Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@jtruong008 I just got my Feb 2021 order back about 3 weeks ago (pressing) - looks like VSP was quicker than a press - hopefully soon.

Thing that sucks now is the graders notes haven't been released- I messaged Jesse_O a while ago but no news (maybe a delay with the holidays and all?)
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Am I mistaken but don’t you start counting from June 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtruong008
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Elvinv I think it's actually July!
Post 303 IP   flag post
Wow I really thought was when they received it in house and then they would back date it to the that date. So someone’s books can sit around for a month or longer before you begin to start counting the TAT?
Post 304 IP   flag post
I was going by this information from Jesse O

uote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
So TAT is Modern 22 Weeks,
9 books received on may 17,
straight up grading. no press, no sig ver, no nothing.
so am at 26 weeks, ...

I just want to point out that the date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was created, not the date it was received. If you submitted at a con, TAT will start the Wednesday after the con. If the comics were shipped to CBCS, then the TAT starts the next business day after they physically are delivered to CBCS.2 months ago Post 9 • IP flag post
Post 305 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Am I mistaken but don’t you start counting from June 2?
Quote:
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.

@Elvinv - correct, from the date that CBCS receives your shipment at their door is basically the start of the estimated TAT. If dropped off at a convention, estimated TAT start on the Wednesday after the Con.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Based on the conversations, you start counting on June 3 for your TAT. You are at 31 weeks by the end of the week not 27.

Quote:

Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector jtruong008 private msg quote post Address this user
If that is the case, then hopefully it arrives soon. I got my books back from the other guys for straight grading, and those were sent to them later (had to space those out, wallet was already hurting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Based on the conversations, you start counting on June 3 for your TAT. You are at 31 weeks by the end of the week not 27.

Quote:

Post 308 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@jtruong008 did you go through the Oakville address or did you mail them directly to Dallas?
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector jtruong008 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@jtruong008 did you go through the Oakville address or did you mail them directly to Dallas?

Mailed directly to Dallas
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector fliporfrot private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock @spaulus could I get a status update on 21-1C8788A, please? Marked as received on 3/24/21, been "processing" for a long time now. Thanks!
Post 311 IP   flag post
Collector jsa private msg quote post Address this user
So what happens when you pay for a specified service with TAT and it's not met? Do we get partial refund?
Post 312 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, a full refund plus any damages you have incurred waiting around and doing nothing . You also get $44 a week credit for every week they go past the TAT date…………(sorry I was dreaming there for a minute about a perfect world )
Post 313 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa
So what happens when you pay for a specified service with TAT and it's not met? Do we get partial refund?

@jsa - TAT is an estimate and not an absolute nor a guarantee. That said, they have offered Guaranteed TAT's in the past, but the last time I saw that was in 2019.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone Still waiting on their submission that was sent on march? or am i the only one?
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
Anyone Still waiting on their submission that was sent on march? or am i the only one?

3/19/20 checking in. Pressing, VSP, and Grading. Hoping to see them by my birthday in June at this point.

Silver lining is that I've looked at independent pressers and found someone I really like that communicates and has a crazy turnaround time compared to CBCS. Sent in Iron Man 128 in August for the Bob Layton signing and he took care of everything. Now it's a race to see what I get back first, March batch or August event
Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
My order # - 21-1DF72F1 has been in "Labels" for 2 months. Is this normal?
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
In these times, I would say yes. That seem to be how long mine have been there.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
No it’s not Normal—— they should be in there at least 5 months - your lucky so far ! Just kidding be patient your books are in good hands .
Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
still cant believe my books delivered august 23rd isn't in the grading stage yet. no pressing, no sig, no imaging. modern slow track. still on processing - received (shows "submitted" in PDF).
Post 320 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@glow the grading stage is the fastest part of the process. I believe orders from early June have been finished so you have a couple months left to go.
Post 321 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow
still cant believe my books delivered august 23rd isn't in the grading stage yet. no pressing, no sig, no imaging. modern slow track. still on processing - received (shows "submitted" in PDF).
Im waiting on one “received” June 12. Delivered 3 weeks before that. You have a while still.
Post 322 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted books a month ago. Do I have to wait much longer?

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding folks
Post 323 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I submitted books a month ago. Do I have to wait much longer?

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding folks
You're more brave than me. I have a pile I just can't bring myself to send in.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up one order today. Dropped off four more.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Picked up one order today. Dropped off four more.
Shoot..... well ok. I have 3 there now but you guys are talking me into it. I'll let the pile grow for 2 or 3 more weeks first.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Jsmead1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow
mine are the same (no press, no sig verif, nothing extra - just grade and slab) & from the same time. Resigned to not checking statuses and only waiting for email updates.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
me got 2 I'm waiting on
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
I'm 30 weeks 3 days and counting on a modern grading only sub received on June 8th. I'm not sure why the website says 25 weeks for the TAT when that's obviously not close to being accurate.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty
I'm 30 weeks 3 days and counting on a modern grading only sub received on June 8th. I'm not sure why the website says 25 weeks for the TAT when that's obviously not close to being accurate.

The 25 weeks is the current tat, if I remember correctly Junes was longer and thats the one to count. Given the time elapsed I'd hazard a guess that you should get your books this or next month.
Post 330 IP   flag post
597970 1000 30