Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you are looking for authentication without slabbing, you could do it through Beckett signature confirmation.

It's quick and dirty, and you dont get anything official. But you do get peace of mind that it passed or failed to be verified.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
So I created my order (20-3F259AD) back in November 9, 2020. And it is now Jan 19, 2022. Over 4-months it has been on Ship-To-Canada and I still haven’t received anything. No correspondence either.

Is there anyway I can change this to have it shipped directly to me? Instead of sending it to the Canada office? Not even sure if that’s the reason why it’s taking so long?

Please… anyone, help.
Post 452 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
So does a pressing fast pass increase that 1.7 year TAT? Asking for a friend.
Post 453 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Fast pass cuts time in half. I would suggest it on pressing and grading if you can afford it.

Edit.
Each is a separate cost
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Unknownworlds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtruong008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.

As of 12:57PM today, looks like my books have been graded, and now in the production area to be slabbed. No grades listed or any of that, but it's nice to finally have an update. Hopefully the books will be home soon.

As of this afternoon, my books have shipped and my dashboard has been updated with all my books and their grades (with the exception of one VSP that was rejected). Essentially, 7 months. Hopefully they are back safely sometime next week.

As of roughly 10:50am, my books have arrived from CBCS. So, 33 weeks from the date it arrived at CBCS.

My 28 VSP modern book order was received end of May and is still in labels. Hopefully it'll ship out this month.
Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
My June 1 2021 submission (21-1DF72F1) has been in Labels for 2 and a half months now. I am guessing there is a big log jam at this stage.

Hoping to see this shipped out soon.

Quick question - I selected FedEx as the return shipper (I shipped to the Canada location) will my order come straight back to me or back to the Ontario location first?

Cheers
Post 456 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownworlds
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.

As of 12:57PM today, looks like my books have been graded, and now in the production area to be slabbed. No grades listed or any of that, but it's nice to finally have an update. Hopefully the books will be home soon.

As of this afternoon, my books have shipped and my dashboard has been updated with all my books and their grades (with the exception of one VSP that was rejected). Essentially, 7 months. Hopefully they are back safely sometime next week.

As of roughly 10:50am, my books have arrived from CBCS. So, 33 weeks from the date it arrived at CBCS.

My 28 VSP modern book order was received end of May and is still in labels. Hopefully it'll ship out this month.

That’s unlikely… if you do, please let me know. Been waiting for my books since DEC 2020! 17 books still sitting in ShipToCanada status for 3+ months!
Post 457 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23
My June 1 2021 submission (21-1DF72F1) has been in Labels for 2 and a half months now. I am guessing there is a big log jam at this stage.

Quick question - I selected FedEx as the return shipper (I shipped to the Canada location) will my order come straight back to me or back to the Ontario location first?

Cheers

Man, if you get yours before my DEC 2020 submission, then they need to find my books and payout all those books out if they’re lost.

It’s getting ridiculous.
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23

Cheers
ontario location first then FedEx from there to you.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector BrenoMp private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for helping me on my first CBCS order, especially @dielinfinite. I got my Judge Dredd #25, signed and sketched by one of favorite artists Brendan McCarthy. Very glad I went for the original art option, as it seems the paint bled through the comic.
Post 460 IP   flag post

Post 461 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@BrenoMp I’m glad you were able to get that taken care of and that you got the book back so quickly!

What options did you use to submit? 2-Day Modern?
Post 462 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I used the original art option. I was surprised it came back so fast. Maybe since I only got it slabbed as art and not graded? Or beginners luck?
Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I used that and they said the item would likely pass. The item did not pass when I sent it in.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector DVSCHO private msg quote post Address this user
Grades posted and order closed, assume shipping soon. My order was submitted at a con June 19th, 2020 for situation awareness. All 5 were modern no fast no press. But they all came back 9.8 so that’s great news 😃
Post 465 IP   flag post
@Whammykablam
Sorry to hear that. That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening. My personal experience with them has been kinda weird. They claimed they couldn't tell given the pictures and refunded my money. When I mailed the book in, it passed.... go figure.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Sent my 1st shipment in 09/21. Went into processing 11/21. 2nd shipment sent 10/21. In processing 12/21. Neither has moved since then. Don't know if I'll be using any grading service after this. Will probably just sell my raw comics to buy already graded comics that I really want.
Post 467 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
My first order has made it to labels. Can anyone tell me about how long (in terms of time please) that stage lasts?
Post 468 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I've been in labels for a couple of months so far.
Post 469 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
My first order has made it to labels. Can anyone tell me about how long (in terms of time please) that stage lasts?
@PhantomStranger271 - Could be in "labels" for hours, weeks to even a couple/few months. If the Labels notification was delayed and Grading was completed sometime ago, it will be on the quicker side. However, if it actual just went to labels with a near immediate notification, it will likely be at least a couple of months as that appears to be one of the biggest logjam areas (Labels - HeatSeal - Encapsulation zone). Most never see HeatSeal and Encapsulation updates.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Got the ,comic is shipping email for first order in March. had to cheat and look at grade. I was dead on with my guess. now one more order of 5 moderns sent in a week later.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Once your order shows complete in the dash board what is everyone experiencing for shipping times (stateside)
Post 472 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@DVSCHO Completed means it has shipped, so it should be 1-5 days depending on how far you live from Dallas shipped back to yiu by FedEx which is standard.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@DVSCHO Completed means it has shipped, so it should be 1-5 days depending on how far you live from Dallas shipped back to yiu by FedEx which is standard.
thanks 🙏
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator ok, I'm confused. My dashboard still says "Processing" and when I click the invoice, I see "Grading".

But customer service yesterday emailed me back since I asked for an update/status just to see. They told me my order was in "Labels". I know everyone I have spoken to is CBCS oriented/connected in some way, I just don't who's the input I should agree with? Does that make sense?
Post 475 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 - that is what i was alluding to. While we may see stutus of “Grading” on te external dashboard, it may actually be further along. In your case, it is already in labels. Labels to shipping steps seem to be taking 2-3 months, but if your external dashboard doesn’t get updated, you may not see “Labels” for a while, and then, maybe just a few hours or days if already in shipping fir instance. Keep in mind, some reports in Dec had people receiving their comics back before the dashboard was even marked shipped or completed.
Post 476 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 just know it won't be long at all now.1 got my swamp thing 1 back today from March, it was pressed.for a book I bought off the rack as a kid I guess it wasn't too bad a grade. 8.5 with white pages.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicskablooey
I submitted books in august that I received and I have an order since June, that I was told by Peter would be done in December and now they changed it to possibly June or later. that's some straight bullshit considering I submitted 15 orders to cgc and have gotten 6 back and cgc is supposed to be having a bigger delay. I have begun to send my comics to egscomicsgrading.com, even though they are new they give an automatic 10% off an order of 10 comics or more. No membership needed and they're sig verification is only 10 per sig. The ability to take on work that you can't complete in a reasonable time is ridiculous.
What are the cases like?
Post 478 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
I submitted books in august that I received and I have an order since June, that I was told by Peter would be done in December and now they changed it to possibly June or later. that's some straight bullshit considering I submitted 15 orders to cgc and have gotten 6 back and cgc is supposed to be having a bigger delay. I have begun to send my comics to egscomicsgrading.com, even though they are new they give an automatic 10% off an order of 10 comics or more. No membership needed and they're sig verification is only 10 per sig. The ability to take on work that you can't complete in a reasonable time is ridiculous.
What are the cases like?

Fabulous, I'm sure. I would just tell you as someone who's been slabbing almost since the beginning, don't get caught up in this. Nothing good will come from having your books slabbed by a company with no reputation. You will just end up frustrated that no one wants to pay anything close to FMV for your slabbed books. Take it from someone who's been there before. A grading company needs to come with a built in reputation and, to some degree, a built in client base of dealers. If they don't start with these things, it's very unlikely they will grow into them.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
What are the cases like?

@timberghost - Don’t fall prey to the advertisement, unless you just want to encase for protection only.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601492 1000 30