Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Judas Priest "Screaming For Vengeance" graphic novel in the works!!!16270

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

article

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
NOV 23RD, 2021 - 12:13PM Posted by wookubus2
Judas Priest‘s 2x multi-platinum 1982 album “Screaming For Vengeance” serves as the inspiration for a new graphic novel set to be released in July of 2022. The band have partnered with Z2 Comics for that release, having enlisted writers Rantz Hoseley (Comic Book Tattoo, the Heroin Diaries) and Neil Kleid (Savor), and artist Christopher Mitten (Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.) to flesh out the book.

An official press release states:

‘500 years from now, a ring of cities orbit high above the surface of a dead world, controlled by a ruling elite that maintains power through manipulation and brutality. When a naïve engineer inadvertently threatens the status quo with his vital scientific discovery… A BLOODSTONE… he is betrayed by those he trusted and cast out to the broken planet below. In the wreckage and desolation of a broken world where every day is a battle for survival, he must choose between accepting his new life in exile…or SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE.’

There is also a Hellion statue. Link to preorders in the article.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Stardust_Memories private msg quote post Address this user
m/ a whole series would be great, I can envision a sad wings/killing machine/painkiller/turbo...uh nah maybe not
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. I can't see me buying it, though, even though I do like the music of Judas Priest.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Maiden had a few of these a while back to promote the Legacy of the Beast tour I think.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
The electric eye was a great comment on the world at that time. It is even more relevant today.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600811 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?