Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomStranger271 - that is what i was alluding to. While we may see stutus of “Grading” on te external dashboard, it may actually be further along. In your case, it is already in labels. Labels to shipping steps seem to be taking 2-3 months, but if your external dashboard doesn’t get updated, you may not see “Labels” for a while, and then, maybe just a few hours or days if already in shipping fir instance. Keep in mind, some reports in Dec had people receiving their comics back before the dashboard was even marked shipped or completed.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomStranger271 just know it won't be long at all now.1 got my swamp thing 1 back today from March, it was pressed.for a book I bought off the rack as a kid I guess it wasn't too bad a grade. 8.5 with white pages.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicskablooey
I submitted books in august that I received and I have an order since June, that I was told by Peter would be done in December and now they changed it to possibly June or later. that's some straight bullshit considering I submitted 15 orders to cgc and have gotten 6 back and cgc is supposed to be having a bigger delay. I have begun to send my comics to egscomicsgrading.com, even though they are new they give an automatic 10% off an order of 10 comics or more. No membership needed and they're sig verification is only 10 per sig. The ability to take on work that you can't complete in a reasonable time is ridiculous.
What are the cases like?
Post 478 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
I submitted books in august that I received and I have an order since June, that I was told by Peter would be done in December and now they changed it to possibly June or later. that's some straight bullshit considering I submitted 15 orders to cgc and have gotten 6 back and cgc is supposed to be having a bigger delay. I have begun to send my comics to egscomicsgrading.com, even though they are new they give an automatic 10% off an order of 10 comics or more. No membership needed and they're sig verification is only 10 per sig. The ability to take on work that you can't complete in a reasonable time is ridiculous.
What are the cases like?

Fabulous, I'm sure. I would just tell you as someone who's been slabbing almost since the beginning, don't get caught up in this. Nothing good will come from having your books slabbed by a company with no reputation. You will just end up frustrated that no one wants to pay anything close to FMV for your slabbed books. Take it from someone who's been there before. A grading company needs to come with a built in reputation and, to some degree, a built in client base of dealers. If they don't start with these things, it's very unlikely they will grow into them.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
What are the cases like?

@timberghost - Don’t fall prey to the advertisement, unless you just want to encase for protection only.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@timberghost - Don’t fall prey to the advertisement, unless you just want to encase for protection only.

Honestly, even the protection is an assumption. We know that encasement can actually damage books in some cases if not done exactly right.
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector Mully55 private msg quote post Address this user
Regular submission of 3 books. 27.5 weeks and counting. Currently in labels. I’m really starting to question whether it’s worth it
to send books in anymore. Speaking strictly from a financial perspective, 7-8 months is a long time to have a book out of your inventory. Given the current state of the market, books can spike and plummet in very little time.

I get why you would if it is just for cover art or a personal collection. Quite frustrating.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Modern order with VSP & no press, received and noted on dashboard with the date of June 15th. Tuesday will mark 32 weeks and TAT was originally posted at 14 weeks when I shipped.

To give others a more current TAT estimate vs posted TAT via the website.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
I turned in 6 books at C2E2 in early December last year to save on shipping. A month and three weeks later I get the email that they've received my submission. The endless wait begins again. I don't even bother to check my dashboard anymore; a watched pot never boils. Best to not even think about it.
Post 484 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:
What are the cases like?

Fabulous, I'm sure. I would just tell you as someone who's been slabbing almost since the beginning, don't get caught up in this. Nothing good will come from having your books slabbed by a company with no reputation. You will just end up frustrated that no one wants to pay anything close to FMV for your slabbed books. Take it from someone who's been there before. A grading company needs to come with a built in reputation and, to some degree, a built in client base of dealers. If they don't start with these things, it's very unlikely they will grow into them.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Thanks, appreciate the heads up
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email from customer service regarding my order from 6/20 (no fast anything)

non-pressed order is in HeatSeal
Pressed order is In Pressing.

Getting that much closer
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Subbed 8 books to the Canadian hub. Arrived November 11 suspect they are still there since nothing has changed status-wise nor have I been billed. Expect them back in 2023, probably February. I wasn't going to do it but now that I have it will be the last time submitting books to either CGC or CBCS because it just isn't worth the hassle. If they ever get their TATs down to something approaching reasonable without sending directly to Texas on a "faster" (lol at that idea)service. So I give up premiums graded books can give. Well, when you might not even have a chance to cash in on trends then it's hardly worth the money spent.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector Fizbit private msg quote post Address this user
My first time submitting (and probably last). I realize the world changed 2 years ago... but that excuse has long run it's course.

Increasing fast-past fees is nothing more than a money grab, and is increasing the problem by shoving everyone else further back in the line. Pretty smart on CBCS's part... Anyone reading this forum is going to spend the extra on the fast-pass route.

I mean seriously, is there any reason for CBCS to actually change anything?

/rant off

CANADIAN SUBMISSION UPDATE

I submitted 6 modern to Canadian office July 8 2020

No screening, pressing, or pay to win fast-pass

(TAT was posted as 8 weeks at the time),

It's week 31 and still in 'processing', so the current 25 week TAT is also in need of major adjustment.

Still waiting on grading, encapsulating, labels, return shipping (am I missing anything else??)

3 unanswered emails, 3 unanswered voice messages, 1 direct message (unanswered) to sborock

Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Just got an email from customer service regarding my order from 6/20 (no fast anything)non-pressed order is in HeatSeal Pressed order is In Pressing.

Was that your SummerCon drop-off? Mine are dated 1/18/21 from that show, I dropped off two orders as well. One of books to be graded-only (which shows "labels" on the invoice) and the other of books to be pressed and then graded with some requiring signature verification. That one still shows as "submitted/received" so hopefully those hit pressing soon as well. I just wish I would get emails alerting me as you mentioned you got, nothing in the spam/junk mail folder for me.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizbit yeah neither CGC or CBCS have little impetus to change things. I mean everyone is chasing the dollar so collectors aren't going to stop submitting and as long as that happens CBCS and CGC have no need to really do anything to make it better for all customers. The better off customers will ship directly past pass or other fast service, both will keep having signing events, etc. Unless the bottom line takes a nose dive there's zero motivating change.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
@Bobashek Quote:
Just got an email from customer service regarding my order from 6/20 (no fast anything)non-pressed order is in HeatSeal Pressed order is In Pressing.

Was that your SummerCon drop-off? Mine are dated 1/18/21 from that show, I dropped off two orders as well. One of books to be graded-only (which shows "labels" on the invoice) and the other of books to be pressed and then graded with some requiring signature verification. That one still shows as "submitted/received" so hopefully those hit pressing soon as well. I just wish I would get emails alerting me as you mentioned you got, nothing in the spam/junk mail folder for me.

Yep, that is the order. I actually have not gotten any notification emails. I just emailed customer service to get that last update. My dashboard is a bit behind which I understand. I was pretty amazed to see them say my pressing order is moving.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Just received email on two orders.
Received June 10 ready to ship one sig ver no press
Received July 1 shipped nothing special
Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost A Swamp Thing #1? I'm jealous. The one written by the comic god Alan Moore?
Post 494 IP   flag post
@Scifinator So if Labels takes 2-3 months, I'm still waiting for that long? For an order from March/April (7 months ago)? I'm not mad, just trying to understand. I know things are crazy weird right now.

I guess I'm just trying to build a timeframe/schedule of when to submit additional comics. I'll prob just send an order of 10 comics a month or so.
Post 495 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder You hit the nail on the head, good sir.
Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector DVSCHO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
@Bobashek Quote:

My regular order no press no sign was from summercon and shows completed as of last week. So hopefully that gives you an idea
Post 497 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the email, my order from March (press, grade and VSP)is ready to be shipped! I skipped labels, etc. on the dashboard. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to actually ship these out?

Also anyone else waiting on the Bob Layton event back in September? Still just showing received, and don't know how long to expect or if it follows the same TAT as a normal submission. Did a CGC event last summer and the whole process took two months, so I'm just trying to get a bead on how long it'll be.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
@Scifinator So if Labels takes 2-3 months, I'm still waiting for that long? For an order from March/April (7 months ago)? I'm not mad, just trying to understand. I know things are crazy weird right now.

I guess I'm just trying to build a timeframe/schedule of when to submit additional comics. I'll prob just send an order of 10 comics a month or so.

@PhantomStranger271 - not necessarily. Again it may have actually moved to labels the day you were notified or several weeks before the update appeared. Bottom line is you are somewhere on the back nine. You may teeing off on the 15th hole or putting on the 18th.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271

@PhantomStranger271 - not necessarily. Again it may have actually moved to labels the day you were notified or several weeks before the update appeared. Bottom line is you are somewhere on the back nine. You may teeing off on the 15th hole or putting on the 18th.

Or getting ready to head to the 19th for that celebratory drink!
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector dartelum private msg quote post Address this user
Update: received my order sent May 28th 2021 today. 10 comics all modern no press 2 VSP. So 33 Weeks total from when CBCS got them. Hopefully that timeline gives others an idea of how long to expect.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanfriendly
Just got the email, my order from March (press, grade and VSP)is ready to be shipped! I skipped labels, etc. on the dashboard. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to actually ship these out?

Also anyone else waiting on the Bob Layton event back in September? Still just showing received, and don't know how long to expect or if it follows the same TAT as a normal submission. Did a CGC event last summer and the whole process took two months, so I'm just trying to get a bead on how long it'll be.

Just like that, it was shipped out with a tracking number. After months of hearing nothing and seeing no updates, three emails in two days and my books are on their way back to me, all sigs verified, and with better grades than I could've hoped for (9.4 on a book I read to absolute death before I learned how to care for books, and two 9.8s!)

Honestly the last 11 months have been incredibly frustrating at times, and I learned a lot for the next time I submit books, but honestly seeing those scores and knowing how close I am to having my books back makes it all worth it. I'm so excited.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartelum
Update: received my order sent May 28th 2021 today. 10 comics all modern no press 2 VSP. So 33 Weeks total from when CBCS got them. Hopefully that timeline gives others an idea of how long to expect.

Thanks for posting this, my order must be getting close.

I sent my submission the day after yours (May 29th) and mine have been in labels for 3 months.
Post 503 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator
Howdy, just checking in. What is the current TAT?
I have an 8.12.21 submission. I must be getting close???
Thanks bud.
Post 504 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizbit
My first time submitting (and probably last). I realize the world changed 2 years ago... but that excuse has long run it's course.

Increasing fast-past fees is nothing more than a money grab, and is increasing the problem by shoving everyone else further back in the line. Pretty smart on CBCS's part... Anyone reading this forum is going to spend the extra on the fast-pass route.

I mean seriously, is there any reason for CBCS to actually change anything?

/rant off

CANADIAN SUBMISSION UPDATE

I submitted 6 modern to Canadian office July 8 2020

No screening, pressing, or pay to win fast-pass

(TAT was posted as 8 weeks at the time),

It's week 31 and still in 'processing', so the current 25 week TAT is also in need of major adjustment.

Still waiting on grading, encapsulating, labels, return shipping (am I missing anything else??)

3 unanswered emails, 3 unanswered voice messages, 1 direct message (unanswered) to sborock

Did you try knocking on the door or ringing the door bell?
Maybe they didn't hear you.
Try knocking a little LOUDER!

Or, if you are real nice, ask my buddy Jesse_O.
He has helped a few of us here find out submission status.
Hope you can get an update soon. PS... Stay warm if possible.
Post 505 IP   flag post
601318 1000 30