Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleGrading Help Needed

TMNT Advs. #1 9.8 CPV FMV?16242

I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for all the abbreviations in the title.

I'm looking for a fair market value for my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 recently graded 9.8 by CBCS

This is the Canadian Price Variant.

Nearly a year ago, I found data that suggested it was worth nearly $1900 US, but I can't find anything on it now (especially since GoCollect had rejigged their free searches, and Covrprice also had limited free searches)

I was wondering if somebody could help me out with getting some FMVs on this book because I am going to be selling it

Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I would shoot for $2k at the least. My reasoning is the LCS I frequent has a CBCS 9.8 US priced copy on sale for $1200 (could probably be had for $1k). I would also check to see how many are at 9.8 on the CBCS and CGC population reports to play the scarcity angle as well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has three 9.8s, and two 9.6s
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
This issue specifically is a pain to find accurate/current FMV (even more so if you’re looking for the CPV Newsstand). There is a great website that a boardie shared with me I’ll have to look up my thread to give credit. It gives tons of insight but I question how up-to-date their FMV is.

https://www.cpvpriceguide.com/2022/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-adventures-mini-series/1de/

Edit: @sly for the resource
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
A newsstand 9.6 sold for $1250. The bump up to 9.8 is typically ridiculous, why most of us are happy with a 9.6.

You'd have to find a CPV collector and I wouldn't be surprised you could get a minimum 2.5k

Post 5 IP   flag post
600892 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?