Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
How about this for cool? My latest gatcha win from Japan. This Snoopy coffee mug with Snoopy art on top actually LIGHTS UP! Cost about a whoppin' $2.50

Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a rare comic, complete with crayons. From the late 1950s

Post 927 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
It was just announced that Black Adam will be on HBO Max December 22nd, nice Christmas present from DC!

I thought it was supposed to be Dec 16?

early guesstimates were December 5th and 16th based on previous timeframes of releases, but that was all speculation. This is the first official word.

Odd since every single release I’ve seen says Dec 16.

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni63870148

We are looking forward to seeing it.

For anyone waiting for the 22nd, it is out now.
Post 928 IP   flag post
How I am displaying old magazines. One or two day TAT if ordering from Amazon.

Post 929 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Cool, I know what I will be doing tonight. Theatre viewing has skewed to a younger demographic for a long time. But I think the new streaming services have really amplified that. I'll bet the over-30 demographic has cut our movie theatre attendance by half or more since 2019.
Post 930 IP   flag post

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm officially expanding into collectibles, new logo for HotKey Comics and Collectibles is being designed, but my first collectibles sale is tonight on WhatNot at 6pm EST and its part 1 of an original owner GI Joe collection! Its almost all 1982-1984 stuff, stop by and say hi!
GI Joe auction
part 2 is already scheduled for the 6th and its being followed by Star Wars and Transformers, both original owner collections as well! They will be running about every 2 weeks on Fridays, hope to see you there!
Post 931 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Cool, I know what I will be doing tonight. Theatre viewing has skewed to a younger demographic for a long time. But I think the new streaming services have really amplified that. I'll bet the over-30 demographic has cut our movie theatre attendance by half or more since 2019.

Streaming and massive TVs at reasonable prices. Throw in a great sound setup and a pause button…
Post 932 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
So, I got this in a trade with a friend who did work for James Worthy. I traded some slabbed books for it.I traded some books that I did not really want to part with, but that made it feel fair.

I love the Showtime Lakers. I am very happy to have this in my collection.

James Worthy!!! Isn't he from Star Trek??
Post 933 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
So, I got this in a trade with a friend who did work for James Worthy. I traded some slabbed books for it.I traded some books that I did not really want to part with, but that made it feel fair.

I love the Showtime Lakers. I am very happy to have this in my collection.

James Worthy!!! Isn't he from Star Trek??

Come on!!?? Clearly he was in Space Jam! Hence the basketball.

“Star Trek” - Sheesh!
Post 934 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Actually didn't he play a klingon?
Post 935 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

In Space Jam.
Post 936 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

In Space Jam.

No no..he was on an episode of TNG. I thought there was another Laker who was a Klingon
Post 937 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/James_Worthy
Post 938 IP   flag post
Wow! @KatKomics & @Bronte - Way to make me look dumb.

Post 939 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

I don't play DayZ but this was very cool of them.
Post 940 IP   flag post
I'm doing an all giveaway Christmas special tomorrow on WhatNot at 5pm EST, slabs, keys and more, come say hi and maybe win some cool stuff. I have 42 lots total!

clickable text
Post 941 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Odd branding for a tool set but for $10 could not resist grabbed 3 of them. And it’s limited edition!!

Post 942 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The old man likes his Xmas gift.

Post 943 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
The old man likes his Xmas gift.

You're related?
Post 944 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte haha no but we're all big fans in this household.
Post 945 IP   flag post
@flanders

Well. I can definitely see why your a fan. Of course, you should check ancestry.com just to be sure. Lol
Post 946 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 947 IP   flag post
Apparent morning coffee run by some lady

Post 948 IP   flag post
For anyone who wants an alternative to removing skid plates/going under the car for oil changes, consider one of these. Used an oil extractor for the first time last week to change oil. Revelation.

Didn’t solve the engineering idiocy of the car where I had to remove the front headlight to gain access to the filter… but still a good bit more convenient than jacking the car to go under (including detaching a skid plate) in addition to the headlamp removal.

Post 949 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

For the Detroit fan
Post 950 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

Do you go through where the dipstick plug hole is? Generally that is so narrow I would imagine the type would have to be super tiny.....
Post 951 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave

Do you go through where the dipstick plug hole is? Generally that is so narrow I would imagine the type would have to be super tiny.....

Through the dipstick tube, correct. There are different hose attachments for different dipstick tube sizes. You can pump manually or powered (I did it manually). Takes a bit longer to drain fully vs drain plug but you only have to manually pump intermittently. For the XC60 you can use the wider tube. Flow was pretty fast.

Biggest plus for me was avoiding skid plate removal, which is a pain. Many SUVs have one and some cars too. I had it positioned in an oil catch but the pump didn’t spill a drop.

Anyone using an extractor should make sure they get the right capacity for how much oil their car holds. It is easy enough to stop/drain but I would avoid that step. I have enough room in this one (about 8 quart max) for my Volvos.

Edit: Volvo filters are accessible from the top… if the filter requires lifting car to gain access, much of the advantage is lost.
Post 952 IP   flag post

Going with a hockey theme
Post 953 IP   flag post

Something for my Canadian friends
Post 954 IP   flag post

Anyone up for a tour
Post 955 IP   flag post
600517 999 30