Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 Hippies r us! Love it! LOL!
Post 276 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Does this thread ever make you feel like Swampy on this cover?

Post 277 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Fanboy out. Catch me in any other thread from here on out.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I'm gonna miss you here li'l buddy.
Post 279 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Y'know - I saw a Andy Griffith episode a few weeks ago where Alan Hale Jr. called Don Knotts "Li'l buddy". I had always thought that line was unique to Gilligans Island and Gilligan.
The Andy Griffith episode pre-dated Gilligans Island I believe.

I think I read somewhere that Alan Hale used "li'l buddy" even in real life to his friends.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
I have tattoos on my thighs of Gilligan on one and the Skipper on the other.
Skipper's looking across at Gilligan with a speech bubble that says "hey there lil buddy".
Gilligan on the other thigh is looking at the Skipper with a speech bubble that says "you talkin' to me?"
Post 281 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Quote:

Y'know - I saw a Andy Griffith episode a few weeks ago where Alan Hale Jr. called Don Knotts "Li'l buddy". I had always thought that line was unique to Gilligans Island and Gilligan.
The Andy Griffith episode pre-dated Gilligans Island I believe.

I think I read somewhere that Alan Hale used "li'l buddy" even in real life to his friends.

Fun Fact: The Skipper's name on Gilligans Island; Jonas Grumby.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HeinzDad Does this thread ever make you feel like Swampy on this cover?

you leave my next submission out of this
Post 283 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Merry Christmas you lot! Comics make the best presents!

Post 284 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm Processing.....
https://mharwood.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Loading_Icon.gif

wake me when my order is in shipping....
Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector BrenoMp private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone here know the turnaround time for original art? No grading.
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
26 weeks
Post 287 IP   flag post
Collector BrenoMp private msg quote post Address this user
@Happyfacecomics For real? I just realized I forgot to pay for a fastpass on my invoice
Post 288 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@BrenoMp Probably a bit less but still expect a significant wait
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey random question, not sure this is the right forum.

I've been looking at my invoice and noticed different editions (Direct edition Newsstand edition, etc.) What do those mean? What are the differences? Any references/literature I can read to learn more?
Post 290 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Also, I believe I'm on week 38 of my order from April. It was supposed to be 36 weeks right?
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
Hey random question, not sure this is the right forum.

I've been looking at my invoice and noticed different editions (Direct edition Newsstand edition, etc.) What do those mean? What are the differences? Any references/literature I can read to learn more?

This website has a bunch of information on direct vs. newsstand: https://www.newsstand101.com/

I always thought it had to do with the existence of a UPC code on the cover, but it is a bit more involved than that. From a business perspective it seems the distributors went with the two formats because newsstand books were returnable for credit/refund if not sold and direct editions were not. I remember seeing a bunch of books in the 70's where the top half of the cover was cut off. I think that the distributor only required this small bit of the comic to be returned to prove the book went unsold.

Anyway, newsstand editions generally sell for more because of lower print runs, plus they tend to get beat up more than direct editions so are harder to find in higher grades.
Post 292 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
That's a good article but it focuses primarily on moderns. When you look at newsstands vs. direct editions, the rarity in high grade is flipped when one looks at the era in which direct editions were first introduced since there were so few of them.
This is an article that goes more in depth on the origin and progression of direct editions. Some of them are incredibly hard to find in high grade. While this may not be appreciated now just like with modern newsstands 5+ years ago, I think that will eventually change once more people become aware of how rare they are.
http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/Direct/index.php
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
Also, I believe I'm on week 38 of my order from April. It was supposed to be 36 weeks right?

Did you have pressing? If not, you should probably contact CBCS @sborock. You can DM your order information.

If you did have pressing, you should be in the home stretch, but I think I've mostly heard of people with February (maybe a few March)submissions getting their back so far.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo....I've had my books in hand for 2 or 3 weeks yet my dash still reads as 'shiptocanada' - any chance it will get updated and my graders notes will be released?

21-0771792
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
There is no chance ! Happy New Year !
Post 296 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Soooo....I've had my books in hand for 2 or 3 weeks yet my dash still reads as 'shiptocanada' - any chance it will get updated and my graders notes will be released?

21-0771792

Ignore the troll....PM @Jesse_O with your request. He got all of my submissions status changed and Graders Notes and Population report became visible. It took a few days though.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

21-0771792
Its been 4 months since I have received my books and nothing has been updated on the dashboard. Still says shiptocanada. Don't think it will get updated now. Just happy to have books back! rest is just a bonus if it happens.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
Quote:

21-0771792
Its been 4 months since I have received my books and nothing has been updated on the dashboard. Still says shiptocanada. Don't think it will get updated now. Just happy to have books back! rest is just a bonus if it happens.

Just curious, are the grading notes available when you search each issue individually? I've been aiming to sell some of mine and assuming potential buyers will be able to look up details via https://www.cbcscomics.com/grading-notes
Post 299 IP   flag post
Collector jtruong008 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.
Post 300 IP   flag post
@jtruong008 I just got my Feb 2021 order back about 3 weeks ago (pressing) - looks like VSP was quicker than a press - hopefully soon.

Thing that sucks now is the graders notes haven't been released- I messaged Jesse_O a while ago but no news (maybe a delay with the holidays and all?)
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Am I mistaken but don’t you start counting from June 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtruong008
I've been quietly lurking these turnaround times posts, just to get some insight on when the books I've submitted will be returning to me. This Friday would be the 27th week for VSP, from the date that the books were marked "Received" by CBCS.

- Mailed out May 24th, 2021
- Arrived on June 2nd, 2021
- Marked Received on July 2nd 2021
- Noticed it in Grading when clicking on the invoice number, and marked Labels on the Invoice PDF on Oct. 28, 2021 (not sure when it actually was marked to those, since I didn't check those until that date).

Hopefully sometime in the very near future, I will get those books back, but not holding my breath.
Post 302 IP   flag post
@Elvinv I think it's actually July!
Post 303 IP   flag post
Wow I really thought was when they received it in house and then they would back date it to the that date. So someone’s books can sit around for a month or longer before you begin to start counting the TAT?
Post 304 IP   flag post
I was going by this information from Jesse O

uote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
So TAT is Modern 22 Weeks,
9 books received on may 17,
straight up grading. no press, no sig ver, no nothing.
so am at 26 weeks, ...

I just want to point out that the date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was created, not the date it was received. If you submitted at a con, TAT will start the Wednesday after the con. If the comics were shipped to CBCS, then the TAT starts the next business day after they physically are delivered to CBCS.2 months ago Post 9 • IP flag post
Post 305 IP   flag post
600451 1000 30