Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
You all might remember these nice foam pieces to fill out sports card boxes and such... well I found a box from my old card shop so I tried them for shipping comics and had an aha! moment.
3 of them side by side adds a perfect end cushion to priority mail boxes.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this in the Facebook group yesterday. Did you know that the new CBCS cases glow when you shine a black light on them? Apparently, the CGC and old CBCS cases do not do that.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Now I need to find my old blacklight and test it...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

Were you still able to get a slab in? I find there's not room for much more than a double-folded small bubble wrap on each end when shipping slabs.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia If you can find them, try regional rate Priority Mail boxes rather than Flat Rate. The dimensions are slightly different and I find slabs fit better in them because they're a bit longer. I have to special order the ones I use, but the boxes are free, so no big deal.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@EbayMafia If you can find them, try regional rate Priority Mail boxes rather than Flat Rate

I had no idea there was a Regional Flat Rate. Always just used the medium for local and medium flat rate for longer distance. I can't imagine how having a third options helps the Post Office financially.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@EbayMafia If you can find them, try regional rate Priority Mail boxes rather than Flat Rate

I had no idea there was a Regional Flat Rate. Always just used the medium for local and medium flat rate for longer distance. I can't imagine how having a third options helps the Post Office financially.

Regional rate Priority boxes are for relatively light-weight parcels that aren't going very far. I can send a slabbed book via Priority Mail from where I am to halfway across the country for just $8 ~ $12 regional rate rather than the $15+ if I use a flat rate Priority Mail box, and I still get the same Priority Mail fast delivery, and the same free $100 insurance. It can really help keep shipping costs down as long as you keep in mind that weight is a factor for regional rate parcels, and not for flat rate parcels. If you're shipping more than just one or two slabs, then regional rate will cost a fortune!
Post 57 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Universe Series complete sets 1990 - 1994 in binders

Post 58 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

Were you still able to get a slab in? I find there's not room for much more than a double-folded small bubble wrap on each end when shipping slabs.

No good for slabs on that box, but they would work on the flat rate box for board games.
Post 59 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some more cool sealed VHS tapes....

Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Here's some more cool sealed VHS tapes....

never to question another mans hobby at all Steve, but are you then hoarding and collecting sealed VHS tapes? Are you doing so for the box art or because you feel they will see some future gain....trying to figure the angle there . From my experience I would never return to VHS over DVD due to the constant quality loss over time and how easily damaged the tapes were. Is there a secondary market building for these older sealed VHS products? (Again not criticizing nor meaning negative here, just openly curious , I myself collect things others find zero value in so I get that part)
Post 61 IP   flag post
I think they are cool and, yes, the market is heating up for sealed VHS.
There are grading companies as well and Heritage is looking into auctioning them soon.
I just buy cool stuff that I can affored and love.
If I make $ later, that's a plus!
Post 62 IP   flag post
@sborock Those are COOL! And I don't think I've ever seen the Two-Face one before.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I think they are cool and, yes, the market is heating up for sealed VHS.
There are grading companies as well and Heritage is looking into auctioning them soon.
I just buy cool stuff that I can affored and love.
If I make $ later, that's a plus!
Thanks for responding and please do not feel I was criticizing...just curious. I had no idea they were gaining traction like that. You sound much like me, collecting oddball things I personally love, after sale be damned. Thanks for sharing Steve!
Post 64 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Did not think you were criticizing at all!
Post 65 IP   flag post
My first graded foreign grail, this one doesn't show on the census but there's only 6 other ones on it.

When I try the population report I get this:

Post 66 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Just delivered. Was a big Transformers fan growing up.

Post 67 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave love it! I was always a Soundwave and Megatron fan.
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave So cool! I'm jealous!
Post 69 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics

Did you try scanning the q code on back label?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Wish I could post a GIF of it transforming… or doing pushups. But here it is unpacked and ready for battle! Or menial chores, I guess.

In terms of first impression review, there are plenty on Youtube (including by Kevin Smith, pasted below - and, yes, clearly an endorsement haha).

Some quick ones from me are:
* wow, the unit has heft and stature, especially in bot form
* unlike most modern “toys” it feels solid and plenty of metal
* the performance so far has been impressive - especially seeing it do pushups, which made both me and my wife lol
* fit and finish is also impressive
* so far no app / connectivity glitches

I am guessing many are buying to keep in box - as you can see I got the sucker out fast and tested it. Will package it back up and put it under the tree for Christmas though my wife is now questioning if we even let my son (3yo) even see it… this is not really a kid’s toy

Love as a display piece, representation of leading edge toy tech and for the nostalgia factor. My biggest concern is whether the servos will hold up to repeated conversions and also battery life/replacement in the long-run.

As a collectible I give it a middle grade because, like everything lately, lots of flip buyers. Not sure total production numbers but as a chip-based toy with tons of tech, they are probably pretty supply constrained. Not a buyer for the $ just the joy so my returns aren’t based on that.

Post 71 IP   flag post
Shout out to @EddieTheComicGuy

Commissioned wrap around cover art as a Christmas gift for my wife. Thrilled with how it turned out! I was going to wait until after Christmas to post but figure I won’t be on as much then and just about zero chance of her stumbling upon this post anyways ;-)

Backstory is my wife works FT and we have no outside support/help with 2 young kids and a dog. I don’t spend all my time playing music but will admit that starting my work day at 3:30am means she does “a little” more of the childrearing. So it seemed an appropriate cover. Also, my son knows he gets “strong like Superboy” after eating his broccoli so will absolutely know who he is ;-)

Thanks again, Eddie!

Also, bought some clear backers to hold it. Very happy with them. Yes, I will fix how it is taped/sealed before wrapping.

Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dave I really appreciate it!!! It was a pleasure drawing this for you. I really enjoyed the process and watching the whole thing come together they way it did. I hope your wife is happy with it!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS my friend!!!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Dave!!! You supposed to buy two man!!! LOL!!! Fantastic piece!!!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheComicGuy
Dave!!! You supposed to buy two man!!! LOL!!! Fantastic piece!!!

Never said I only bought one ;-)
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheComicGuy
Thanks Dave I really appreciate it!!! It was a pleasure drawing this for you. I really enjoyed the process and watching the whole thing come together they way it did. I hope your wife is happy with it!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS my friend!!!

You were awesome to work with!!! Will be the highlight of the gifts from me for sure.
Post 76 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

Awesome transformer!

Do you have a link on where to buy one still?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Davethebrave

Awesome transformer!

Do you have a link on where to buy one still?

I think it is Hasbro Pulse and Robosen. It took some effort to get the order secured and then maybe 7 months to get in hand.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-robot-collectors-edition
Post 78 IP   flag post
Thank you for the link.
=)
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HotKeyComics

Did you try scanning the q code on back label?

Yep, no dice. My friend also has another 1.0 that isn't showing on the census as well.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600906 999 30