looked there. My 17 books from July 21 submission are in labels. Soon come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@Majikmarkerz I expect your order is farther along than that, but the dashboard notifications are notoriously slow to update.

For a more accurate idea of where your books are in the process, do this:

1. Go to your dashboard and click on the order number.
2. At the top right, just above the cost breakdown for the order, you'll see a link to a pdf of your invoice. Click that.
3. On the right side of the invoice, you'll see where your books are in the process. Check the image below and you'll see from the red circle where to look. This order was submitted a few weeks before yours (pressing, grading, no sigs) and has been in labels for 2-3 months now. I expect them to be ready shortly, and would bet you'll have your books back well before 6/1.

btw, on my dashboard, the status for this order still shows "processing."

Post 562 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@PhantomStranger271 - sorry, my notifications are turned off and I just saw your question. When you look at how CBCS charges for shipping, there are in essence price breaks per comic shipped and 30 seems to be the best price break multiple. Like @xvipah mentioned, 30 encased comics fits into one large box very well.
Post 563 IP   flag post
@xvipah - Pics, show the pics in "Comics you just got back thread"!
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE:

6 books submitted to Canadian office July 8 2021. TATs at the time were 8 weeks for modern (no screen, press, etc)

Week 32 my books just went from Processing to Submitted.

honestly not sure what comes after that?

grading?
slabbing?
labels?

anything else?

After seeing some people sitting in labels for 2-3 months I do NOT have much hope of getting my books back within ONE YEAR from submission date.
Post 565 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@PhantomStranger271 - sorry, my notifications are turned off and I just saw your question. When you look at how CBCS charges for shipping, there are in essence price breaks per comic shipped and 30 seems to be the best price break multiple. Like @xvipah mentioned, 30 encased comics fits into one large box very well.

Yes sir, 30 is the same # I use for that same reason.
So how long do you think the new hires will take to make improvements to this TAT?
Growing pains are tough. But at least they are growing and not going out of business.

Hot books are at this point, better to flip raw as they would not be hot by the time they return from grading. So that game is on pause for a while until they can get us back to 4 to 6 weeks.

Most of my books are bronze age so I send in what I can and sit on them. When their day comes, then I will part with them. No rush over here.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
On it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@xvipah - Pics, show the pics in "Comics you just got back thread"!
Post 567 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Consumer
Received at CBCS: July 29, 2021 (clock start)
Order Entered: October 1, 2021 (10 weeks)
Grading: February 2, 2022 (27 weeks)

Compare to 30 weeks for CGC Economy
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
CBCS Consumer

Looks like 26 weeks currently at CGC for Economy without Fast Pass (130 days, 5 days in a work week). So roughly the same time either way.
Post 569 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Well thanks to the numbskulls over across the street, I'm staying here. No more playing the comic political system
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
CBCS Consumer

Thanks for the update. My order was:
Received at CBCS: July 26, 2001
E-mail received that order was entered: September 24, 2021
Invoice still says "Received"

But your update gives me hope that my orders status will change soon.
Post 571 IP   flag post
"CBCS Consumer
Compare to 30 weeks for CGC Economy"

I am week 33 and my books just went from "processing" to "submitted".

Figment: I submitted July 8 and no where near grading yet, not sure how you got ahead of me in the line-up (if there even is a line)

Lonestar: see above, don't get your hopes up.

Wondering now if I should fly the 2500 miles, find my books in the mail room, go back around to the front counter, and then re-submit using FastPass?
Post 572 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
not sure how you got ahead of me in the line-up

Maybe due to the delays between being sent from Canada to actually being received by CBCS your order submitted on July 8th wasn't delivered until after July 29th.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the emails that my non-pressed order (one 2day, one quickstream and 12 modern) submitted on 6/20 have entered production. Now, I'm just patiently waiting for the pressed order to finally move to the slab side.

This was submitted at WA ST SummerCon late June in case others did the same.

I'm excited to post pictures once they arrive.
Post 574 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotv2
Looks like 26 weeks currently at CGC for Economy without Fast Pass (130 days, 5 days in a work week). So roughly the same time either way.

I quoted 30 weeks for the CGC order not based on their stated turn time, but on how long it actually took to get to that stage on my last CGC Economy order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fizbit
I am week 33 and my books just went from "processing" to "submitted".

That's backwards. Orders are "submitted" when you fill out the form to finalize the order. Then, when they are received, opened, and entered into the CBCS system they go to "processing". After that, you have to click on each individual order in the dashboard to determine what stage the an order is actually at. It is very misleading that the dashboard always says "processing", they need to have the web folks fix that if possible.
Post 575 IP   flag post
don't know what to say,

I have one order that went from "received" (32 weeks) to "processing" (for 1 week), now showing "submitted"
Post 576 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
don't know what to say,

I have one order that went from "received" (32 weeks) to "processing" (for 1 week), now showing "submitted"

Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Jarr131929 private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know if the Rapid and Quick Stream Options are running as advertised?
Post 578 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jarr131929 good question, I'm doing 2 quick streams next month.
Post 579 IP   flag post
@Jarr131929 - my Quickstream press and grade was pretty close to a estimated TATs
Post 580 IP   flag post
600833 1000 30