Just show something cool: Part 416283

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse Cool coins!
Post 26 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got some coins.

Post 27 IP   flag post
@GAC WOW!!! Those are excellent! Those last 3 in particular are really striking.
Post 28 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Thank you!! I appreciate that.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@GAC WOW!!! Those are excellent! Those last 3 in particular are really striking.

Hehe, “striking” when describing minted coins. Intentional?
Post 30 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Hehe, “striking” when describing minted coins. Intentional?

A bit, yes!
Post 32 IP   flag post
@WMorse Deadpool coin = awesome!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Wish I had.picked up more than 1 @Byrdibyrd! Good news is they are still out there...
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Totes don't remember this coat....

Post 35 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad uuummmm, did you bowl a 300? That seems like something someone would remember. If you did, and were in a league, then you probably got the coat at some function at the end of the season. I know how end of the season (pool) league parties go. I can understand a fuzzy memory, or no memory, in that scenario.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Oh, I remember the night. The coat was a longer delay than the ring I got. I put it in the closet as it was one of the last years I bowled. It was my second 300, the first came at another alley which ironically enough I didn't call home. Lanes 1 and 2. Smashed up against the carpeted wall with 80's and 90's graphics. That pair was a mind effer if you stood all the way left on lane 1.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I remember this specifically. I paid extra to have our team name on the side.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I paid extra to have our team name on the side.

I'd pay extra for that team name, too!!
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh from the bindery! Marvel vs DC/Amalgam custom bound collections!

More pictures in their thread

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Had meant to elaborate a bit more on my previous post @ Sydney Durso and my recent mail call from her.

Sydney is tied for third all time in years cheering for the team, at 7 years which alone places in her lofty company. Only one woman ever made it to eight, Vonciel Baker. Vanessa Baker, her sister, and Regina tucker as well as Sydney all cheered for 7 years. The solid pounding of that many years has to be harsh.

Sydney however did more...the day she left the squad she flew to Atlanta and interviwed with Ang Lee, regarding his movie Billy FLynn's long halftime walk. The actress who played as a Dallas cheerleader in the movie was coached for weeks by Sydney to speak proper texas style, and act talk and walk like a Dallas cheerleader. When the movie required choreographed actresses portraying the squad, Sydney did the choreography and helped advise....but unsatisfied with the result, she suited up herself and helped as a double through most of the halftime sequences. When shooting wrapped Sydney flew back to Dallas and decided to try her hand cheering for the Mavericks for a season before retiring. Subsequently she got married, has two kids and opened her own retail business in Dallas. She is a rather stunning example of a modern woman redefining her role in the world and someone I had always been fond of. To me it meant alot to get her to sign a few things, the moreso because I was able to discuss and arrange it directly with her through email . Thanks Sydney ! (Now Sydney Macarthur.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
The solid pounding of that many years has to be harsh

I can only imagine.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town She really is pretty amazing. You have to respect the way she took control and never compromised her standards. Not to mention that cheer is a serious and demanding sport!
Post 43 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here's something cool! Still sealed and in mint condition.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Her backstory is further amazing...she placed in the top five in the Texas MS. Teen pageant....where she was spotted by a recruiter for the squad. She was offered a chance to audition with a pass to the finals if she would try out. She was all of 17 years old and still in high school.

Unsure if she would get a place on the squad she moved herself and her mother to a hotel room in Dallas where she lived for 3 months until she was sure she was on the squad, while working and finishing school.

This is an article about her backstory for anyone that cares.

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2016/november/the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-behind-billy-lynns-long-halftime-walk/

She really is an amazing girl, and someone I enjoy having been able to interact with . I have well over 4,000 signed items from the squad and its members, but Sydney's autograph means a great deal to me
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Here's something cool! Still sealed and in mint condition.

Yay the super friends! awesome
Post 46 IP   flag post
@sborock CLASSICS! So excellent. Great Dick Giordano portrait art on the two Supermans and the Aquaman.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Black Friday purchase finally arrived today. Awesome Batman 423 homage.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I know jack squat about Bats or issues.... I knew exactly what this was and googoo'ed it just to make sure. Bow down to Todd.
Post 49 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
WIP. 35 years of Mario.

Post 50 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
You all might remember these nice foam pieces to fill out sports card boxes and such... well I found a box from my old card shop so I tried them for shipping comics and had an aha! moment.
3 of them side by side adds a perfect end cushion to priority mail boxes.

Post 51 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this in the Facebook group yesterday. Did you know that the new CBCS cases glow when you shine a black light on them? Apparently, the CGC and old CBCS cases do not do that.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Now I need to find my old blacklight and test it...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
3 of them side by side adds a perfect end cushion to priority mail boxes.

Were you still able to get a slab in? I find there's not room for much more than a double-folded small bubble wrap on each end when shipping slabs.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia If you can find them, try regional rate Priority Mail boxes rather than Flat Rate. The dimensions are slightly different and I find slabs fit better in them because they're a bit longer. I have to special order the ones I use, but the boxes are free, so no big deal.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615416 999 30