Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector glow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnaround
Quick update to give some people hope in their comic status. Im close to seeing light at the the end of the tunnel. Lol. My comic submission of 10 modern comics with no pressing, 1 VSP was just shipped out. These comics were sent in Late May and will be arriving sometime in my residence this week. Cant wait. I got 8-9.8s,1-9.6, and 1-9.9 comic so I'm satisfied with the grading results.

congrats! just wondering, was your 9.9 pressed by a 3rd party?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty
@timberghost

I think this is the tat you were looking for

kinda, but it is what it is. Can't do nothing but go with the flow
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotv2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comjon
6 months ( today ) no books no help
10 months today. 276 days what was that tat again?

You're roughly 56 days too early excluding holidays given 5 days in a work week.
so you remember what the tat was back in March
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
It was like 15 weeks.
Post 229 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, so after 10 weeks of weekly “reminders” Darryl confirmed that my order delivered on May 20th has been found and that it should appear on my dashboard soon. He said it will be backdated, which would indicate it should enter grading pretty quickly since I’m at about 30.5 weeks
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotv2
Quote:
Quote:
6 months ( today ) no books no help
10 months today. 276 days what was that tat again?

You're roughly 56 days too early excluding holidays given 5 days in a work week.
so you remember what the tat was back in March

I based my "56 days early" on the information provided in the post.
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! My order shipped off Feb. 27 and received March 2 is ready!

Now to just see if I can wrangle a time during the holiday week to go pick it up!
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
6 months since I submitted my books. September 30 I received email that CBCS received said books, charged my cc October. Nothing! I posted some of my frustrations about tat and how am I to know when I will get my books Sborock I guess read my post he contacted me, he wrote that I dm him,I did!he must not have gotten it? then asked That I email him I did. That was 12/14 I have heard nothing back.This is so crazy I can't be given a tim e when I Will get my books SMH
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
... This is so crazy ...

Agreed. Customer service at CBCS is atrocious.
Post 234 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
Quote:
... This is so crazy ...

Agreed, quote a guy with zero proof reading skills all down to one sentence that fits your view. You do good job!
Post 235 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad We all have the same information. We all have been reading this thread long enough to have a pretty good idea what the situation is and how long the current ride is. When people keep complaining about lack of "updates", I suspect it just means they don't want to accept the information that is right here in front of them. I suspect they are really just hoping to be loud enough to get their books prioritized ahead of the rest of us.
Post 236 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda shocked that this particular thread was actually quiet for ... like.... 24 hours.
Then someone turned on a switch again.

Now I'll wait for "how long in labels", "what is processing", "why does it take so long to hit the dashboard", "my books are lost because no dashboard" , "it's been XX weeks where are my books", "how come this....", "This stinks", "That is awful" ,etc, etc, etc.

Then I'll respond by saying don't pay attention to the dashboard it's not accurate. The long time forum members will respond with don't worry your books are safe. Then the explanation that CBCS got hit with a boatload of books that severely impacted TATs. Then things will get heated. I'll get a headache again. Things will quiet down again.

And it will all start up again like a Phoenix reborn. Groundhog Day the Sequel.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector DVSCHO private msg quote post Address this user
Why do CGC books garner a higher price statistically on all storefronts and auction sites compared to CBCS? Is this the same as PSA vs. Beckett vs. the newer kid (CGC)?
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Just submitted my 2nd order with CBCS. I figure if I'm still waiting on my 1st order, I might as well have more reasons to wait.

Keep trucking CBCS.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSCHO
Why do CGC books garner a higher price statistically on all storefronts and auction sites compared to CBCS? Is this the same as PSA vs. Beckett vs. the newer kid (CGC)?

@DVSCHO CGC has the benefit of being the well-established market standard long before CBCS entered the market. Some people will buy only CGC because they want to enter it into their collection on the CGC site. More likely, people will chose CGC over same grade CBCS because it will be easier to resell. In my experience Mycomicshop.com is a better place to sell CBCS comics than Ebay. And fixed price listings are a better way to go than auctions. Final auction prices are determined by the last 2 bidders. If one of those bidders wants only CGC, it can have a significant impact on final selling price. I've found that with fixed price listings on Mycomicshop.com CBCS books can get similar prices to CGC but will take longer to sell. I also believe that time is eroding the CGC advantage and down the road people who buy CBCS will be happy that they did.
Post 240 IP   flag post
@DVSCHO One other counterpoint that I think is important: Because CBCS is cheaper and easier to use, I can take more risks and submit more books than I would if I was paying CGC prices. Certainly I get some books back and realize that those books would be easier to sell if they had CGC labels. But on the other hand, I never would have submitted some of those books if I was using CGC and paying their prices. So when I look at the forest rather than the trees, I conclude that the additional volume I can afford to send through CBCS results in enough value to offset any premium I might get from individual books that have the CGC label.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not getting any emails at all. I just keep an eye on the dashboard and invoice.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm kinda shocked that this particular thread was actually quiet for ... like.... 24 hours.
Then someone turned on a switch again.

Now I'll wait for "how long in labels", "what is processing", "why does it take so long to hit the dashboard", "my books are lost because no dashboard" , "it's been XX weeks where are my books", "how come this....", "This stinks", "That is awful" ,etc, etc, etc.

Then I'll respond by saying don't pay attention to the dashboard it's not accurate. The long time forum members will respond with don't worry your books are safe. Then the explanation that CBCS got hit with a boatload of books that severely impacted TATs. Then things will get heated. I'll get a headache again. Things will quiet down again.

And it will all start up again like a Phoenix reborn. Groundhog Day the Sequel.
you left out how long is labels.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSCHO
I think the market is flipping quick to CBCS, the other guys are making so many mistakes and scuffed cases, it's really not worth the risk. I would be scared to buy cgc right now cause you don't catch the mistakes in the pics. I have a huge ring on one to prove that. I know one guy that has one that is on it's 3erd trip back. if they claim to have quality control, I believe they are fibbing.
Post 244 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Howdy,
Happy Holidays my comic friends....
I have not been in this thread for a couple of months.
What is the current TAT?
Last time I was in here it was 22 weeks.
I have an August 9th received submission that is sitting at 18 weeks now.
Just curious, has it moved up or down?
Thanks
Post 245 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
25+ weeks for grading only.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
So why did I pay for "2-day, Modern"??

What does 2-day mean?

I sent in 10 comics at a cost of almost $800 for grading/pressing. This is my first submission not via my LCS. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Post 247 IP   flag post
I knew the CBCS DEFENDERS would pop up to jump to the defense of a company that routinely ignores customer requests for basic information. I am not talking only about TAT here either. Basic stuff about how to submit, address change requests and so on. It's possible that the grading company we prefer is also crappy at customer service. The DEFENDERS are here though to make sure that no company fault passes without a proper response from the MIGHTY CBCS DEFENDERS! What I like best is how these responses are very often an internal discussion lamenting the repeated nature of the discussion on the forums. Where else are the new customer's supposed to go when they are ghosted by customer service? The fact that the conversation repeats so often on the forums is a reflection that customer service is STILL not responsive. Phone calls, emails, DM's ... ghosting. Stop taking a dump on the new people who are legitimately seeking some reassurance about their collectibles.
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
... This is so crazy ...

Agreed, quote a guy with zero proof reading skills all down to one sentence that fits your view. You do good job!

Proofreading skills? The guy is complaining about the lack of customer service response. Who cares about proofreading skills?
Post 249 IP   flag post
Not to mention that there seems to be a LOT of 9.9s lately...is that CBCS trying to give customers who wait 6 months a bonus?

Quote:
I knew the CBCS DEFENDERS would pop up to jump to the defense of a company that routinely ignores customer requests for basic information. I am not talking only about TAT here either. Basic stuff about how to submit, address change requests and so on. It's possible that the grading company we prefer is also crappy at customer service. The DEFENDERS are here though to make sure that no company fault passes without a proper response from the MIGHTY CBCS DEFENDERS! What I like best is how these responses are very often an internal discussion lamenting the repeated nature of the discussion on the forums. Where else are the new customer's supposed to go when they are ghosted by customer service? The fact that the conversation repeats so often on the forums is a reflection that customer service is STILL not responsive. Phone calls, emails, DM's ... ghosting. Stop taking a dump on the new people who are legitimately seeking some reassurance about their collectibles.
Post 250 IP   flag post
Where did people go before to complain before forums and social media existed???? I’ll tell you where, no where. Does it make you feel better to complain thinking someone is reading them?
Post 251 IP   flag post
After said complaint is mashed into a keyboard and up on a monitor, do you fellas say to yourself, “yeah, now I feel better....”? I’m seriously trying to understand.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I don't get why it's your problem. Where did you go to complain about people's posts on social media and blogs before they existed? I'll tell you where...nowhere. Does that make you feel better?

Also, "nowhere" is one word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
After said complaint is mashed into a keyboard and up on a monitor, do you fellas say to yourself, “yeah, now I feel better....”? I’m seriously trying to understand.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
So why did I pay for "2-day, Modern"??

What does 2-day mean?

I sent in 10 comics at a cost of almost $800 for grading/pressing. This is my first submission not via my LCS. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

@FuneralBill5150 - There are a couple of issues. It looks to me like you combined a 2-Day Modern with a standard Modern submission. When combining on one submission invoice, your TAT will revert to the slower tier. With that said, depending upon your grade, the Ultimate Fallout 4 were probably too valuable to qualify for the standard Mo
dern tier ($250 Max Val/comic) or the Consumer tier ($400 Max Val/comic).

While you saved some money in shipping by doing so, by combining the two tiers together on one submission, in essence you turned an estimated Press/Grade TAT of 11 weeks into an estimated 57 week TAT.
What you can do in the future, is create 2 separate submissions, bundle separately, but place in the same overshipper box that way you save money on the shipment to CBCS, though the shipments back will still cost you more than combining and receiving the slower estimated TAT.
Post 254 IP   flag post
You are right, it isn't my problem. I guess I happen to like the company so constant hatred bothers me a bit. I guess that's a personal problem I need to address. I'm in the same boat as all of you and I guess, personally, it doesn't really bother me.

I answered you, would you mind answering me?
Post 255 IP   flag post
601464 1000 30