Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS Customer Service Email - No Replies for Months16340

Collector cck3z3r0 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll start this out by saying that I'm really trying hard to not be that annoying customer who is constantly asking for updates, but I felt like I had to several times and am really disappointed with the lack of response.

I submitted 2 groups of books at a Con back in July, both were signatures but obtained at different times of the day. I was told they'd combine my orders, the rep even put 'See other invoice' in the billing area.
A month goes by, one of the orders appears. A couple more weeks go by, and I don't see the second order. I got nervous (at this point, I wasn't expecting that books submitted at a convention were taking months to process) so I called the main number and was basically told to just email instead. So I did, and got no response. I emailed them 2 more times over a 2 week period, not response. I called again and was told to email customer service. One guy told me to submit directly to him, and no response from him, either. Finally, I emailed Steve Paulus directly, and he responded, saying that not all the books were checked in from the con, but when they were they'd be combined and back-dated. (It's October 1 by this point, 2 full months after the con ended.)

The second submission did show up on October 12 (July 31 they were submitted, Order 1 appeared Aug 26 and order 2 appeared Oct 12.)

It wasn't until the second order was in that I was billed for both orders, which made sense because I expected they'd be combined - except that they invoiced them separately and charged me for shipping on both, and also did not back-date either order (I would not expect them to back-date it to July, but at least back date the order received in October to August 26, when the first one was received.)

So I email customer service again (once again, this is all their customer service phone number people tell me to do) on October 29 and November 8th, and still no response. I hoped it was just an oversight but the same thing just happened to me for my NYCC books, too, so I guess this is the new norm? If you make 10 submissions at a con, then you're invoiced 10x and have to pay shipping each time? No customer support, no one you can speak to on a phone that will give you a straight answer or even say anything other than 'email customer service.' I submitted 3 orders at NYCC so my guess is I'll get billed a 3rd time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Go on Facebook and Message Steve Borock directly. Sadly, i have done this a couple times. The only way to get any sort of customer service. Has been like this for over a year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
If I’m to be honest, I am considering asking for my books back and a refund at this point. I submitted back at the beginning of May and they keep changing the TAT. How many times can the goal post be moved before I call it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ya, its at 32 weeks now, i cant remember what the ones i have there from september used to be. CGC is at 129 days, and that is just a bit less than 19 weeks i believe. I have no idea on what it takes to get your books back and a refund from them. Customer service is not great.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
CGC is at 129 days, and that is just a bit less than 19 weeks i believe

I believe those are working days, 5 days a week, so the CGC turnaround is 25-26 weeks and it'll slow down this month due to the holidays and more employees taking time off.

Here's the turnaround and price info from both CGC and CBCS:

CBCS Tiers & Turnaround:

Based on this, CBCS has a similar turnaround as CGC for the Modern tier and a faster turnaround and lower cost at every other tier. CGC has been changing the turnaround times as well, it's not either companies fault, the collectibles industry has exploded and they are trying to increase their workforce to lower turnaround times.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@cck3z3r0 Please DM me and I will try and help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
Go on Facebook and Message Steve Borock directly. Sadly, i have done this a couple times. The only way to get any sort of customer service. Has been like this for over a year.

Thanks for the advice - Steve did respond in this thread so I'll message him and hopefully get it taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
If I’m to be honest, I am considering asking for my books back and a refund at this point. I submitted back at the beginning of May and they keep changing the TAT. How many times can the goal post be moved before I call it.

I submitted books at a small convention in April and did get them back already (received late October), though it was way longer than the expected TAT. Two of those books were going through VSP, and that added a lot of time to the TAT (though it was only supposed to be an extra week). I know everyone is different, but I'm not really upset about TATs being out of control, it's a part of the process and I just wait it out. I have a TMNT #1 4th print I sent for a signature event over a year ago and I don't expect I'll see it until probably February (not a CBCS submission). You'll probably get them back soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ya, he is a good guy, he will help you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
It is still pathetic that the company President must get involved to resolve Customer Service issues. All kudos to Steve (and other employees on the forum) for being available to help, but that speaks volumes to the incompetence of the department responsible for the task.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm coming up to 31 weeks I believe on the TAT....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I'm coming up to 31 weeks I believe on the TAT....

more like 30 weeks and still in grading. they should at least change the TAT> to 28
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
It is still pathetic that the company President must get involved to resolve Customer Service issues. All kudos to Steve (and other employees on the forum) for being available to help, but that speaks volumes to the incompetence of the department responsible for the task.

I do thank Steve for stepping in, and I said the same to him - if the Steves aren't responding to things, then it appears no one is. I think they're probably fielding 'where's my sh*t?' emails all day and that's why stuff is likely getting ignored, but there are legitimate questions/concerns that need to be looked at. If the phone operators are just going to read off the same thing I can already see in my dashboard and just tell me to email customer service, then maybe get rid of them and use their salary to hire people who can (actually) respond to emails.

That said, I've had issues with both companies in the past and had no problems getting through to someone. One time I reached out to CGC they were able to jump into action and save the day, but were pretty nasty and did a good amount of finger-pointing back at me. CBCS experience in the past was much more pleasant. They're probably overwhelmed but it shouldn't be months without a response. I'm sure Steve and Steve have better things to do that don't involve doing someone else's job. Hopefully they'll get this knocked down sooner than later and get back to responding to things.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

steve is a great guy !!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
601308 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?