Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 416283

Collector Bprov22 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you
Post 326 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Thank you!! Do you like ASM comics?
Post 327 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bprov22 AS-M is one of my favourite series, in fact, one of my crown jewels is a (very beat up) copy of AS-M #1.

I bought it for $150 back in the 90s. I can safely say that it was a good investment.
Post 328 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd WOW good stuff. Did you buy it graded? if not, did you ship it CBCS or drop it off?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bprov22
@Byrdibyrd WOW good stuff. Did you buy it graded? if not, did you ship it CBCS or drop it off?

CBCS wasn’t around in the 90’s my friend.
Post 330 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this cool or weird or if its even real...

Post 331 IP   flag post
Quote:

I bought it raw. When I finally decided to have it graded, I shipped it to CBCS via USPS Registered because I was able to insure it for the full amount and that shipping method is the safest and most secure. Part of the reason I decided to send it when I did was that I wanted to be able to avoid the cost of paying a percentage of FMV in order to have the book graded. The book is in such a condition that I was able to use Rapid tier for it. If I continued to wait, though, I would wind up with a big bill from CBCS, because it may be low grade, but it's still an AS-M #1 so it won't stop increasing in value.
Post 332 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd whew! Glad to you got the rapid tier when you did then!! Yeah some of my books can pass for both rapid tier and express tiers and im nervous to send them in to get graded 😅
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user

How about my Family Bible from 1789?

It had passed down through multiple generations and ended up in a completely unrelated family where it has spent more than 100 years. I inadvertently found it and the then-current owners passed it back to me.

Not sure if I should send it in to get it graded or not...

PDG
Post 334 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd whew! Glad to you got the rapid tier when you did then!! Yeah some of my books can pass for both rapid tier and express tiers and im nervous to send them in to get graded 😅

It's a tough decision sometimes. Some folks like to wait for a convention or something so they can personally hand books in to a CBCS rep, but I figure it'll still be getting transported from point A to point B after that, so I might as well ship it myself. As for when to send that book in particular, in addition to cost savings, the longer I wait to grade older books - especially beat up ones - the more fragile they can potentially become, and I wanted the best outcome for the book, so away it went.
Post 335 IP   flag post
@PDGray That is amazing. So nice to have some family history back in the family! Will you be getting a press with that grade...?
Post 336 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

It's a tough decision sometimes. Some folks like to wait for a convention or something so they can personally hand books in to a CBCS rep, but I figure it'll still be getting transported from point A to point B after that, so I might as well ship it myself. As for when to send that book in particular, in addition to cost savings, the longer I wait to grade older books - especially beat up ones - the more fragile they can potentially become, and I wanted the best outcome for the book, so away it went.

I’ve heard both good and bad things about getting comics/cards graded at conventions. And I totally agree that at some people I’m going to have to either move them from point A to point B and then point B back to point A. So either way I do it, I’ll need to make sure they are secure!(: and wow you’re so right about the older books becoming more fragile the longer I have them not slabbed/graded. I am now on my way to the nearest hobby lobby or card shop to get a top loader to keep in until they are graded! I feel like once they are in the top loader I’ll feel much safer shipping.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I’ve heard both good and bad things about getting comics/cards graded at conventions. And I totally agree that at some people I’m going to have to either move them from point A to point B and then point B back to point A. So either way I do it, I’ll need to make sure they are secure!(: and wow you’re so right about the older books becoming more fragile the longer I have them not slabbed/graded. I am now on my way to the nearest hobby lobby or card shop to get a top loader to keep in until they are graded! I feel like once they are in the top loader I’ll feel much safer shipping.

I've never had a book graded at a convention, but I've heard good & bad about it, too. Conventions where they'll do that are few for me, so my options are clear: Either ship it or go to a lot of trouble transporting things to a convention that will likely be very far away. Might as well just ship it and save the convention $$$ to pay for the grading!
Post 338 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
zett
Back in the late seventies and early eighties when the Dallas cheerleaders were at the height of their popularity and were in every game show, every tv series, and telethon, there were three sisters who cheered for the team. The scholz sisters, Suzette, Stephanie and Sheri. In the early nineties they released a tell all book that told about their experiences. It served to alienate them from the squad and they generally are never invited to alumn events . The youngest sister passed away a few years back....

I had always wanted to somehow get their autographs but they are tough to reach, and do not respond on their social media accounts etc. Then I learned there were actually signed copies of the book out there to be had....I almost locked in a trade for one, but the guy was determined he also wanted Grimlocks food dish and my left kidney so I let it go. I then located a copy signed by the two livings sisters, I promplty grabbed at a very cheap price. I finally located a copy signed by all three and not just any copy...this one was dedicated to Jim Fitzgerald of Saint Martins press for his help and efforts to get the book done. It cost a pretty penny but thats another checkmark on my list of things I wanted.

First picture is the copy signed by two..the next is all three girls.

ALso landed a wooden pen and box set given to one of the girls for her part in the USSO shows done that year ......very nice set. I wonder why she let it go...but its part of the collection now

A few custom done Hot wheels that were made for me....and even a model Van. Last few pictures are one of the girls poms, with her name on the handles
Post 339 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

Yknow I collect a wide variety of stuff beyond comics, but the range of stuff you collect is astronomical....
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I have a deep investment in time and cash with my girls from texas and always find a way to keep it coming back , somehow. It is one of my favorite things.....aside from Traci Lords, Marily Monroe, non sports cards, sports cards, spheres, and dinosaurs of course. Love my dinosaurs too...and somehow I managed to get a few comic books too. oh and statues and action figures and transformers, and ....
Post 341 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Don't you love it when you come across something you forgot you had? Signed by George Perez.

Post 342 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Off to meet Biz...

Post 343 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this has been shared yet here, and I don't know how "cool" it is, but there isn't a "show something trippy" thread.

The "39 yard line" is debatable, but close enough.

Post 344 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 345 IP   flag post
@ComicNinja0215 Cool cover!
Post 346 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd aside from the true believers, that's as close as I'm getting to the orginal lol
Post 347 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@Byrdibyrd aside from the true believers, that's as close as I'm getting to the orginal lol

I have a tweaked one that I won as part of a grab bag, but that's it! No way am I buying the real deal nowadays.
Post 348 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd I feel ya there
Post 349 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
It's nice to know that time can occasionally level the playing field a bit for us regular folk. Also nice to see that a Hollywood marriage can sometimes stand the ravages of time:

Post 350 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Pulled a dead rat out of a crawl space yesterday. He wasn't even that far gone and had already started smelling bad.

Post 351 IP   flag post
Post 352 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Boy he is plump. I hope he finds have friends
Post 353 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He was the second one. The first one was some time ago, but in much worse condition.

Post 354 IP   flag post
🤢🤮
Post 355 IP   flag post
600777 999 30