Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 826 IP   flag post

Post 827 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 828 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 829 IP   flag post

Post 830 IP   flag post

Post 831 IP   flag post

Post 832 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 833 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 834 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user

Wish I knew how to make this bigger.
Post 835 IP   flag post
Post 836 IP   flag post
Post 837 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Wish I knew how to make this bigger.
Very cool....
Post 838 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - That’s what she said! lol
Post 839 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I'm having a hard time figuring out how a simulation theory that was published after The Matrix movie came out was considered to be iconic or groundbreaking. But when you boil it down, most religions believe this very premise. The idea that our reality is in fact just a simulation...a construct of a creator/programmer who could turn it off at any time. What some call God, others might call an advanced race of programmer(s).
Post 840 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@EbayMafia - That’s what she said! lol

Set myself up pretty good there @esaravo. I will be fortunate to survive that comment without receiving a new moniker.
Post 841 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I'm having a hard time figuring out how a simulation theory that was published after The Matrix movie came out was considered to be iconic or groundbreaking. But when you boil it down, most religions believe this very premise. The idea that our reality is in fact just a simulation...a construct of a creator/programmer who could turn it off at any time. What some call God, others might call an advanced race of programmer(s).

The first simulation theory was first published by René Descartes in the 17th century and the current version by Nick Bolstrom expanded on it. Elon Musk's endorsement or belief in this theory propelled it in popularity.
Post 842 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The first simulation theory was first published by René Descartes in the 17th century

I was thinking that "prove you're not just a brain in a vat" idea was a standard philosophy question long before The Matrix came out.
Post 843 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Kewl footage! Thanks for sharing this. I met Archie Goodwin back in the late 70's while he and Al Williamson were still teamed on Secret Agent Corrigan (X-9).

Factoid: One of the interesting errors from the opening scene at the DC Offices is stating that the cover of Detective Comics #1 is Fu Manchu; it really isn't. While Sax Rohmer's character eventually appeared in 'Tec the brilliantly nefarious doctor wasn't featured until #18; he's not even in the first issue! The first issue actually showcases Vincent Sullivan's depiction of the "Fui Onyui"(sic) character from the Slam Bradley story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Perfect segue...

I suspect the Church collection story won't be made and it'd be difficult doing justice. I know Chuck and remember him from before he came into this magnificent collection. He joined Bob Wayne, myself and a couple of other fans on a road trip down to HoustonCon one year ('74, if memory serves). To my best recollection, Chuck drew the short lot and rode in the back floorboard of Bob's small car most of the trip. ...We were all exceedingly frugal and very poor back then.
Post 844 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 845 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 846 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Our town turned into a scooby doo mystery town today

and the marina/boat ramp

Post 847 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
The USS Gerald Ford on a recent visit to my city, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
The Archie Club magazine. Similar to the Superman-Tims.

Post 849 IP   flag post
My first vintage fountain pen.
A Parker 21 (1948 to 65) which is a lower cost version of the Parker 51

Inked it up and it writes beautifully!!
This is a 'hooded' nib - not as much character as normal one but apparently it will not dry out as fast? stylish though?

I need to dial things back..very easy to go down a rabbit hole. I have 8 at home and 7 more pens in the mail (3 more vintage ones) a few different types of nibs in the mail and 5 different inks!!

Post 850 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

😮🥳
Post 851 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics

Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

Post 852 IP   flag post
Jose Varese has a new kickstarter if anyone is interested.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/josevarese/tight-lines?ref=ksr_email_user_new_project_from_creator_youve_backed
Post 853 IP   flag post
Sold this

Shipped in this

Sold this

Shipped in this

I usually only do a sketch on the box if the sale is over 100.00

Last year I was feeling it and whipped out some markers for this one.
Sold this

Shipped in this

Post 854 IP   flag post
Salvaged a portion of my grandfathers peg board before selling the old home in 2020....just got it up in the garage. Somewhere I have the hardware but I might just get new stuff

Post 855 IP   flag post
601347 999 30