Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
It is now 7 months for two books smh nothing has changed on my invoice. Still only in sub status.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dameki
44 weeks in for 16 books press screen no fast pass or fast press and one book VSP. Books have been in labels since end of November. Makes it hard not to check every day on status when I'm this close to getting them back. At least with all this waiting some of the books will be worth more if they graded well enough.

What comes after labels, where my march orders seem to be vacationing.
Post 427 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost - most typically one would see shipping next. But, technically, heat seal, encasement, and QC are in between Labels & Shipping. Most of the time one doesn’t see those, though.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
After labels they go to a small island called “frustration island” where they have all u can eat buffets and lounge chairs for your slabs - then if they want to leave the island - they will get shipped to you from there - usually 6-8 weeks later
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector DVSCHO private msg quote post Address this user
@Happyfacecomics so what happens when your stuff has been in labels for 19 weeks 🤔. Is this like an extended stay packaged for VIP members? Or did my comics get stranded on a carnival cruise?
Post 430 IP   flag post

Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DVSCHO
UNFORTUNATELY it sounds like your slabs are in comic quarantine and continue to test positive - remember you can’t leave the “labels” island and go to “shipping” island without a negative test ! So stay on the S.S. CBCS CARNIVAL cruise lines and enjoy the ride !!!
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector Comicskablooey private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted books in august that I received and I have an order since June, that I was told by Peter would be done in December and now they changed it to possibly June or later. that's some straight bullshit considering I submitted 15 orders to cgc and have gotten 6 back and cgc is supposed to be having a bigger delay. I have begun to send my comics to egscomicsgrading.com, even though they are new they give an automatic 10% off an order of 10 comics or more. No membership needed and they're sig verification is only 10 per sig. The ability to take on work that you can't complete in a reasonable time is ridiculous.
Post 432 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I looked up EGS signature verification. They honor COAs. Considering that anyone with a printer and computer can generate a COA, that hardly generates confidence in their abilities.

Here is a cut and paste....

If your raw book is signed and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA), we will honor the COA and authenticate the validity of the signature within our Expert Certified™ service parameters
Post 433 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So I looked up EGS signature verification. They honor COAs. Considering that anyone with a printer and computer can generate a COA, that hardly generates confidence in their abilities.

Here is a cut and paste....

If your raw book is signed and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA), we will honor the COA and authenticate the validity of the signature within our Expert Certified™ service parameters

I just read the same thing! I found it more interesting that if they can't verify there's another form they may require that sounds a lot like a "Yup, this signature is indeed from so and so, take my word for it!!!" and would be from the owner of the book.
Post 434 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Whynotv2

Very true. So now I know where to go if I get rejected from CBCS, and I need to pass on my questionable signatures to unsuspecting collectors... SMH
Post 435 IP   flag post
So how does cbcs verify signatures. I recently saw an interview with Tony the president of the company and he says that they verify with software when there is no cert. If you are a person of integrity then you submit without the cert. I sent in a bunch of J scott campbell comics and they all came back right away. They also returned my certs. Did this help expedite my service? I won't know because I have no idea if they really accept the fact that they are valid with is seal on them. Also this is a relatively new company, so I'm sure its also going to be a learning curve on what the customer wants and doesn't want. Finally, I've been going to sdcc for 30 years and have been getting my books signed by alot of artist. I don't think I need to pay someone to verify that I have an authentic sig, most of my Lim and Marz surfer run is signed by both, I just want them graded and encapsulated to protect them. if you have questions hit them up on IG, they answered me with in an hour of my message and then did a follow up. Get your questions out of the way...cbcs is not the end all none of them are and I hope more companies spring up to lower my cost and help turn-around times.
Post 436 IP   flag post
I can't answer all the questions posed, but I do have one comment on signatures. The verification of signatures is not for you. It's for the person that eventually buys the books from you. You may know for a fact you got the signature in person, but the guy buying the book from you, doesn't know you from the next guy.

For example, in the 1990s I knew a guy that said he got signatures from todd mcfarlane in a texas convention. While he did get 1 signature, I know he forged a signature and passed it off to the LCS. At the time they had no known way of verification and took the guy at his word.

Not saying you are that underhanded, just saying there are folks out there that do stuff like that.

As for how CBCS verifies signatures, their parent company is Beckett and they certify signatures for all kinds of stuff like celebrities and such. They are one of the biggest names in the business.
Post 437 IP   flag post
Collector mikii08 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll add to conversation here by just saying I submitted one book back in May 2021, press and grading. It's "processing" and now TAT is 50 weeks. I'm just paranoid it will get lost in the shuffle somehow. I wanted to send only one book since I've never done this before and I have a really small collection. Hope it comes back to me eventually! I don't mind delays, but I also don't understand that is my book just being pushed behind those who paid for the fast pass or whatever and this could go on in perpetuity?
Post 438 IP   flag post
In theory, eventually all books will be addressed, but you are correct. Those paying a premium will get to have their books finished faster than the standard submission.

While it may not seem fair, it is a matter of perspective. I knew I would wait forever, so I opted to pay extra for my book to be expedited. Everyone had that same opportunity when submitting their books. They chose whatever they chose and that choice is what they need to live with.

Edit

For what its worth, of all the books I've submitted to CBCS, I have been happy with the end results. Pressing was especially effective and boosted quite a few of my books. It's unfortunate that TAT, are so extreme now and I might need to go to 3rd party on my next submission to CBCS.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikii08
I'll add to conversation here by just saying I submitted one book back in May 2021, press and grading. It's "processing" and now TAT is 50 weeks. I'm just paranoid it will get lost in the shuffle somehow. I wanted to send only one book since I've never done this before and I have a really small collection. Hope it comes back to me eventually! I don't mind delays, but I also don't understand that is my book just being pushed behind those who paid for the fast pass or whatever and this could go on in perpetuity?

Same for me (September 3, 2021), only with the addition of a signature verification. I received one email roughly a month ago saying it moved to pressing, but don't know if that comes before or after verification. My invoice status hasn't changed and I've messaged a couple of folk here that work for the company and never seem to get replies. By my math, I should get it back somewhere around November/December of this year.
Post 440 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@mikii08 @Whynotv2 - As @Bronte pointed out, in theory yes your (our) submissions do get line cutter (higher priced tiers & Fast Pass/Press) submissions placed ahead. I know some disagree and hate this concept but it is the reality and gamble that we chose. I say we and our because I also have about 1,200 comics between 32 submissions that I sent to CBCS between the end of May and mid September. Of those 32, I purposely chose not to pay for Fast Pass or Fast Press, but do have 1 submission of 5 comics with 1 Day, Rapid, and Quickstream mixed in. That mid-September submission will likely jump ahead of 29-31 of my other submissions. Not because I want it to, but it is the business model. And, I say it is an appropriate business model.

CBCS makes their profit from those higher cost tiers. The low cost tiers, which most of us choose to use, likely keeps them busy when there is not that much high cost tiers in the pipeline, gives them scale for supply orders, but probably barely enough profit to keep the doors open by themselves, if at all.

This is an extraordinary time, and the economy routes are getting caught up in it.

@Whynotv2 - hate to say it, but I might guess that unless CBCS is able to miraculously cut the TAT's (maybe people stop sending in new press submissions or they pick up new Press units to operate) you are probably looking at late December at best.
Post 441 IP   flag post
I think theres a misunderstanding, cbcs is not in it to loose money. Their doors won't close unless theres crazy salaries and expenses that they are miss managing. The way the market has been thanks to covid should have kept them in check, and people should realize that if they are misspending then it is the cause of their own actions. I recall I paid for shipping there and back,I paid for the service to be graded and for the capsule to put the book in.
Post 442 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Of the four orders I dropped off two weeks ago, two of them are all rapid/quickstream/2-day. I should see those back in the spring. The other two ... well, one's expanded/consumer. And the last - modern, pressing, sig verification. I'm guessing sometime in 2023 on that one.

Meanwhile, I think I'll do my part to bring down TATs by not sending anything else in for now. I don't mind waiting, but a year and a half for a pressed modern is just a bit much.
Post 443 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly I'm thinking about buying my own press at this point just so I can send books in for grading and get them back faster.
Post 444 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
I don't mind waiting, but a year and a half for a pressed modern is just a bit much.

This is where I'm at also.
Every individual has a point where they just say "no more". I can't do it.
And the 1 year pressing option, with a total TAT of 1.5 years, is just not an option for me anymore.

I utilize my own presser anyway, but I do use CBCS pressing for submissions at conventions when I'm going around obtaining autographs. That's going to have to change.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector jtruong008 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtruong008
Quote:
Quote:
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.

As of 12:57PM today, looks like my books have been graded, and now in the production area to be slabbed. No grades listed or any of that, but it's nice to finally have an update. Hopefully the books will be home soon.

As of this afternoon, my books have shipped and my dashboard has been updated with all my books and their grades (with the exception of one VSP that was rejected). Essentially, 7 months. Hopefully they are back safely sometime next week.

As of roughly 10:50am, my books have arrived from CBCS. So, 33 weeks from the date it arrived at CBCS.
Post 446 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.

As of 12:57PM today, looks like my books have been graded, and now in the production area to be slabbed. No grades listed or any of that, but it's nice to finally have an update. Hopefully the books will be home soon.

As of this afternoon, my books have shipped and my dashboard has been updated with all my books and their grades (with the exception of one VSP that was rejected). Essentially, 7 months. Hopefully they are back safely sometime next week.

As of roughly 10:50am, my books have arrived from CBCS. So, 33 weeks from the date it arrived at CBCS.

Congrats! That would be early June that CBCS received your books....may I ask if you sent your books directly to Dallas or to Oakville?
Post 447 IP   flag post
Collector jtruong008 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Congrats! That would be early June that CBCS received your books....may I ask if you sent your books directly to Dallas or to Oakville?

I sent it directly to Dallas.
Post 448 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I sent it directly to Dallas.

Thanks!
Post 449 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
So are 2 day moderns still a 2 week TAT or more? Also, how does just a Signature Verification and Encapsulation work? Does anyone know? I don’t particularly need the book graded. Just the signature verifications.
Post 450 IP   flag post
If you are looking for authentication without slabbing, you could do it through Beckett signature confirmation.

It's quick and dirty, and you dont get anything official. But you do get peace of mind that it passed or failed to be verified.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
So I created my order (20-3F259AD) back in November 9, 2020. And it is now Jan 19, 2022. Over 4-months it has been on Ship-To-Canada and I still haven’t received anything. No correspondence either.

Is there anyway I can change this to have it shipped directly to me? Instead of sending it to the Canada office? Not even sure if that’s the reason why it’s taking so long?

Please… anyone, help.
Post 452 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
So does a pressing fast pass increase that 1.7 year TAT? Asking for a friend.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Fast pass cuts time in half. I would suggest it on pressing and grading if you can afford it.

Edit.
Each is a separate cost
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Unknownworlds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My 28 VSP modern book order was received end of May and is still in labels. Hopefully it'll ship out this month.
Post 455 IP   flag post
598060 1000 30