Grading Help Needed

Help--Grade reduction due to damage16292

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
yeah I am not so sure, myself.

Maybe my vision (or screen) is just a bit better? In fairness, for much of my life I had 20/15 vision ;-)

Took me about 5 seconds to catch distinct marks on all the books that would be difficult (and pointless) to forge.
or maybe yours is worse...in fairness for much of my life I had the ability to understand what i am seeing. If it took you five seconds, you really missed the entire point honestly.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Is it within the possibilty he switched up your books with others and kept the nicer ones you had? A few of those look like they arent even the same book
I actually thought the same thing. Upon further examination; they are the same books. There are condition issues that would be difficult to duplicate (I don’t think impossible). The ASM 6 for example has dust shadows, water damage and a date stamp that match up. maybe a self respecting crook would send you a nicer looking replica instead to keep you coming back😂
Right but then I was not talking about those, I am more focused on things I see with the FF books in particular.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Small claims maybe if I weren't in NJ and he in OK
Post 28 IP   flag post
well good luck regardless and I hope it sorts out to some degree. hate when this happens to hobby people ....damn shame
Post 29 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
yeah I am not so sure, myself.

Maybe my vision (or screen) is just a bit better? In fairness, for much of my life I had 20/15 vision ;-)

Took me about 5 seconds to catch distinct marks on all the books that would be difficult (and pointless) to forge.

You're 100% correct. They're the same books.

I guess someone could go find the same issue, with the same exact blunt corners, exact spine ticks, exact tears and exact wrinkles and swap them out but what are the odds for all 4 books?

2 or 3? ...easy.
But all 4 ?

Post 30 IP   flag post

but then noone said all 4 did they? have to love people just trying to start a problem
Post 31 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
but then noone said all 4 did they? have to love people just trying to start a problem

Problem? I'm just chatting here.

Regardless, you're right. No one said 4, they said:

Is it within the possibilty he switched up your books with others and kept the nicer ones you had? A few of those look like they arent even the same book

"A few". So more than 2, but not 4.

Do you still think 3 of those books were "swapped" ?
Just curious.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

Just curious.

if 3...my guess the 1st appearances
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree thanks to all of you for your input
Post 34 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This thread took a turn towards the absurd today. Somebody send Lawyers, Guns and Money.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Just curious.
it's called trolling..and goading, did you wish to continue?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
In each of those comparison pics there are just way too many identical flaws on the books. There's no way that any one of them is a changeling or doppelganger.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
In each of those comparison pics there are just way too many identical flaws on the books. There's no way that any one of them is a changeling or doppelganger.
Yes yes, I get it, and that is your opinion...you have every right to it. I disagree. I am allowed to do that, even in this forum.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
This thread took a turn towards the absurd today. Somebody send Lawyers, Guns and Money.
I can tell you, there are already layers here in the forum present, and as for guns, we saw in the what are you shooting thread, quite enough hardware to satisfy most anyones needs, so perhaps you can bring the money
Post 39 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Another alternative is having a species non-binary canis lupus deriving from London stop by after they finish their take out.

That might help clear things up.
Post 40 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Yes yes, I get it, and that is your opinion...you have every right to it. I disagree. I am allowed to do that, even in this forum.

So, the photos show identical markings in identical locations on all four books. Identical levels of wear and identical color tones. They are four relatively expensive books to source. All four are the same books (obviously) as submitted by the OP to the presser.

Given the value of the books, an intentional act to swap books and somehow mark them up (identically) would be a criminal act that could result in prison time.

Furthermore, while you could (in theory) duplicate the markings and damage, you would need to start with books that don’t have other non-matching damage. So it would mean starting with books in better condition than the ones you were swapping for…

The above are the facts upon which my opinion that they are certainly the same books is based.

In today’s society there is this idea that everyone is entitled to an opinion, even when facts are not supportive. To somehow say the books were swapped (aside from the inappropriate accusation) is absurd. Your opinion here is an absurd one and while you have a right to speak it, I have a right to point out you are patently incorrect.

Read some quotes from Voltaire on what happens when we allow pronounced absurdities to go unchecked.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just curious.

it's called trolling..and goading, did you wish to continue?

Yes, I do.... but Dave already said it best.
Your opinion is that someone took 3 pricey books in better condition and downgraded them to look like OP's books, just so they could swap them.
No offense, but if I stated that opinion, I'd expect to get called out on it too.
Post 42 IP   flag post
601305 42 17
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.