Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

submitting signed books and comic tom 101 golden ticket.16248

Collector ICECOLDB private msg quote post Address this user
so I emailed cbcs 3 times in the last 2 weeks asking about submitting signed books. I have never submitted books to them. I have 5 signed Jon Bernthal books that me and a coworker got signed and paid the extra for the JSA Authentication. question is do I send in the JSA Authentication with the books or hold it back. 2nd question was I got a comic tom 101 golden ticket for buy 4 get one free does this work on signature books. I have yet to get a email back and even tried to call that was a horrible call I could barely hear the guy, I could hear my own voice feedback high pitch noise and when I asked the guy questions he just kept telling me they'll get to my email though respond to my email to my email and that's all you could say. please help thanks to all.
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like the JSA Authentication is just a COA - no need to include it with the books - it will play no part in the signature verification process.

No idea about that comic Tom thing - never heard of him or the promo?? golden ticket.
What do the details say on the other side?

Guessing it would work on the grading fee but not the signature verification fees
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Your certificate of authenticity won't do any good, might as well keep them. I'm quite sure the ticket will only apply to grading, not to signature verification. I would just fill out the submission for 5 books, write "1 free with Golden Ticket" and ship them in with the ticket included.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ICECOLDB Please check the Newbie’s Guide for information on services and submitting to CBCS

The ComicTom website is listed on the ticket. A simple search turns up these instructions
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you for for the info. Why does cbcs customer service suck and never reply to email
Post 6 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
@ICECOLDB

Because they are backlogged with 10 billion people asking where their submissions are and CBCS is having a problem hiring someone to answer the phone and emails about where people's books are.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@ICECOLDB
How about you take some responsibility and do your own research. All the info you needed about submitting signed books is on the CBCS site.
Additionally, if you had just looked up the website on the ticket, you would have had your answer for how to use the ticket.

Not their fault you’re lazy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Hexigore when my wife had to migrate her college courses online in the lockdown she said there was an interesting fallout. About 80% of the students were fine with having to read the prepared online resources regarding assignment due dates and test dates. But about 20% really struggled with it. They were so accustomed to having the teacher spoon feed them the information verbally right when they needed it. They were very resistant to having to go personally look for information that had been prepared in advance for them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Hexigore ok keyboard tuff guy. I did look but want Confirmation to make sure I was doing it correctly and hearing they've been losing a lot of books lately. This is my first submission for books to get graded. I sent a email to cgc and they got back to one day later
Post 10 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite thanks I did see that info on comic toms website but was not sure if it covers just the grading or the grading and the signature verification
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICECOLDB
and hearing they've been losing a lot of books lately.

Can you back up that statement with a reference? I’ve never known a grading company to lose a book. Much less “a lot” of books.

Maybe they’re backlogged and haven’t logged them in yet. But I highly doubt a single book they have received has been lost.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
I did look but want Confirmation to make sure I was doing it correctly and hearing they've been losing a lot of books lately.

Given your concerns and the experience you've had so far, I would not submit those books if I were you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Drogio maybe it's just people blowing smoke but seen a bunch of people in different areas complaining in the last month or so
Post 14 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia but they are the only game in town that does yellow label for Unwitnessed signatures and my coworker really wants to have his books slabbed
Post 15 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Hey the guy just had questions. A little kindness goes a long way. Try it, you just might like it. The Golden Rule is awesome we just need to apply it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Drogio maybe it's just people blowing smoke but seen a bunch of people in different areas complaining in the last month or so

My only gripe is the turn around times....but CGC is not much better - sure, sure...they can open and log books in quicker with confirmation of receipt - but that's not reallly much to be tooting your own horn about.

Sorry - second gripe but is a CBCS Canada issue and until boarders are completely open and proof of covid status or a test is gone I will give those issues a pass - still not happy and am sure it could have been handled better -but a pass none the less
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Hey the guy just had questions. A little kindness goes a long way. Try it, you just might like it. The Golden Rule is awesome we just need to apply it.

@sportshort I answered the question completely in the 4th post. If that answer is not good enough, then I would suggest holding onto the books until CBCS has this difficult climate behind them.
@ICECOLDB You have 3 options: Don't submit, forget about the ticket and submit later when things are better, submit now and experience the delays and lack of communication that everyone else is experiencing in the current climate. I personally would forget about the ticket and submit when you are more comfortable with the situation at CBCS.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@sportshort I answered the question completely in the 4th post. If that answer is not good enough, then I would suggest holding onto the books until CBCS has this difficult climate behind them.
@ICECOLDB You have 3 options: Don't submit, forget about the ticket and submit later when things are better, submit now and experience the delays and lack of communication that everyone else is experiencing in the current climate. I personally would forget about the ticket and submit when you are more comfortable with the situation at CBCS.

I didn't necessarily mean anyone in particular, I just see newbies asking the same question over and over and then getting run out of town on a rail. How would they know how many times the question has been asked? they are in fact newbies. I started submitting to CBCS after I checked out the toxic forum at CGC. I couldn't stomach the way they treated newbies or anyone with a question. I dig it here, more than I mind it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia, We still need to do lunch with @batman66.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia, We still need to do lunch with @batman66.

I know huh, I found another favorite place in your part of town. Tutti Fresco on 17th near the I5.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Been there I love it. Since I don't have a car, I am always at the mercy of the kindness of others. BTW, my turn to treat, let me know if you can make it before the holiday's are upon us?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@sportshort we can find a time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully @batman66 can make it, otherwise it will just be us girls again.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I didn't necessarily mean anyone in particular, I just see newbies asking the same question over and over and then getting run out of town on a rail. How would they know how many times the question has been asked? they are in fact newbies. I started submitting to CBCS after I checked out the toxic forum at CGC. I couldn't stomach the way they treated newbies or anyone with a question. I dig it here, more than I mind it.

For me it was more saying books are being lost…that’s pretty serious. Newbie or senior member, I’m going to ask questions. But if the source is coming from the CGC forums that says a lot about credibility, for example.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

For me it was more saying books are being lost…that’s pretty serious. Newbie or senior member, I’m going to ask questions. But if the source is coming from the CGC forums that says a lot about credibility, for example.

Agreed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@sportshort we can find a time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully @batman66 can make it, otherwise it will just be us girls again.

Awesome either way.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia but they are the only game in town that does yellow label for Unwitnessed signatures and my coworker really wants to have his books slabbed

Dude, I am in the same boat. I sent in my first submission to CBCS with 4 books that need a verified sigs. That is was the end of August. Took them two months to get received. There are hundreds, if not thousands, waiting.

With the current labor shortage, economic conditions, Transportation problems, and other issues, things are not going to get any better anytime soon. I would just sit back and wait like the rest of us.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Pauls314 private msg quote post Address this user
I used the ComicTom Golden ticket to submit 5 books for grading, following the instructions on Tom’s site. When I got everything back I was charged a grading fee on all 5 books. I sent an e-mail asking why I was charged for all 5 books and never got a response.
The next month I received another ComicTom golden ticket... I threw it out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls314
I used the ComicTom Golden ticket to submit 5 books for grading, following the instructions on Tom’s site. When I got everything back I was charged a grading fee on all 5 books. I sent an e-mail asking why I was charged for all 5 books and never got a response.
The next month I received another ComicTom golden ticket... I threw it out.

Gonna guess Comic Tom is a YouTube person(so bs artist/self promoter)...anyone bother to see if these were legit coupons/promos??? Don't recall seeing any official word from CBCS on the home page or news page or facebook relating to Comic Tim
Post 29 IP   flag post
After locating a golden ticket on Ebay, I read the back it seems a scam. With things going at CBCS as it is today, why would they partner with anyone to give away any free grading?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600678 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?