Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Flat like flat soda after carbonation has dissipated

That must have happened after the Carboniferous Period, so maybe during the Permian Period. (Geologic humor attempt)

PS - Although it’s called the age of the amphibians, if you like insects, check out the giants from the Carboniferous Period! Dragonflies as long as your arm, and they could (and should) make a sci-fi horror film about Arthropleura (look it up).
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I can actually see the extension of the legs better now that you mention it, point well won. The semantics of sauropods of course dictate that the term rear legs is redundant, as the rear limbs would be legs and the front limbs the arms ... I applaud your efforts on the childs behalf! Saurpods are a love of my own as well....and I suggest at some point sharing with him such awesome animals as Amargasaurus Cazaui, Mamenchisaurus, and my personnal favorite mounted in the New york museum of Natural history, Barosaurus! I will share with you a few of the saurpod pieces I keep around the living room .

This first piece pictured is massive Diplodocus Sacral vert, in fact the final vert in the sacral before the tail begins.The size of a small car wheel and weighs in at 26 pounds....a sub adult .

this next piece is a 50 pound ball joint from the end of a sauropod femur joint...I also have a section of the shank from this same limb pictured next

This final shot is a neck or dorsal vert section from an apatosaurus..the disc shape would be from the actual vert, and the wings shaped area with hollows sitting atop it would be the processes as they would sit between the two discs. I have had this one solidified, prepped and the hollows blown empty to demonstrate the enormous amount of air storage in these verts.

Thanks for sharing the story of your own little diorama for your son. No time spent encouraging a child to love dinosaurs is ever wasted!
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think it's important that every craft or interest has people like you who feel strongly about the authenticity of their subject matter. I suspect most of us have some interest in our lives that we feel similarly strong about. Baking, Bar-B-Q, grading consistency, scratches on cases, mis-wraps on comic covers, baking pizza's...we've had some discussions on a few subjects.

I understand the point you are making. Sometimes is it better to not to point out the errors that are made by those that have zero experience in whatever field. For example, watching TV or movies involving law enforcement, clearing rooms/buildings, or tactical situations would be impossible for people in the profession, trained/certified to do it, and have done it. Just so many dumb mistakes that are shown. For that matter, children playing with toy weapons should drive firearms instructors batty. Kids use their booger pickers to cycle their “guns” while pointing them at other kids. That being said ration people see it for what it is…entertainment or play. It isn’t based in the really real world.
Post 203 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Flat like flat soda after carbonation has dissipated

That must have happened after the Carboniferous Period, so maybe during the Permian Period. (Geologic humor attempt)

PS - Although it’s called the age of the amphibians, if you like insects, check out the giants from the Carboniferous Period! Dragonflies as long as your arm, and they could (and should) make a sci-fi horror film about Arthropleura (look it up).

Very familiar with them and agree they’re petrifying.

Hehe
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Same is true if I rib @DrWatson over knowing the best way to make muffins, or @DavetheBrave over knowing the best way to do most things.

Truer words never spoken. A gift I got “for” my wife.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
they could (and should) make a sci-fi horror film about Arthropleura (look it up).

I did look it up. You are correct about the film!!! That is one creature that would give me the creepy crawlies (no pun intended) for days!!! I'd LOVE it!!! LOL
Post 206 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
I think it's important that every craft or interest has people like you who feel strongly about the authenticity of their subject matter. I suspect most of us have some interest in our lives that we feel similarly strong about. Baking, Bar-B-Q, grading consistency, scratches on cases, mis-wraps on comic covers, baking pizza's...we've had some discussions on a few subjects.

I understand the point you are making. Sometimes is it better to not to point out the errors that are made by those that have zero experience in whatever field. For example, watching TV or movies involving law enforcement, clearing rooms/buildings, or tactical situations would be impossible for people in the profession, trained/certified to do it, and have done it. Just so many dumb mistakes that are shown. For that matter, children playing with toy weapons should drive firearms instructors batty. Kids use their booger pickers to cycle their “guns” while pointing them at other kids. That being said ration people see it for what it is…entertainment or play. It isn’t based in the really real world.

True but let’s give credit when realism is indeed attempted and even achieved. It happens.

Case in point, driving simulators. What were originally video games with little relationship to real car physics have evolved tremendously… early cross-over into professionally utilized and expensive sims eventually converged back to games.

You can now play games on home gaming rigs that effectively simulate real racing… enough that it does in fact translate to real world driving.

I don’t track cars much anymore but if I want to keep my left foot braking technique or heel/toe shifting sharp, I can hop on my sim and it is pretty close. Close enough that I taught my wife manual transmission on one before letting her practice on a real car…
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Then there's the question of cost. Most consumers don't expect a $0.50 injected plastic molded toy to have the same level of realism as a driving simulator that can cost well into four figures or five figures.
Post 208 IP   flag post
but of course we do , you have to be able to teach people how to drive on plastic dinosaurs and especially how to use the clutch.....sometimes you have to just shake your head at peoples attempts to make false equivalence comparisons.
Post 209 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Screw the dinosaurs. I'm still pissed that Barbie and Skipper weren't anatomically correct.
Post 210 IP   flag post
wait....are you sure?
Post 211 IP   flag post
Pretty sure.

Post 212 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson I'd say she had a skin condition on her Promised Land, but... she doesn't have a Promised Land.

PS: Uh... is she underaged...?
Post 213 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

I doubt it. She'll be 63 in March.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
they could (and should) make a sci-fi horror film about Arthropleura (look it up).

I did look it up. You are correct about the film!!! That is one creature that would give me the creepy crawlies (no pun intended) for days!!! I'd LOVE it!!! LOL

nah...I went to school with guys like that
Post 215 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Pretty sure.

but she looks like she could drive the manual transmission!
Post 216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

She ages so well...
Post 217 IP   flag post

This ones alot better!
Post 218 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Pretty sure.

So I just got that one comic………………………. Sorry gents, I am on a wrong forum. Can you guys direct me to comics for old geezers?
Post 219 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite Barbies

Post 220 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy Click Here
Post 221 IP   flag post
@MutantMania
Post 222 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
The 1960's Spidey Cartoon thread made me realize I haven't shown these in a while (if I ever did). These are the storyboards sent to Mike Royer who contributed to the series.

Trivia- Mike was asked to voice Peter, but circumstances (that I can't recall at the moment) prevented it.

Post 223 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Sam!

Post 224 IP   flag post
Earlier in the season I had posted a mail call from Sydney Durso Macarthur, the Dallas cheerleader that recently ended her 7 year streak cheering for the squad, then consulted for the movie Billy Flynn''s Long Halftime walk, for Ang Lee, and then returned to Dallas to cheer for a season for the Dallas Mavericks, before launching her own business, then settling down to raise kids and get married.
Sydney is one of the alum I have a great deal of respect and admiration for , so I had written her and asked her to sign a few things for my collection.

Sydney Durso Macarthur

Anyways, recently Sydney sent me a link to a local newstation interview she had done, during which she mentioned her "referral Associate" program for her business. I signed up.

Here is her store, she has some pretty awesome stuff.

https://livelovegameday.com/?ref=cFpvohjaznwxeU

If you decide to order, let me know and I will provide you with my discount code for 20 percent off! You have to love the humor in some of her T shirts she is offering though
Post 225 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Just checked it out! The football-stitched caps are super-tempting!!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
It’s.. alliive! My old Early ‘08 MacBook from college was nearly unusable after the Mac OS Lion (10.7.5) update way back when and since has been dead in the water. It now on Ubuntu Linux and running marathons within its archaic means.

Post 227 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It’s from all of the “plastic” surgery…
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town Just checked it out! The football-stitched caps are super-tempting!!
Let me know if you want the discount code!
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Let me know if you want the discount code!

I'm thinking about it, but I have to prioritise paying for the massive plumbing debacle that just got resolved today. Sadly, new toilet comes before awesome football cap.
Post 230 IP   flag post
601294 999 30