Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I like how you got him in a harness vs just a leash. I imagine that's much more comfortable for the dog.

Safer for the dog while in the car, too.
Post 451 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Paralyzed fella is able to communicate finally. Wants a beer.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/want-beer-paralysed-man-communicates-154452109.html
Post 452 IP   flag post
FINALLY ON DISPLAY!!!

My collection of Godzilla & Gamera DVDs/Blu-Rays. It's as complete as I can make it so far, with bootlegs of things not readily available, like the Japanese version of "King Kong vs. Godzilla" (sub-titled) and the Japanese version of "Godzilla 1984" (sub-titled). Also includes tie-ins to the Godzilla franchise, such as Mothra, Rodan, Varan, Atragon, Space Amoeba, Dogora, etc., etc.

Post 453 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 454 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
If you like mystery boxes that don't suck, I have my best ones I've ever put together tomorrow night, Saturday 11pm EST on WhatNot. Only 10 boxes total.. Here's the preview, I think its pretty cool lol
clickable text
Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Not the best picture but my neighbor gave me a Space Duel cocktail arcade game powered it up and it works great. Just figuring what to do with it this thing is HEAVY!!

Post 456 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Just figuring what to do with it...

You enjoy it and play! Grats on the cool pickup.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Thanks I will definitely enjoy playing it. Not looking forward to taking it down my basement steps though as it’s extremely heavy.
Post 458 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Hand truck / dolly?

I moved two 300 pound, awkwardly shaped pinball machines into my basement. High quality dolly.

Moved a 130 lb gross weight amp… dolly.

Ratcheted straps plus dolly… have found it very useful.

Edit: the issue with the amp was shape of box and importance in not dropping/jerking box around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
@GanaSoth Thanks I will definitely enjoy playing it. Not looking forward to taking it down my basement steps though as it’s extremely heavy.
Post 459 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
This fool got a new toy yesterday because it was his birthday. He got this so called "rabbit" today. I think it looks more like a hybrid of a turkey leg, grenade, and bowling pin.

Post 460 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
But did he like it?
Post 461 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It seems like it. Should I try to take it from him to find out?
Post 462 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It seems like it. Should I try to take it from him to find out?

How much tug-o-war do you want?
Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
the dog was just scared and didn't know where the pet-parents were. An aggressive attack by a large dog is a completely different situation and deeply traumatic.

I have never seen an "aggressive" attack. What you outlined here are both "fear aggression" instances.

I have seen an attack that defied logic. My sister was riding her bike down a neighbourhood street just like kids do all the time. She was in the street like she was supposed to be - not on the sidewalk passing close to people's properties - and there were no cars on the road at the time. She passed a property a few doors down from us and the dog there - big mixed breed - ran out and grabbed her by the leg, pulled her off her bike, gave her one shake and then left her on the street after the owner called him back. She hadn't been doing anything at all that kids didn't do everyday in a neighbourhood that was near a school. Why the dog decided she was a target when she wasn't being loud or trespassing on the dog's property is unknown. The dog was kept in the fenced yard after that and only taken out on a leash. My sister had some road rash and a few puncture wounds to her leg, but was otherwise all right. She didn't develop a fear of dogs, but I did notice that she never rode her bike again after that.

I don't blame the dog for what happened. There are some dogs that require more training and supervision than others and a lot of knuckleheaded dog owners who are in denial of that. At least in this instance, the dog owner saw the light. No more free-roaming for that dog.

I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured or develop a fear of dogs. For many dogs, it's the prey thing. Motion triggers it. I have a dog just like that. She's fine if someone is walking by. Running or jogging or bike riding or car driving and she goes mental. Run run run bark bark bark.

She has to be on leash on my own lawn.
Post 464 IP   flag post
They sell these on Etsy. Ordered.

Post 465 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the dog was just scared and didn't know where the pet-parents were. An aggressive attack by a large dog is a completely different situation and deeply traumatic.

I have never seen an "aggressive" attack. What you outlined here are both "fear aggression" instances.

I have seen an attack that defied logic. My sister was riding her bike down a neighbourhood street just like kids do all the time. She was in the street like she was supposed to be - not on the sidewalk passing close to people's properties - and there were no cars on the road at the time. She passed a property a few doors down from us and the dog there - big mixed breed - ran out and grabbed her by the leg, pulled her off her bike, gave her one shake and then left her on the street after the owner called him back. She hadn't been doing anything at all that kids didn't do everyday in a neighbourhood that was near a school. Why the dog decided she was a target when she wasn't being loud or trespassing on the dog's property is unknown. The dog was kept in the fenced yard after that and only taken out on a leash. My sister had some road rash and a few puncture wounds to her leg, but was otherwise all right. She didn't develop a fear of dogs, but I did notice that she never rode her bike again after that.

I don't blame the dog for what happened. There are some dogs that require more training and supervision than others and a lot of knuckleheaded dog owners who are in denial of that. At least in this instance, the dog owner saw the light. No more free-roaming for that dog.

I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured or develop a fear of dogs. For many dogs, it's the prey thing. Motion triggers it. I have a dog just like that. She's fine if someone is walking by. Running or jogging or bike riding or car driving and she goes mental. Run run run bark bark bark.

She has to be on leash on my own lawn.

Some dogs definitely have a very strong predator/prey instinct. The best thing to do about that is exactly what you're doing: leash and/or enclose the dog. Safe and simple. There's no need to take it to the crazy level and try to euthanise all the dogs. That's just dumb. Equally dumb, though, are folks who know their dog has that issue and refuse to do anything about it. I'm sure that's how my sister got dragged off her bike by that dog.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Our Tuco (L) and Daisy (R) when they were young.
Post 467 IP   flag post
@ticktocktyler They're lovely dogs! I'm not seeing a size reference, but beagle/beagle-cross? Beagles are wonderful dogs - so intelligent and with a sense of humour that not all working dogs/hounds will have.
Post 468 IP   flag post
Quote:
@ticktocktyler They're lovely dogs! I'm not seeing a size reference, but beagle/beagle-cross? Beagles are wonderful dogs - so intelligent and with a sense of humour that not all working dogs/hounds will have.

Daisy on the right is a 13" beagle and Tuco is pretty much standard.

Daisy is 17 now. Got her when she was 3. She was blown into the woods by hurricane Katrina. Lived there for a couple years and was found by hunters. We adopted her from Mississippi.

Tuco was put in a trash bag with the trash, set out with the trash as the people moved. The neighbors looked out their window, saw the bag thrashing, went over and tore it open and out tumbled Tuco. We adopted him from the same shelter we got Daisy from the year before.
Post 469 IP   flag post
@ticktocktyler Our last dog was Piper, a schipperke. Herding dogs do the chase-and-bark thing, too, so she had to have an enclosed yard as well! Excuse the photo, it's pretty old and hasn't handled the passage of time well.

Post 470 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Daisy is 17 now. Got her when she was 3. She was blown into the woods by hurricane Katrina. Lived there for a couple years and was found by hunters. We adopted her from Mississippi.

Tuco was put in a trash bag with the trash, set out with the trash as the people moved. The neighbors looked out their window, saw the bag thrashing, went over and tore it open and out tumbled Tuco. We adopted him from the same shelter we got Daisy from the year before.

It stuns me the way people treat their pets sometimes. The animal thinks of their people as their family and the people should have the decency to reciprocate. If they can't do it, they should never EVER have a pet. Who in the **** throws a dog out in the trash! Disgusting. There's no excuse, especially when there are shelters all over the country.

My B&W cat, Noodle, was dumped by the side of the road at 2 weeks old and had to be bottle-fed. She has serious separation anxiety as a result and if I'm not around she won't let anyone near her. Whoever mistreated her should try it now. She weighs nearly 18 pounds and would probably send them to the ER.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Quote:

Tuco - as a 2 month old puppy - was put in a trash bag with the trash, set out with the trash as the people moved. The neighbors looked out their window, saw the bag thrashing, went over and tore it open and out tumbled Tuco. We adopted him from the same shelter we got Daisy from the year before.
Post 472 IP   flag post
Blue people. I just found out it is such a thing....

https://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/circulatory/blue-people-kentucky.htm
Post 473 IP   flag post
Quote:
@ticktocktyler Our last dog was Piper, a schipperke. Herding dogs do the chase-and-bark thing, too, so she had to have an enclosed yard as well! Excuse the photo, it's pretty old and hasn't handled the passage of time well.

What a beauty! Very intense dogs, aren't they?
Post 474 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It stuns me the way people treat their pets sometimes. The animal thinks of their people as their family and the people should have the decency to reciprocate. If they can't do it, they should never EVER have a pet. Who in the **** throws a dog out in the trash! Disgusting. There's no excuse, especially when there are shelters all over the country.

My B&W cat, Noodle, was dumped by the side of the road at 2 weeks old and had to be bottle-fed. She has serious separation anxiety as a result and if I'm not around she won't let anyone near her. Whoever mistreated her should try it now. She weighs nearly 18 pounds and would probably send them to the ER.

I run a pet sitting/dogwalking service and am involved in animal rescue both here and internationally. We have seen it all.

We have clients who are well meaning but uneducated and clients who see pets as furniture or want one to complete their nuclear family action figure collection.

I am fearless when it comes to(yes)TELLING people where the bear shits in the buckwheat when I see poor treatment. Most people who hire us are already well aware of their responsibilities and are happy to have their dog walked midday.

It's the ones who think 14 hours between peeing is ok. People like that don't call, though. The people who go on vacation and feel a morning let out and a 7pm let out is ok are treated to a lecture and our minimum drop in policy: 7am, 1pm, 7pm. When they resist, we simply say "We won't be a part of this" and excuse ourselves from the consult.
Post 475 IP   flag post
I am the ArchDuke of FB jail. Last year, I was suspended 6 months out of the year. This year is looking about the same. LOL!

Post 476 IP   flag post

Post 477 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

What a beauty! Very intense dogs, aren't they?

We had two, Piper and Oliver. Sweet little dogs, and very active. They need some training because their herding instinct and small size combine to make them a little nippy. No outright biting, but since they can't rely on size to get whatever they're herding to cooperate, they nip heels and such. Some training will get them to shove instead, but as I'm sure you know, you can't stop herding dogs from herding. They're highly intelligent and also make excellent ratters. Great choice for people who have cat allergies and a vermin problem that they need resolved!
Post 478 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Blue people. I just found out it is such a thing....

https://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/circulatory/blue-people-kentucky.htm

Wow. I didn't know either.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I run a pet sitting/dogwalking service and am involved in animal rescue both here and internationally. We have seen it all.

We have clients who are well meaning but uneducated and clients who see pets as furniture or want one to complete their nuclear family action figure collection.

I am fearless when it comes to(yes)TELLING people where the bear shits in the buckwheat when I see poor treatment. Most people who hire us are already well aware of their responsibilities and are happy to have their dog walked midday.

It's the ones who think 14 hours between peeing is ok. People like that don't call, though. The people who go on vacation and feel a morning let out and a 7pm let out is ok are treated to a lecture and our minimum drop in policy: 7am, 1pm, 7pm. When they resist, we simply say "We won't be a part of this" and excuse ourselves from the consult.

My family has a policy with dogs. If you want a dog, you must have an enclosed yard with shelter for the dog, and if you aren't going to walk the dog regularly, you will have a pet door. End of discussion. The only time we've had dogs making messes in the house has been during puppy housetraining and with dogs that are elderly and incontinent.

In high school I worked at a boarding kennel. I fed, watered, walked, and cleaned up after the dogs every weekday after school. I also did some brushing on the long-haired dogs but no serious grooming as I didn't have the right training for that. You would not believe how many people would drop off their pets while they went on a 'family vacation' and then never came back to pick them up. At least they weren't dumping them in alleyways and rural areas, but come on!

I tend to get a little outspoken, too, when it comes to pets. Want a lecture on why indoor cats live longer and bond more closely with their pet parents than outdoor cats? I will be happy to oblige. And don't give me that 'indoor/outdoor cat so it's okay because the cat can come inside when there's a problem' rubbish. Does Fluffy go outside where there are cars and coyotes and large birds of prey and mean people and parasites? Then Fluffy is an outdoor cat! Keep your pet safe by keeping the cat indoors and scheduling time during the day to interact with the cat so they have the stimulation they would be missing by not going outdoors. If you can't handle the extra 'burden' then don't get a pet!!
Post 480 IP   flag post
601461 999 30