Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversComics Restoration and ConservationQuestions

Blacklight comic covers16297

Collector Mikeykon private msg quote post Address this user
Won’t a Blacklight fade these comic covers very quickly? Could they be using special inks? Would an led Blacklight be just as damaging as an old school phosphorus style? I have the blacklight run from Clayton Crain, and I’m not sure if I should try to display them.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mikeykon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
The way I see it is all my comic books raw or graded are in the dark. I have an INCREDIBLE HULK #102, CBCS graded at a 9.6 !! It's simply beautiful and there is no way I'm going to display it for fear of any light (natural or black) fading or damaging it. I'll take a picture of it to show others but that stays in a black box with some of my other high graded comic books.

Some people like to display their treasures, I would if I didn't have to worry about fading, but with everything the choice is yours.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
They way I see it there are 2 options; (1) you can go ahead and display them as any comic and be “ok” with the potential degradation of the paper product they are or (2) you can squirrel them away.

A 3rd viable option though would be to purchase a second set to either display or store.

I’ve been down this road and it’s often difficult to face certain facts about our hobby. The most difficult is choosing how to enjoy our books and protect them. It’s like taking your final exam with a pencil that has an eraser at both ends. There’s a work around; but at what cost?
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
I mean... It's a 9.8.
Doesn't matter what you do to it, it'll always be a 9.8
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
I mean... It's a 9.8.

It maybe a 9.8 on the label but when it's faded and colorless who's going to want or buy it?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
I mean... It's a 9.8.

It maybe a 9.8 on the label but when it's faded and colorless who's going to want or buy it?

That's when you have to offer to ship internationally.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
I mean... It's a 9.8.

That's when you have to offer to ship internationally.

Hahahahahaha!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
600839 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?