Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
I am the ArchDuke of FB jail. Last year, I was suspended 6 months out of the year. This year is looking about the same. LOL!

Post 476 IP   flag post

Post 477 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ticktocktyler Our last dog was Piper, a schipperke. Herding dogs do the chase-and-bark thing, too, so she had to have an enclosed yard as well! Excuse the photo, it's pretty old and hasn't handled the passage of time well.

What a beauty! Very intense dogs, aren't they?

We had two, Piper and Oliver. Sweet little dogs, and very active. They need some training because their herding instinct and small size combine to make them a little nippy. No outright biting, but since they can't rely on size to get whatever they're herding to cooperate, they nip heels and such. Some training will get them to shove instead, but as I'm sure you know, you can't stop herding dogs from herding. They're highly intelligent and also make excellent ratters. Great choice for people who have cat allergies and a vermin problem that they need resolved!
Post 478 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Blue people. I just found out it is such a thing....

https://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/circulatory/blue-people-kentucky.htm

Wow. I didn't know either.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@ticktocktyler They're lovely dogs! I'm not seeing a size reference, but beagle/beagle-cross? Beagles are wonderful dogs - so intelligent and with a sense of humour that not all working dogs/hounds will have.

Daisy on the right is a 13" beagle and Tuco is pretty much standard.

Daisy is 17 now. Got her when she was 3. She was blown into the woods by hurricane Katrina. Lived there for a couple years and was found by hunters. We adopted her from Mississippi.

Tuco was put in a trash bag with the trash, set out with the trash as the people moved. The neighbors looked out their window, saw the bag thrashing, went over and tore it open and out tumbled Tuco. We adopted him from the same shelter we got Daisy from the year before.

It stuns me the way people treat their pets sometimes. The animal thinks of their people as their family and the people should have the decency to reciprocate. If they can't do it, they should never EVER have a pet. Who in the **** throws a dog out in the trash! Disgusting. There's no excuse, especially when there are shelters all over the country.

My B&W cat, Noodle, was dumped by the side of the road at 2 weeks old and had to be bottle-fed. She has serious separation anxiety as a result and if I'm not around she won't let anyone near her. Whoever mistreated her should try it now. She weighs nearly 18 pounds and would probably send them to the ER.

I run a pet sitting/dogwalking service and am involved in animal rescue both here and internationally. We have seen it all.

We have clients who are well meaning but uneducated and clients who see pets as furniture or want one to complete their nuclear family action figure collection.

I am fearless when it comes to(yes)TELLING people where the bear shits in the buckwheat when I see poor treatment. Most people who hire us are already well aware of their responsibilities and are happy to have their dog walked midday.

It's the ones who think 14 hours between peeing is ok. People like that don't call, though. The people who go on vacation and feel a morning let out and a 7pm let out is ok are treated to a lecture and our minimum drop in policy: 7am, 1pm, 7pm. When they resist, we simply say "We won't be a part of this" and excuse ourselves from the consult.

My family has a policy with dogs. If you want a dog, you must have an enclosed yard with shelter for the dog, and if you aren't going to walk the dog regularly, you will have a pet door. End of discussion. The only time we've had dogs making messes in the house has been during puppy housetraining and with dogs that are elderly and incontinent.

In high school I worked at a boarding kennel. I fed, watered, walked, and cleaned up after the dogs every weekday after school. I also did some brushing on the long-haired dogs but no serious grooming as I didn't have the right training for that. You would not believe how many people would drop off their pets while they went on a 'family vacation' and then never came back to pick them up. At least they weren't dumping them in alleyways and rural areas, but come on!

I tend to get a little outspoken, too, when it comes to pets. Want a lecture on why indoor cats live longer and bond more closely with their pet parents than outdoor cats? I will be happy to oblige. And don't give me that 'indoor/outdoor cat so it's okay because the cat can come inside when there's a problem' rubbish. Does Fluffy go outside where there are cars and coyotes and large birds of prey and mean people and parasites? Then Fluffy is an outdoor cat! Keep your pet safe by keeping the cat indoors and scheduling time during the day to interact with the cat so they have the stimulation they would be missing by not going outdoors. If you can't handle the extra 'burden' then don't get a pet!!
Post 480 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I admit I know nothing about pets, but my buddy had a cat that was a stray outside cat. She found him in New York while on vacation and brought him to Florida. That cat apparently needed to be outdoors at some points of time. Apparently he would go bonkers inside the house. He didn't even use the litter box. He went to the bathroom while walking the dog. And he didn't need a leash. He just walked next to the dog and did his thing.

They wished he stayed indoors 100% of the time but the cat had other ideas. In the end he passed outside and it took days to find him. So in some instances I kinda see why a cat might need to go outside. But if it was raised indoor all its life I would certainly keep it indoors...
Post 481 IP   flag post
Quote:
I admit I know nothing about pets, but my buddy had a cat that was a stray outside cat. She found him in New York while on vacation and brought him to Florida. That cat apparently needed to be outdoors at some points of time. Apparently he would go bonkers inside the house. He didn't even use the litter box. He went to the bathroom while walking the dog. And he didn't need a leash. He just walked next to the dog and did his thing.

They wished he stayed indoors 100% of the time but the cat had other ideas. In the end he passed outside and it took days to find him. So in some instances I kinda see why a cat might need to go outside. But if it was raised indoor all its life I would certainly keep it indoors...

Yes, it's true that some cats do 'need' to be outdoors and can develop a kind of anxiety if not allowed out. In my experience, it happens only to cats that have lived much of their lives outside. Their sense of what is 'safe' is geared to the outdoor environment. Some cats can overcome that and other just can't. Still, I can guarantee that your friend's cat was better off with her than back on the streets.
Post 482 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The cat had the best years of its life with my buddy. She loved that cat like her own children. When the neighbor kicked the cat and shifted the inside organs to God knows where, she spend more than 2k on emergency vet bills without flinching.

Even I liked that cat. He was truly something special.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Quote:
The cat had the best years of its life with my buddy. She loved that cat like her own children. When the neighbor kicked the cat and shifted the inside organs to God knows where, she spend more than 2k on emergency vet bills without flinching.

A good cat is one of the best pets you could ever have. I'd drop money on mine, too, if they needed it. I spent a small fortune on my Copper over her lifetime because she had periodontal disease and needed dental cleanings.

PS: If a neighbour kicked my cat I would see to it that SOB paid for every dime of treatment for the cat and you can be sure I'd press charges, too.
Post 484 IP   flag post
She couldn't prove it.

The bastard was also a rich doctor in Boca Raton. Which is a wealthy city in Florida. He eventually moved away so the cat died of natural causes when he passed.

But yeah my buddy's husband is like 6 4 or something. Although he isn't the violent sort, I'm kinda surprised he didn't beat the tar outta him. The entire family loved that cat. The cat apparently loved being perched on his shoulders....
Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

A good cat is one of the best pets you could ever have. I'd drop money on mine, too, if they needed it. I spent a small fortune on my Copper over her lifetime because she had periodontal disease and needed dental cleanings.

PS: If a neighbour kicked my cat I would see to it that SOB paid for every dime of treatment for the cat and you can be sure I'd press charges, too.

Yeah I don't like that either. I charged a guy once when I watched him kick a squirrel that was on his porch. The squirrel was brave and climbed right back up in defiance and to get kicked a second time. That time I got out of my car and started across his lawn inviting him to kick me. Pussy went into his house and closed the door. Squirrel stayed on the porch.

Sometimes things work out. I hate seeing people being cruel to animals for no reason. There IS no reason to. My favorite recent story was the trophy hunter that got attacked and drowned by a crocodile.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Quote:
She couldn't prove it.

The bastard was also a rich doctor in Boca Raton. Which is a wealthy city in Florida. He eventually moved away so the cat died of natural causes when he passed.

But yeah my buddy's husband is like 6 4 or something. Although he isn't the violent sort, I'm kinda surprised he didn't beat the tar outta him. The entire family loved that cat. The cat apparently loved being perched on his shoulders....

Isn't that always the way? Privileged jerks getting away with $#it. I had a tall friend, too, whose B&W cat liked to sit on his shoulder. Cats love to look down on things from on high, and if they trust the person, a shoulder is as good a place as any!
Post 487 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I don't like that either. I charged a guy once when I watched him kick a squirrel that was on his porch. The squirrel was brave and climbed right back up in defiance and to get kicked a second time. That time I got out of my car and started across his lawn inviting him to kick me. Pussy went into his house and closed the door. Squirrel stayed on the porch.

Sometimes things work out. I hate seeing people being cruel to animals for no reason. There IS no reason to. My favorite recent story was the trophy hunter that got attacked and drowned by a crocodile.

Oh, yeah, as soon as something bigger than a squirrel came along, squirrel-kicker got scarce. I got news for jerkweeds like that: Your man-parts don't get manlier when you only have the nads to challenge things a fraction your size.

I'll confess to feeling some satisfaction whenever I hear about some 'trophy hunter' getting what's coming to 'em. Remember the @$$ who shot a 'trophy buck' that was up on a hill or something above him and it fell on top of him and that was the end of that? Guess what 'trophy' bucks are for, dumbasses: Making more healthy little deer and looking majestic so that anyone lucky enough to spot one can appreciate it. I can understand people hunting for food, especially when a family doesn't have much money, but this 'trophy' BS is sickening.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'll confess to feeling some satisfaction whenever I hear about some 'trophy hunter' getting what's coming to 'em. Remember the @$$ who shot a 'trophy buck' that was up on a hill or something above him and it fell on top of him and that was the end of that?

I can understand people experiencing schadenfreude in situations like this. But attending the funeral would greatly diminish ones enjoyment. Meeting the widow. The children who lost their father. The parents who lost their son. At least I hope it would.
Post 489 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
I'll confess to feeling some satisfaction whenever I hear about some 'trophy hunter' getting what's coming to 'em. Remember the @$$ who shot a 'trophy buck' that was up on a hill or something above him and it fell on top of him and that was the end of that?

I can understand people experiencing schadenfreude in situations like this. But attending the funeral would greatly diminish ones enjoyment. Meeting the widow. The children who lost their father. The parents who lost their son. At least I hope it would.

Or maybe @Byrdibyrd wishes the trophy buck took his entire family tree out as well.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Or maybe @Byrdibyrd wishes the trophy buck took his entire family tree out as well.

lol, presumably not. But it's just something that we tend to forget about when we compare humans with animals. The demise of a human typically has significant impact on their survivors. The two can't really be compared. I have to admit though, I'm not above having a chuckle at hearing about some dude meeting their demise in some obnoxiously stupid or egregious way.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The "Angry Girlfriend Variant" is now in a CBCS case!!!!

Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Oh damn ! I remember reading about that ! AHAHHA
Post 493 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth it was hilarious and heart wrenching all at the same time!! I'm happy to see it is being preserved for future generations!!! LOL
Post 494 IP   flag post
Think you could get Karen to sign it?
Post 495 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder what's on the other side?
Post 496 IP   flag post
https://www.newsweek.com/spider-man-comic-marvel-green-goblin-angry-girlfriend-1451590
Post 497 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
This is cool & crazy...

Robert Wadlow's Height Compared to Shaquille O'Neal....

Post 498 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O That is brilliant!! Yes, there's value in the book, but it has character, too! AWESOME!
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
This past weekend I was occupied with the local gem and mineral show I help set up at and display my dinosaur and eggs at...suring my free time I went around and visited the vendors checking for anything that might fit well my own needs..by random luck I ran right into Sarah Kee, one of the 3bstudents who helped discover the world's largest nautiloid specimen. She was fun to chat with and graciously gave me her address, and phone and text info so I can find a replica or model of the species for her to sign for my collection.

https://news.uark.edu/articles/11388/shell-shock-three-university-of-arkansas-students-find-world-s-longest-nautiloid-fossil#:~:text=Measuring%20seven%20feet%2C%20two%20inches%2C%20the%201963%20fossil,United%20States%20lay%20submerged%20beneath%20a%20shallow%20sea.
Post 500 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town How cool is that!?
Post 501 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Checked out a car museum yesterday on my road trip.

Love the lines and style on this black car and had to take a pic of the batmobile as well.

Post 502 IP   flag post
WOW! Gorgeous cars!!
Post 503 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd yeah it is a fantastic car museum.

Post 504 IP   flag post
@southerncross Love classic cars. Just beautiful.
Post 505 IP   flag post
600884 999 30