CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Just show something cool: Part 416283

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheComicGuy
Thanks Dave I really appreciate it!!! It was a pleasure drawing this for you. I really enjoyed the process and watching the whole thing come together they way it did. I hope your wife is happy with it!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS my friend!!!


You were awesome to work with!!! Will be the highlight of the gifts from me for sure.
Post 76 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

Awesome transformer!

Do you have a link on where to buy one still?
Post 77 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Davethebrave

Awesome transformer!

Do you have a link on where to buy one still?


I think it is Hasbro Pulse and Robosen. It took some effort to get the order secured and then maybe 7 months to get in hand.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-robot-collectors-edition
Post 78 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the link.
=)
Post 79 • IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HotKeyComics

Did you try scanning the q code on back label?


Yep, no dice. My friend also has another 1.0 that isn't showing on the census as well.
Post 80 • IP   flag post


I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics

That sux. I hope your problem gets resolved soon
Post 81 • IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
wow, the unit has heft and stature,

heh
Post 82 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
wow, the unit has heft and stature,

heh


Okay, I chuckled. I probably could have written far worse though.
Post 83 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Post 84 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster
Post 85 • IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
High grade and very hard to find in this shape.

Post 86 • IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 87 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@stanley_1883 DU-U-U-UDE!!!
Post 88 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wooden Spiderman Comic Book Wooden 3D Comic Book Replica | Etsy
https://ablink.email.etsy.com/uni/ss/c/QI4M1dAOFhXzsRN7AROYPSqqE3O0u_VWnRAPeyO6NPdg-oV7tWdka58byYZ0o0ihVS0Rd5_iPNWgT6_T-KaSaTSVEgB4ZA1AnfGpm9J-44GgMuz4Ylkg8lrHoTJDT1lSSeUfNgVm5FJlR91Kg_dLQ9mtpifttIplFXXUU7fRx2LGPTOHwEywbhSf3Sfv-XPYq36e634-mKOqxmZx-rheX-tHGuJa1ylQVjGcNUa3UYkGBY4fsDGCOjfUEQxpPid90ypB0XkHTdQGaDlCvoOEi8xr2MYEFJUrlgrsrP1lspf-kU7UV-KtUd8ezmCAiLNc5AfeTFdPiA-xIms9SLBZXQ/3hr/_jPByIxNTqWgn2EfDShFJw/h74/wG0Hv6qyJqoTLcb2XsmExRre2yksJwNKr3K2uHZxUw4
Post 89 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Those are INSANE! The Lobo one is great, but that Spider-Man is the star of the show, IMHO.
Post 90 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Agreed. I really wonder how the guy did it....
Post 91 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I've seen that kind of work done with a laser programmed to run a pattern on a piece of wood, but all the ones I've previously seen were very simple patterns on small items, like the fob of a keychain. This is so far beyond that that I'm kinda shocked!
Post 92 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Wood burning kit.
Post 93 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson @Bronte A wood burning kit can do some really fine work, but it's still done piece-by piece and by hand. To get multiple, identical items you need to use branding, which will produce something like what I have in the photo (It's a goshuin-cho [formal pilgrimage book] I purchased at Futarasan-jinja Shrine in Nikko, Japan).


But for something more complex and with multiple layers/depths, you need a laser 'cannon,' like the industrial ones used for detailed, precision welding. I know about this because I used to be an assembly line inspector in a factory that did laser welding on parts for computer drives.
Post 94 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't the person still need to "paint" the thing? I mean the color can't be burned in right?
Post 95 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte No, the colour can't be burned in, but I wonder if it's airbrushed, or maybe airbrushed for the deeper parts and woodblock for the uppermost surface??? No way could he get that kind of detail and precision with a brush and not take an eon for each piece, at which it'd cost a fortune to buy one, not just $140!
Post 96 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Well. It's a unique piece and the guy has to have some skill to color it. I wouldn't mind owning this...
Post 97 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte It's a beautiful piece! It makes me wonder if the guy would take commissions.
Post 98 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

What would you have him do?

Personally if he did commissions I would ask him to do a nick fury / steranko with his psychedelic art covers
Post 99 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think some of the pieces sit on top of the background. I don't think it's made from one solid piece.
Post 100 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Imagine this one....


Post 101 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I just emailed asking if he'd do the steranko cover..... I'll post an answer when I get it
Post 102 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Why not just buy the real book?

Post 103 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yours for sale?

Edit

I have 2 possibly mid grade copies being pressed and graded. I prolly won't see them till mid next year though. I always wanted high grade but the price and timing on when I had money was always a problem in past.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

What would you have him do?

Personally if he did commissions I would ask him to do a nick fury / steranko with his psychedelic art covers

Wouldn't that be amazing!? Steranko's Nick Fury #7 (the Dali cover) would be another good one. I still have a soft spot for Silver Surfer #4. Also, I'd be interested in some classics, too, like Detective #31.
Post 105 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30