Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

submitting signed books and comic tom 101 golden ticket.16248

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@sportshort we can find a time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully @batman66 can make it, otherwise it will just be us girls again.

Awesome either way.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICECOLDB
@EbayMafia but they are the only game in town that does yellow label for Unwitnessed signatures and my coworker really wants to have his books slabbed

Dude, I am in the same boat. I sent in my first submission to CBCS with 4 books that need a verified sigs. That is was the end of August. Took them two months to get received. There are hundreds, if not thousands, waiting.

With the current labor shortage, economic conditions, Transportation problems, and other issues, things are not going to get any better anytime soon. I would just sit back and wait like the rest of us.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Pauls314 private msg quote post Address this user
I used the ComicTom Golden ticket to submit 5 books for grading, following the instructions on Tom’s site. When I got everything back I was charged a grading fee on all 5 books. I sent an e-mail asking why I was charged for all 5 books and never got a response.
The next month I received another ComicTom golden ticket... I threw it out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls314
I used the ComicTom Golden ticket to submit 5 books for grading, following the instructions on Tom’s site. When I got everything back I was charged a grading fee on all 5 books. I sent an e-mail asking why I was charged for all 5 books and never got a response.

Gonna guess Comic Tom is a YouTube person(so bs artist/self promoter)...anyone bother to see if these were legit coupons/promos??? Don't recall seeing any official word from CBCS on the home page or news page or facebook relating to Comic Tim
Post 29 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
After locating a golden ticket on Ebay, I read the back it seems a scam. With things going at CBCS as it is today, why would they partner with anyone to give away any free grading?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICECOLDB
customer service suck

it always suck even before there where backlogged, will get back to you #SOON.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls314

Gonna guess Comic Tom is a YouTube person(so bs artist/self promoter)...anyone bother to see if these were legit coupons/promos??? Don't recall seeing any official word from CBCS on the home page or news page or facebook relating to Comic Tim

Comictom101 is a You Tuber. He is supported by KeyCollector. Some content is good and some of it is FOMO like the KeyCollector app. He can get a little annoying especially when he flings his arms around at the camera. I also have books sent to CBCS and eventually I will get them back. I am not too worried about it.My books were shown as processing on May 24th 2021.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch.....I just watch some of this "ComicTom".....hurts my ears and eyes - not what I'm looking for in a Tom
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector PressMeComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have sent in two golden tickets and neither have been honored. I contacted Tom who asked if they were all modern even though that is NOT stated on the ticket or the instructions. The first one were not but the second one was. The only thing I can think of is that adding signature confirmation is not intended with the coupon. When I contacted customer support I was told to email Daryl Hayden, who I think is @Darryl_H in the forums, but I have not heard a peep from after three emails. No other way to contact the user! My third golden ticket is all modern, no signatures. I expect it to not be honored and stated that it has expired WHILE sitting at their facility to be opened. I now have a fourth ticket but I'm not using at this stage of the game.

UPDATE: Your invoice will not show zero for one of the books which is what most people will expect. Your credit will appear under "Fees" and for me the value is in parentheses which Google says is a way to show a negative amount in Accounting. Simple math validated this to be true so all three of my golden tickets have now been honored.
Post 35 IP   flag post
601468 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?