Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor SaleMovies TelevisionPop Culture

The Rise of...16264

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
the Midnight Sons.

Are you tired of the typical Marvel Superhero genre? Not to worry, Marvel has already dropped Darkhold in Agents of Shield and WandaVision and now has Blade & Moon Knight rights in the MCU and Ghost rider re-emerging. 2022 looks to be a darker, gritier MCU.

With 2022 right around the corner, we have a January 28th release of Morbius with Jared Leto as the lead.

Marvel will be celebrating “The Year of Vengeance” with a new Ghost Rider series and a return of Johnny Blaze (the original Spirit of Vengeance host) which coincides with the 50th Anniversary of his first appearance in 1972.

Doctor Strange 2 looks like a March 2022 release with Johnny Blaze & Ghost Rider in the cast of characters.

Moon Knight coming to TV in 2022

Later, in the 2nd half of 2022 a Marvel's Midnight Suns Video game by Firaxis is scheduled to be released.

The video game release looks to coincide with an October Blade Motion Picture release with Night Stalker, Hannibal King introduced. Eternals Spoiler alert...There is a Blade appearance of sorts in the Eternals credits.

In celebration of these coming events, I have placed the full 1992 six issues of the Rise of the Midnight Sons in the current MCS $1 starting bid auction which ends Monday Nov 29. Their Nuke proof shipping start at a reasonable $7. Here is the link to the auctions: Direct Auction Link. Below are the pics of the Series. There has already been some movement on their values. If you don't have them but want them, you may not want to wait much longer. I also have a few other comics in this auction and I they are not just Alpha Flight or WildCATS. Hit the link above to see.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, by the way, each of the Rise of the Midnight Sons series are encased within the new sonicweld holders.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
That was a good read. I have 1 or 2 of all but part 1 I think.

Spirits of Vengeance was good too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
In the Darkhold #1 Vol 1, there are 10 first appearances:

Darkhold Redeemers (First appearance)
Vicki Montesi (First appearance)
Sam Buchanan (First appearance)
Louise Hastings (First appearance)

Supporting Characters:

Nash (First appearance)
Father Vittorio (First appearance)

Adversaries:

Darkholders
Donald Walsh (First appearance)
Dwarf (First appearance)

Lilin
Doc (First appearance)
Morty Thurnton (First appearance)
Post 4 IP   flag post
In Ghost Rider 28, we have the following 1st Appearances:

Supporting Characters:
Caretaker (First appearance)

Antagonists:
Lilith (First appearance)
(In a vision)
Meatmarket (First appearance)
(In a vision)
Nakota (First appearance)
(In a vision)
Pilgrim (First appearance)
(In a vision)
Dwarf (First appearance)
(In a vision)

Other Characters:

The Nine (First appearance)
(Vision)
Morbius (Vision)
Louise Hastings (First appearance)
(Vision)
Victoria Montesi (First appearance)
(Vision)
Sam Buchanan (First appearance)

Races and Species:
Lilin (First appearance)

Vehicles:
John Blaze's Motorcycle (First appearance)
Post 5 IP   flag post
In Ghost Rider Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #1 we have the following 4 1st appearances, in addition to this being the 1st Spirits of Vengeance title.

Supporting Characters:
George Waters (First appearance)
Marianne Waters (First appearance)
Wolf (First appearance)
Eli (First appearance)

For Morbius, the Living Vampire #1, while there are no 1st appearances, this does again hit the Key zone as being the first Morbius titled comic in addition to being part 3 of the 6 part Rise of the Midnight Sons series.
Post 6 IP   flag post
With NightStalkers #1 Vol 1, we have:

Featured Characters:
Nightstalkers (First appearance)
Frank Drake
(Joins team)
Blade (Eric Brooks)
(Joins team)
Hannibal King
(Joins team)
Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch)
Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance
John Blaze
Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)

Items:
Exorcist Gun (First appearance)
Post 7 IP   flag post
In this wrap up of the Rise of the Midnight Sons, there are no first appearances other than the disembodied spirit of Dan Ketch being resurrected into the corpse of dead Lilin, Meatmarket. Additionally we have the full “Chosen Nine” Midnight Sons battle/defeat Lilith and the Lilan.

Featured Characters:
Dan Ketch (As disembodied spirit)
Ghost Rider |linkGhost Rider

Supporting Characters:
The Nine:
John Blaze
Morbius
Louise Hastings
Victoria Montesi
Sam Buchanan
Blade (Eric Brooks)
Frank Drake
Hannibal King
Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)

Antagonists:
Lilith
Lilin
Doc
Nakota
Fang
Pilgrim
Blackout
Meatmarket
Post 8 IP   flag post
With the auctions ending in a few hours, the current bids on the Series issues are:

Darkhold #1 Vol 1 - $22

Ghost Rider #28 - $66

Ghost Rider #31 - $21

Ghost Rider, Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #1 Vol 1 - $12

Morbius, the Living Vampire #1 Vol 1 - $49

Nightstarlkers #1 Vol 1 - $13

Happy bidding!
Post 9 IP   flag post
598088 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?