Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Had an order submitted June 17 of last year, probably received within 5 days of that (I send the same day I submit usually). Fast Pass Modern with some pressing/press screening and sig verifications.

It's moved to shipped today after I paid an extra $24 last night (I assume 2 of the books to be screened actually needed pressing or something).
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Just received my order and one book was damaged. Will CBCS reholder at no cost ?

Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
OOF
Post 528 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch. I'd imagine they need to regrade that book too.....
Post 529 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My April order just joining my March order in grading - who hoo.....
Post 530 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Elvinv - Yes, CBCS will re-holder shipping damage at no charge. And, that would include re-grade if necessary. Take picture of carton damage and send that, along with photo of cracked encasement to customerservice@cbcscomics.com . Request shipping label to send back. Or if you want quicker turnaround, Create a Re-Holder submission yourself, box up with same photos I mentioned above with letter requesting credit for shipping and ship now.
Post 531 IP   flag post
Scifinator
That’s just it. The box didn’t show any signs of damage. If it I would’ve taken a picture. But the box was in perfect shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Elvinv - Yes, CBCS will re-holder shipping damage at no charge. And, that would include re-grade if necessary. Take picture of carton damage and send that, along with photo of cracked encasement to customerservice@cbcscomics.com . Request shipping label to send back. Or if you want quicker turnaround, Create a Re-Holder submission yourself, box up with same photos I mentioned above with letter requesting credit for shipping and ship now.
Post 532 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Oofa is right.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Elvinv - Same still applies if it were my comic. I would send in.
Post 534 IP   flag post
I will. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Elvinv - Same still applies if it were my comic. I would send in.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

With my first order (21-11F72CB) being received on April 6th, 2021, does that mean by this Friday it has been 42 weeks that CBCS has possession of my order? Yes, I had pressing on the order (my TAT when I ordered it was 19 weeks at the time, plus the grading times, which I think were/was at 12 weeks. 12+19=42 Is my math wrong? I know there are delays, but seriously guys.

But sure, just keep delaying I guess.

Fast Pass basically means you cut the line right?
Post 536 IP   flag post
Does CBCS even work weekends?
Post 537 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Steve borock has been known to work weekends. Whether the rest of the staff does, I have no idea.
Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector Majikmarkerz private msg quote post Address this user
My order was received on 05/04/21 for 9 books:

• Modern grading
• Verified Signature
• Pressing

As of 01/29/22 it is still being processed.
I would like to have the books back for 06/01/22 to give as a graduation gift.

What are the chances I will get these back in time?
Post 539 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Majikmarkerz I expect your order is farther along than that, but the dashboard notifications are notoriously slow to update.

For a more accurate idea of where your books are in the process, do this:

1. Go to your dashboard and click on the order number.
2. At the top right, just above the cost breakdown for the order, you'll see a link to a pdf of your invoice. Click that.
3. On the right side of the invoice, you'll see where your books are in the process. Check the image below and you'll see from the red circle where to look. This order was submitted a few weeks before yours (pressing, grading, no sigs) and has been in labels for 2-3 months now. I expect them to be ready shortly, and would bet you'll have your books back well before 6/1.

btw, on my dashboard, the status for this order still shows "processing."

Post 540 IP   flag post
Collector Majikmarkerz private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @CatCovers. I did the pdf download like you said and it shows "submitted." Is that further along?
Post 541 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Eight months after CBCS received my books my order has finally…appeared on my dashboard 😑
Post 542 IP   flag post
Collector BooksOfRage private msg quote post Address this user
My two day order was processed fairly quickly this week.

Two Day order created on 1/21/2022
Mailed to CBCS on 1/22/2022
Received by CBCS on 1/25/2022
Email sent by CBCS acknowledging receipt on 1/27/2022
Emails sent by CBCS marking the order as in Production, then Completed a few hours later on 1/28/2022

Status is now shipping and I'm waiting for the Fedex tracking number. I do not see any grades yet but I'm excited. I have almost 400 comics at CBCS from my personal collection so it's nice to see some coming back even if it's just a couple of them.
Post 543 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the current turnaround time for raw grade?
Post 544 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerRick710
Does anyone know the current turnaround time for raw grade?

In my last experience it was about 3-4 weeks quicker than normal slabbed lead times.
Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
You guys remember when @ebaymafia said we were all being ridiculous for complaining? Me neither. What’s wrong with trying to figure out the status of your books?
Post 546 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 - yes, fast passes and the 4 highest tiers do cut and cause us to be delayed further. I am in the same boat as you. We are in hurry up and wait mode. At least your submission is ahead of my 1,100 comics that I submitted for press between the end of may and September. 🍺
Post 547 IP   flag post
Anyway…

eBayMafia is a straight fan boy. If you want serious critical customer thought about the processes don’t trust that dude!
Post 548 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
You guys remember when @ebaymafia said we were all being ridiculous for complaining? Me neither. What’s wrong with trying to figure out the status of your books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
Anyway…

eBayMafia is a straight fan boy. If you want serious critical customer thought about the processes don’t trust that dude!

So. Let me understand you correctly. You can't trust this individual on the basis that you can't recall what he said? I don't even drink and I can't understand that logic...

As for wanting to know where your status is, I can kinda understand that. But most folks on this forum try to help unless your sole goal is to bash the company.
Post 549 IP   flag post
Oh so sorry. I was referring to eBayMaffia because he hated this exact same discussion. The, Turnaround Time 7.0” specifically. Lol. Just a little side tease. Lol. I’m not trying to figure out my status. Although it is unknown. I’m know that concerned. I just like to frequent comic book forums.
Post 550 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 If you want to be my personal troll you're gonna need to step up your game. That was a pitiful attempt...you're giving trolls a bad name. The internet has been around for a while now. Even children troll better than that.

@SlayerRick710 In case I wasn't clear...I have used the Raw Grade service several times. Around April/May of last year I sent a Raw Grade and a Slabbed submission in at the same time. The Raw Grade submission came back to me 3-4 weeks quicker than the slabbed submission. I can't tell you what the exact TAT is currently, I'm not sure anyone can. But that was my most recent experience.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Josh7945 as a fellow Josh I wish you would stop...you'll give us a bad name
Post 552 IP   flag post
@Scifinator sorry if my response felt like I was singling you out.

Also, 1100 comics? Did I read that right? Jeez man. Is "over doing it" your middle name? JK.

But out of curiosity, is it collectively or one single order?
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
@Scifinator sorry if my response felt like I was singling you out.

Also, 1100 comics? Did I read that right? Jeez man. Is "over doing it" your middle name? JK.

But out of curiosity, is it collectively or one single order?
@PhantomStranger271 - No worries, didn't feel singled out. No, not one single submission. 2-3 dozen submissions. Most were exactly 30 comics per submission. A few were 40-100 because I wanted the cert numbers sequential as the are complete runs like Marvel Fanfare, X-O Manowar, etc.

In case you are wondering, I try to limit each submission to 30 because larger submissions make things a little more difficult for CBCS in the process. Plus 30 seems to be the sweet spot for shipping charges per comic back to us.
Post 554 IP   flag post
@ebaymafia literally said this was a sh*t post because it had criticized the company. It’s gotten so many positive responses from customer service. You were trolling before but no’s that we are making progress, I’m the one trolling? Why the hate?
Post 555 IP   flag post
601455 1000 30