Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Where did people go before to complain before forums and social media existed???? I’ll tell you where, no where. Does it make you feel better to complain thinking someone is reading them?
Post 251 IP   flag post
After said complaint is mashed into a keyboard and up on a monitor, do you fellas say to yourself, “yeah, now I feel better....”? I’m seriously trying to understand.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get why it's your problem. Where did you go to complain about people's posts on social media and blogs before they existed? I'll tell you where...nowhere. Does that make you feel better?

Also, "nowhere" is one word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
After said complaint is mashed into a keyboard and up on a monitor, do you fellas say to yourself, “yeah, now I feel better....”? I’m seriously trying to understand.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
So why did I pay for "2-day, Modern"??

What does 2-day mean?

I sent in 10 comics at a cost of almost $800 for grading/pressing. This is my first submission not via my LCS. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

@FuneralBill5150 - There are a couple of issues. It looks to me like you combined a 2-Day Modern with a standard Modern submission. When combining on one submission invoice, your TAT will revert to the slower tier. With that said, depending upon your grade, the Ultimate Fallout 4 were probably too valuable to qualify for the standard Mo
dern tier ($250 Max Val/comic) or the Consumer tier ($400 Max Val/comic).

While you saved some money in shipping by doing so, by combining the two tiers together on one submission, in essence you turned an estimated Press/Grade TAT of 11 weeks into an estimated 57 week TAT.
What you can do in the future, is create 2 separate submissions, bundle separately, but place in the same overshipper box that way you save money on the shipment to CBCS, though the shipments back will still cost you more than combining and receiving the slower estimated TAT.
Post 254 IP   flag post
You are right, it isn't my problem. I guess I happen to like the company so constant hatred bothers me a bit. I guess that's a personal problem I need to address. I'm in the same boat as all of you and I guess, personally, it doesn't really bother me.

I answered you, would you mind answering me?
Post 255 IP   flag post

Would I mind answering what? If you read my post I specifically say "I'm NOT complaining."

Quote:
You are right, it isn't my problem. I guess I happen to like the company so constant hatred bothers me a bit. I guess that's a personal problem I need to address. I'm in the same boat as all of you and I guess, personally, it doesn't really bother me.

Post 256 IP   flag post
Thank you, Scifinator. I wish the site stated that. When I put the titles in it didn't give me any option besides the tiers I picked, as you said, it must be the values. I will make two subs. next time. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
So why did I pay for "2-day, Modern"??

What does 2-day mean?

I sent in 10 comics at a cost of almost $800 for grading/pressing. This is my first submission not via my LCS. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

@FuneralBill5150 - There are a couple of issues. It looks to me like you combined a 2-Day Modern with a standard Modern submission. When combining on one submission invoice, your TAT will revert to the slower tier. With that said, depending upon your grade, the Ultimate Fallout 4 were probably too valuable to qualify for the standard Mo
dern tier ($250 Max Val/comic) or the Consumer tier ($400 Max Val/comic).

While you saved some money in shipping by doing so, by combining the two tiers together on one submission, in essence you turned an estimated Press/Grade TAT of 11 weeks into an estimated 57 week TAT.
What you can do in the future, is create 2 separate submissions, bundle separately, but place in the same overshipper box that way you save money on the shipment to CBCS, though the shipments back will still cost you more than combining and receiving the slower estimated TAT.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Would I mind answering what? If you read my post I specifically say "I'm NOT complaining."

Quote:

And there you have it... Check my posts before your's, there you'll see who I was talking to. At no point did I quote you.
Post 258 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we're at the "things are getting heated" point on the rotisserie wheel.
Next will be my headache.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm good, I bow out. Its just not worth it.
Post 260 IP   flag post
I accept my dumbassedness award on the evening.
Post 261 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm good, I bow out. Its just not worth it.

I hear you bud!! Its definitely not worth it.
Post 262 IP   flag post
amen
Post 263 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nah, not at all....you can't enlighten one's that are determined to complain.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
I knew the CBCS DEFENDERS would pop up to jump to the defense of a company that routinely ignores customer requests for basic information. I am not talking only about TAT here either. Basic stuff about how to submit, address change requests and so on. It's possible that the grading company we prefer is also crappy at customer service. The DEFENDERS are here though to make sure that no company fault passes without a proper response from the MIGHTY CBCS DEFENDERS! What I like best is how these responses are very often an internal discussion lamenting the repeated nature of the discussion on the forums. Where else are the new customer's supposed to go when they are ghosted by customer service? The fact that the conversation repeats so often on the forums is a reflection that customer service is STILL not responsive. Phone calls, emails, DM's ... ghosting. Stop taking a dump on the new people who are legitimately seeking some reassurance about their collectibles.

@Silverado I think you misrepresent the situation and misrepresent the forum members. People who come here seeking information and reassurance get that from the forum members. Just look at this thread. It's full of information, answers and reassurance that what they are experiencing is not cause for panic. Many accept those answers and information. They move on or become contributing members of the forum themselves. But there are a few who are not interested in the answers they receive. They clearly want to be treated differently than the rest of us. They continue to request additional attention and resources from a company that is clearly stretched thin trying to serve all of us. In coming to the forum and asking questions they are properly using the forum community for it's intended purposes. In refusing to accept those answers and posting constant complaints, those handful of people are no longer using the forum and community appropriately. Nobody's telling them they can't do it, but getting pushback from members of the community is a possibility.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
I knew the CBCS DEFENDERS would pop up to jump to the defense of a company that routinely ignores customer requests for basic information. I am not talking only about TAT here either. Basic stuff about how to submit, address change requests and so on. It's possible that the grading company we prefer is also crappy at customer service. The DEFENDERS are here though to make sure that no company fault passes without a proper response from the MIGHTY CBCS DEFENDERS! What I like best is how these responses are very often an internal discussion lamenting the repeated nature of the discussion on the forums. Where else are the new customer's supposed to go when they are ghosted by customer service? The fact that the conversation repeats so often on the forums is a reflection that customer service is STILL not responsive. Phone calls, emails, DM's ... ghosting. Stop taking a dump on the new people who are legitimately seeking some reassurance about their collectibles.

@Silverado I think you misrepresent the situation and misrepresent the forum members. People who come here seeking information and reassurance get that from the forum members. Just look at this thread. It's full of information, answers and reassurance that what they are experiencing is not cause for panic. Many accept those answers and information. They move on or become contributing members of the forum themselves. But there are a few who are not interested in the answers they receive. They clearly want to be treated differently than the rest of us. They continue to request additional attention and resources from a company that is clearly stretched thin trying to serve all of us. In coming to the forum and asking questions they are properly using the forum community for it's intended purposes. In refusing to accept those answers and posting constant complaints, those handful of people are no longer using the forum and community appropriately. Nobody's telling them they can't do it, but getting pushback from members of the community is a possibility.
dang, the best post I've seen in a coons age. Thank you for that refreshing post.no attack just a slice of straight up facts. KUDOS
Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea! This guy knows what’s going on! When the customer service is terrible and everyone agrees, but we get responses from the forum that is monitored..Honestly this is the best way to get information and get your “complaints” seen. So your claim of people “complaining” which surmounts to people just requesting information is invalid. But please tell us again how we should never complain about customer service or illegitimate TATs??
Post 267 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm sorry @HeinzDad you are not the winner tonight. If you truly want this award you are going to have to work harder.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
This guy knows how to Fanboy! Right on.
Post 269 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
If Peter Parker picked a peck of sour pumpkins from the Green Goblins' pumpkin patch.
How many sour pumpkins did Peter Parker pick? Wait, that's got nothing to do with me.

Where are my comics??? Where are they??? When can I have them back? When I say.
I'm tired of waiting. I'm gonna take my comics and go home. There. Take that.

Where's my blanky? and my ba-ba???
Why are grown-ass men complaining so much?

And if there is so much disgruntlement, why are those guys still here. Just take your comics and go somewhere else and complain! We are all in line waiting for our gems to come back. So let's all take a deep breath. Don't forget to exhale.
Now, where are those sour pumpkins Peter Parker picked????
Post 270 IP   flag post
So many newbs sounding the wambulance alarm that's for sure. @Nearmint67 well said....we are indeed all in this together waiting. The Defenders or fanboys of CBCS as the newbs say is not really telling the whole story....while we are fans and defenders of the best grading company out there, we're also mature enough or been around long enough to understand the realities of the grading landscape/market.

EVERYONE wants their books back.
Post 271 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

EVERYONE wants their books back.

No one knows that better than I. Trust me. It's a 4 day holiday weekend at CBCS, but I will be working Friday and Monday to get as many books graded as I possibly can during that time.

I truly want everyone to get their books back.(And as fast as possible!)
Post 272 IP   flag post
@sborock we all recognize and appreciate the time you put in grading....we all thank you for that! That being said, please do take time off with family and friends especially over the holidays. Cheers Steve 🍻
Post 273 IP   flag post
@GAC Thanks! Pam and I will be spending much needed quality time Saturday and Sunday.
Post 274 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Excellent.....
You know staring at these funny books for toooo long, can make your hair grow!
lol... hippies r us.... enjoy man friend!
Post 275 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Hippies r us! Love it! LOL!
Post 276 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Does this thread ever make you feel like Swampy on this cover?

Post 277 IP   flag post
Fanboy out. Catch me in any other thread from here on out.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm gonna miss you here li'l buddy.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I'm gonna miss you here li'l buddy.

Y'know - I saw a Andy Griffith episode a few weeks ago where Alan Hale Jr. called Don Knotts "Li'l buddy". I had always thought that line was unique to Gilligans Island and Gilligan.
The Andy Griffith episode pre-dated Gilligans Island I believe.

I think I read somewhere that Alan Hale used "li'l buddy" even in real life to his friends.
Post 280 IP   flag post
600656 1000 30